Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Also the us had previous history selling out the Kurds in the first gulf war.
    wich kurds mate?
    kurd arent a mass of people. kurd are like 50 different clans with 50 different warlords.
    most of these groups fight each other, and most of em live like bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Also the us had previous history selling out the Kurds in the first gulf war.
    Yep. The Kurds are only important to the US so long as theiir cheap and needed.

The second we have something else to worry about - and we do - and they become "expensive" politically, well, it's been real, guys...

Nevertheless, the Turkish obsession with the Kurds is really delightfully quaint. I mean, really he wanted to make some point, and he hit me with the biggest "who cares?" all week.

So go for it Turkey. Once the US goes to do other things, unleash the beast if it makes you feel better. It doesn't matter. You'll rage fuck the PKK into the sand and it'll effect the US agenda a grand total of zero percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Mercenaries might come from a certain country but they are in no way - or under any law - seen as soldiers that are tied to a specific nation.

US mercenaries fight in many countries too, doesnt mean they are seen as US troops.
    This wouldn't be the first time russian soldiers fought disguised as irregulars. Like there were no russian soldiers on the Krim during the annexion, or on "vacation" in eastern Ukraine.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2018-02-15 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    So it is safe to assume the opposite to be true.
    Potentially. It would be quite embarrassing for Russia to confirm that Russians got killed in an operation by USA and Russia couldn't do a jackshit about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    wich kurds mate?
    kurd arent a mass of people. kurd are like 50 different clans with 50 different warlords.
    most of these groups fight each other, and most of em live like bandits.
    Piss off. /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yep. The Kurds are only important to the US so long as theiir cheap and needed.

The second we have something else to worry about - and we do - and they become "expensive" politically, well, it's been real, guys...

Nevertheless, the Turkish obsession with the Kurds is really delightfully quaint. I mean, really he wanted to make some point, and he hit me with the biggest "who cares?" all week.

So go for it Turkey. Once the US goes to do other things, unleash the beast if it makes you feel better. It doesn't matter. You'll rage fuck the PKK into the sand and it'll effect the US agenda a grand total of zero percent.
    I agree with you, but i disagree selling them out again will be free of consequences to the us. It tends to set a precedence and means other similar groups are far less likely to work with the us in future.

Let me know in 20 or 30 years when you manage to hit something.
    If it flies, eventually it'll hit targets. We aren't aiming for "kinetic" interception, after all (which fails you time after time).

And we didn't "break" the ABM Treaty. We formally withdrew from it. Over 15 years ago. We didn't cheat. We followed the procedure and left.
    ABM treaty was what allowed INF treaty to be followed; once you broke ABM limits, and especially once you started to built interceptor sites near our borders, INF limits became worthless paper.

But you do not get to violate it and pretend to stay in it, without consequences.
    Actually we do. The point of those treaties was that they would benefit both sides. Once situation changes to unilateral benefit, they become hollow.

So thanking for making my case. America did not cheat on ABM, as Russia has on INF and NewSTART. Want to right that wrong? Leave INF, yesterday and leave NewSTART tomorrow. We're already preparing for that future.
    So do we.

There goes your weekend, Shalcker. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    What is the US even doing in Syria? IS was defeated months ago.
    The US is not in Syria because of IS.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Yeah, all Western powers should pull out now tbh.

Let Syria figure it out with Russia from here on.
    Hahahaha, nice one.

Oh wait, you're serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hahahaha, nice one.

Oh wait, you're serious.
    Well, yes?

IS was our business because they targeted us here, in our own countries.
    Everything else going on there is however not our business. The Syrian president is still in power and Russia is his ally, so yes... let THEM figure the rest out.

Those are old news. 4 to 5 Russians died (with several times more Syrians) in ill-advised push to retake one oil field held by US team which they shelled with artillery, that's basically it.

Good that it shows Putin as potentially weak at "protecting Russians"; means better percentages for Grudinin :P

I'm sure his PR guys will make up some distraction once he gets better.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2018-02-15 at 01:52 PM.

Good stuff now drop some bombs on turkey backed jihadis and some Iranians to while your at it, or well leave the Iranians to israel so they can have some fun to.

The US is not in Syria because of IS.

Hahahaha, nice one.

Oh wait, you're serious.
    How exactly do you find that funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I think the attack on oil fields were not coordinated by Russia, so when forces on the ground got decimated, Russia pretty much said "well, better luck next time". Some people speculate that it was some local clan lord attempted to control the oilfield for himself or something along those lines. This is what Russian media claims.
    Uh-huh, this is the most likely explanation. It's a relief that our very reliable Russian media comes to clarify things. It's not as if it was a Russian stunt at all, throwing the stone and then promptly hiding the hand when it went awry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Uh-huh, this is the most likely explanation. It's a relief that our very reliable Russian media comes to clarify things. It's not as if it was a Russian stunt at all, throwing the stone and then promptly hiding the hand when it went awry.
    Alternative to Russian media with multiple people and groups corroborating names of diseased is what exactly? Invent "hundreds (or hell, "thousands!") Russian soldiers died to glorious US war machine" out of thin air?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    So is gasing your own people but that never stopped Assad. The guy needs to be removed.
    good sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    What is the US even doing in Syria? IS was defeated months ago.
    Protecting Oil fields, because retards here don't want us to use our Own Oil on our Own land, cause trees.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually reading provided links and the links to the sources they claimed (some, DailyMail for example just keep saying "reports", without even mentioning where do they get that info. They used to be so respected...) to have reliable information on the subject is way more fun then a news itself.
    Instead of going full Skroe on a subject, check it yourself, don't get bred by reading few paragraphs and follow the links further. You might be surprised how news are actually created and what counts as trustworthy source nowadays.

Continuing to fight the proxy war against Russia, which has been the entire point from the start.
    Spot on.
    Info wars , as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Clearly you want to see Syrian militias with MANPADs.
    What about when (not if) those islamists start shooting down US jets n helis But consequences, pfft! Who cares, right

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Good stuff. After all, the only good Russian is a...well, I'll let you figure that one out. I'm generally pretty passive and don't want our country to engage in war when unnecessary, but Russia? I'm all for war with Russia, all-out war would be worth it in the long run. They need to go.
    What a bloodthirsty lil pony, I'm sure when Ruski missiles head ur way, u won't know where to prance off to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Those are old news. 4 to 5 Russians died (with several times more Syrians) in ill-advised push to retake one oil field held by US team which they shelled with artillery, that's basically it.

Good that it shows Putin as potentially weak at "protecting Russians"; means better percentages for Grudinin :P

I'm sure his PR guys will make up some distraction once he gets better.
    It's not confirmed those 4-5 were even Russian citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvestra View Post
    good sheep
    Oh, do explain.