Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    Because to me it's the SAME leveling experience since like 2007 or so when i started back in WOTLK, doing the SAME quests in the SAME zones the SAME ancient way.
    It's not though. All of the low level quests were completely redesigned in Cataclysm. So if you started in WOTLK they are all new. I've been playing since 2008 and, thanks to the scaling changes, my most recent leveled character I leveled from 1-60 doing a bunch of quests I had never done before. The only issue is that they should really scale to 100 so I don't have to do Outland, Northrend etc again.

If you're going to complain about something, at least complain about something that actually exists.

Seems to me that even with the nerfs, dungeons still give roughly 25% with a lvl 110 running you.

That's still a LOT faster than questing.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It's not though. All of the low level quests were completely redesigned in Cataclysm. So if you started in WOTLK they are all new. I've been playing since 2008 and, thanks to the scaling changes, my most recent leveled character I leveled from 1-60 doing a bunch of quests I had never done before. The only issue is that they should really scale to 100 so I don't have to do Outland, Northrend etc again.

If you're going to complain about something, at least complain about something that actually exists.
    Again, I have leveled enough characters before and after cata to have leveled in every zone pre and post cata because i wanted to try out other zones in order to find the zones i liked questing in the most or a zone i would usually level in was overly populated (stranglethorn or tanaris are always quite full), maybe you only leveled 1 way before and that's fine but it's also on you there was nothing stopping you from doing so before.
    Yes they have changed for the most part but even so, cata now is 8 years old and while they did change the story and added a lot more quests but at the same time 90%+ are still the same "run across the map from questhub to spot, kill x of y, interact with n of m be it to collect something or to place stuff or whatever, maybe kill z named strong mob and then the cherry on top: fucking BACKTRACK in 2018 to the questhub" and the worst part is you can't afk run from questhub to questingspot and back to the questhub because autowalk feature is difficult and on top of that you get dazed slowing you by 60%(iirc) and if that isn't enough guess what, you also get dismounted, so much fun YAY!

The changes in cata were mostly exchanging some old quests with a higher number of new quests with the main intent of grouping of questgivers into various questhubs across each zone and having multiple "batches" of 1-3 quests at a time that instead of each of the quests sending you to a different corner of the map only each "batch" would send you to a different corner.
    TLDR: Cata didn't really change anything other than appearance of zones and exchange old quests for a higher number of new quests which are *insert same but different meme*

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    "If it gets too fast we'll be sure to nerf it again. Because we care. About selling those boost tokens."

The moral of the story kids, is that if you discover some clever new way to speed level... Keep it to yourself.

Keep it safe. Keep it secret.

And do not make a goddamn youtube video about it.
    Actually I'd argue the moral of the story is "exploit early, exploit often"

Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post
    80-90 is taking ages boosting, it's down to about 17% per clear for me at 88.
    Switch to soloing Heroic ZG instead of boosting. Kill all the trash and mini-bosses. Avoid killing a real boss, that way you can exit and reset.

Also, 17% per clear of what?

- - - Updated - - -

And do not make a goddamn youtube video about it.
    Or if you do, make that crap private, and only send the link via PMs to people you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    Done a Blackrock Caverns as random dungeon (almost instant queue as a tank at 4 AM), at lvl 86 i got 78k for finishing it +87k for the random dungeon finder bonus.
    Just as a note, elites give 600xp, the bigger elites 1300 and bosses 4.4k.
    Mind you, it took us over 30 minutes to finish it, so i'd say that running dungeons through the dungeon finder is still not worth it because dungeons just take way too long.
    Why are you doing cata dungeons instead of panda dungeons? Cata dungeons are harder and longer than panda ones

Because to me it's the SAME leveling experience since like 2007 or so when i started back in WOTLK, doing the SAME quests in the SAME zones the SAME ancient way. I've seen it all over and over again. Before at least it was FAST and i had fun one-shotting mobs. How hard is it to gasp that other people think differently? Just because YOU liked it doesnt mean that ANYONE else does, you could potentially be the only one thinking that way. My main problem with the patch is that they made it slower for EVERYONE and took away options, admittedly they were shit options like equipping a lvl 1 axe or smth if you wanted slow and hard leveling but it was an OPTION nonetheless, everyone had CHOICES of how they wanted to play and enjoy. Blizzard took those CHOICES away
    And so what if its slower? Any reason you, me , we, they, must hurry to lvl up? Its simple an allied race and not a new race so you need to put it immidiately in raids. Its most cosmetic and with some simple new racials. NOTHING more. Blizzard desided this for some reason i dont know and i dont care. One is for sure. Like it or not, you will be gonna lvling the allied race you want, or all of them if you want herritage armor. But none will forced you to do that. You also have the option stop lvling alts and allied. Simple as that.
    You want the herritage? yes? then you will lvling with game turns. Im not blizzard fun boy and to my friends in game im the first i say many bad things about Blizz and the way they manage this game, but i will not blame blizz for the slowing lvling and for the nerf to all "exploit" options. I take off my hat to them for these changes.
    PS : im sure you will not play the legacy servers.
    PS : potentially im not the only one thinging this way be sure for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    maybe coz it clogs up the channel, if im looking for a group i cant find it because trade is clogged with boost sell runs and guild recruitmentnow
    Selling boosts is a service, so it belongs in Trade Chat. LFG does not.

"If it gets too fast we'll be sure to nerf it again. Because we care. About selling those boost tokens."

The moral of the story kids, is that if you discover some clever new way to speed level... Keep it to yourself.

Keep it safe. Keep it secret.

And do not make a goddamn youtube video about it
    But but those tubers need to earn money somehow rather than having a real job...gotta keep the clickbait vids flowing after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    90-91 is the suckiest
    funny enough the dreaded kahdgar scenario helps a lot with that exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamouna View Post
    And so what if its slower? Any reason you, me , we, they, must hurry to lvl up? Its simple an allied race and not a new race so you need to put it immidiately in raids. Its most cosmetic and with some simple new racials. NOTHING more. Blizzard desided this for some reason i dont know and i dont care. One is for sure. Like it or not, you will be gonna lvling the allied race you want, or all of them if you want herritage armor. But none will forced you to do that. You also have the option stop lvling alts and allied. Simple as that.
    You want the herritage? yes? then you will lvling with game turns. Im not blizzard fun boy and to my friends in game im the first i say many bad things about Blizz and the way they manage this game, but i will not blame blizz for the slowing lvling and for the nerf to all "exploit" options. I take off my hat to them for these changes.
    PS : im sure you will not play the legacy servers.
    PS : potentially im not the only one thinging this way be sure for that.
    Firstly, not interested in allied races so that doesn't affect my opinion, same for heritage armor, for me cosmetics are important but not important enough to feel miserable for 60+ hours.
    Yes, the system is going to stay most likely for a very long time if not forever. HOWEVER that doesn't mean i will like it nor that i have to shut up about it. Also yes, i have the option to stop leveling and that is exactly what i've done, i've even used my boost on my 52 monk but it's not a solution to the problem.
    I'm not really blaming blizzard for nerfing exploits, i am blaming blizzard for keeping a system that is ancient and making a process that was horrible to some players and making it even longer thus creating the need for such exploits and for that i will keep blaming them.
    I will not even be looking at vanilla servers. vanilla sounds horrible compared to any mmo in the past 6 years to the point where i'd rather play an mmo where you can only get the best gear with irl money.
    I am sure you are not the only one, what i am not sure about, is why so many are opposed to having the OPTION in form of a idk trinket or smth to have 500% increased xp. That would still not solve the problem but it'd at least be some sort of bandaid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    But but those tubers need to earn money somehow rather than having a real job...gotta keep the clickbait vids flowing after all.
    I think archvalor was to blame with his latest video, 3 days after it went live blizzard ''fixed'' the power level thing, He makes damn good videos tho, I like the guy.

Also this leveling threads fascinate me, how some players feel like leveling is ''hell on earth'', they think leveling a character should be a 5 hour time investment and feel like blizzard spent all those months and money designing quest that despair your soul and if you look close enough in the watermark of every quest panel you can almost see the buy boost button.
    Last edited by kraid; 2018-02-15 at 04:33 PM.

Leveling post-nerf this morning, I'm leveling 3 alts through ramparts using "method 0" and it takes about 5 runs to level them. Before lockout they each leveled twice, so about 40 minutes for 6 levels (across 3 toons.. now 70, 72, 70), I'd say this is still the best method by far.

Firstly, not interested in allied races so that doesn't affect my opinion, same for heritage armor, for me cosmetics are important but not important enough to feel miserable for 60+ hours.
    Yes, the system is going to stay most likely for a very long time if not forever. HOWEVER that doesn't mean i will like it nor that i have to shut up about it. Also yes, i have the option to stop leveling and that is exactly what i've done, i've even used my boost on my 52 monk but it's not a solution to the problem.
    I'm not really blaming blizzard for nerfing exploits, i am blaming blizzard for keeping a system that is ancient and making a process that was horrible to some players and making it even longer thus creating the need for such exploits and for that i will keep blaming them.
    I will not even be looking at vanilla servers. vanilla sounds horrible compared to any mmo in the past 6 years to the point where i'd rather play an mmo where you can only get the best gear with irl money.
    I am sure you are not the only one, what i am not sure about, is why so many are opposed to having the OPTION in form of a idk trinket or smth to have 500% increased xp. That would still not solve the problem but it'd at least be some sort of bandaid
    You know its not easy at all to change the way of lvling the zones etc etc. We will speak for a new game then.New zones new quests.Okie you have a point of the lets say trinket for the exp boost, but now we have the looms. The slow lvling coming not from the looms but from the nerf and from the buff of the mobs hp and the dmg they do.Looms now just give us the extra xp and working like a blue gear, tho some greens are better until you hit a new lvl.The system is ancient coz the game is ancient also.

When they finally fix questing, people are complaining. Unbelievable. Stop trying to speed run your way to max level and maybe you'll see the enjoyment that is the game. If you don't enjoy it, you might want to ask yourself why you play the game. If the goal isn't to have fun, what is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    When they finally fix questing, people are complaining. Unbelievable. Stop trying to speed run your way to max level and maybe you'll see the enjoyment that is the game. If you don't enjoy it, you might want to ask yourself why you play the game. If the goal isn't to have fun, what is it?
    "If you don't like it quit", thanks for that, you're the first person to ever suggest it.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    "If you don't like it quit", thanks for that, you're the first person to ever suggest it.
    Well, it's true. Why do you play the game when you just want to skip over it? What's the point? I'd really like to know. Feedback would be appreciated.

I love that people are still stupid enough to ask why people don't like levelling in a 13 year old game

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    I think archvalor was to blame with his latest video, 3 days after it went live blizzard ''fixed'' the power level thing, He makes damn good videos tho, I like the guy.

Also this leveling threads fascinate me, how some players feel like leveling is ''hell on earth'', they think leveling a character should be a 5 hour time investment and feel like blizzard spent all those months and money designing quest that despair your soul and if you look close enough in the watermark of every quest panel you can almost see the buy boost button.
    I feel the same way. Its really not that bad once you adjust to it. The spec youre playing can have an impact though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    I love that people are still stupid enough to ask why people don't like levelling in a 13 year old game
    What does it matter that its 13 year old? There are people coming to wow RIGHT NOW for the first time and you want to ruin their experience because you are lazy? what a dick move.