Poll: How big is the population

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    When you do the scenario. Exactly 13.
    and then when you make a void elf, and see other blood elves and high elves are traveling as pilgrims with the intent to join them

Deleted
    BFA SPOILERS

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281843/b...-and-lordaeron

At least an army worth. - "The Void Elves... they just... their numbers are endless..."

Quote Originally Posted by hydramez View Post
    BFA SPOILERS

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281843/b...-and-lordaeron

At least an army worth. - "The Void Elves... they just... their numbers are endless..."
    Honestly, it feels a lot like they are making an illusion or something. Maybe summoning void creatures. I highly doubt their number could be called "endless."

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    DK's, pandaren and DH's already broke that rule though

I'd say between 100-1000, because sub 100 is unrealistic considering the amount of NPC's but a 1000 is also too much when you consider the Void Elves are a splinter faction
    All of those you listed have far greater numbers

Deleted
    I just had an idea.
    Maybe the void elves are doing what the void does best, turn your own fears and doubts against you.
    I mean, I view Lor'themar as someone who actually has the best interests of his people and his homeland at heart and he suffers for it, when he faces anger or accusations from people he threw out. Like in his story, when he tries to talk to the Highelves.
    Maybe, even though he knows he had to throw the voidelves out, he feels guilty because of it and when you turn his doubts and fears against him, the worst thing he can see is that many of his people, that he exiled. Throw in some void horrors, that in this state appear like elves too and he sees an endless army composed of all the bloodelves and highelves he personally exiled (not really, only his guilt telling him that ofc)

If that one line refers to the Void Elves, then the only possible explanation is either illusion magic or summoning void creatures. Any other explanation goes into OMEGALUL territory.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    and then when you make a void elf, and see other blood elves and high elves are traveling as pilgrims with the intent to join them
    You cant just become half ethereal just because you want to study void.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    It is stated during the Siege of Lordaeron that the numbers of the Ren'dorei are 'endless', 'infinite', so the correct option is above 100.000k.
    Technically, you're taking that quote out of context. I mean, as far as we know, they could just be summoning Void Creatures, or perhaps even summoning other Void Elves from other realities.

Regardless, though, more fodder for the Invasion Fleet. Slava Salhadaar.

By the way, you still haven't taken that survey on how you plan on serving the Ethereum Invasion Fleet when it comes around. Would you mind giving a moment of your time?

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I just had an idea.
    Maybe the void elves are doing what the void does best, turn your own fears and doubts against you.
    I mean, I view Lor'themar as someone who actually has the best interests of his people and his homeland at heart and he suffers for it, when he faces anger or accusations from people he threw out. Like in his story, when he tries to talk to the Highelves.
    Maybe, even though he knows he had to throw the voidelves out, he feels guilty because of it and when you turn his doubts and fears against him, the worst thing he can see is that many of his people, that he exiled. Throw in some void horrors, that in this state appear like elves too and he sees an endless army composed of all the bloodelves and highelves he personally exiled (not really, only his guilt telling him that ofc)
    That would actually make quite a bit of sense. I'd be up for that kind of plot point.

Either way I'm enjoying that the Allied races are at least participating in something rather than be neglected. Here's to hoping Void Elves become something akin to the Forsaken as in "using questionable methods to achieve your objective" and bring much needed inner conflict to the Alliance.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I see it now, void elves make a giant illusion, Thallsyra shouts “what are you hiding?” And dispels it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Either way I'm enjoying that the Allied races are at least participating in something rather than be neglected. Here's to hoping Void Elves become something akin to the Forsaken as in "using questionable methods to achieve your objective" and bring much needed inner conflict to the Alliance.
    The Void Elves are a pretty interesting race, even if the people who play as them can be a bit on the cringy side, and I am glad to see the allied races keep attention in the lore.

The Allied Race I really hope gets attention, though, would be the Lightforged Draenei. Not only did they fight the Legion for what was 25,000 years to us, they fought them for roughly 100,000 years from their perspective. 100,000 years of warfare would have to make them extremely dangerous. Combine the accumulated knowledge and training of 100,000 years with the already commendable strength and intelligence of the Eredar, as well as infusion by the light, and you have a militaristic and scientific powerhouse. Plus, the ones we fought alongside on Argus are seemingly only a small, elite portion of their numbers. There are certainly more on other worlds, and we don't know if they're fertile or not, so they could have much larger numbers than the normal Draenei.
    Last edited by Arenchac of Suramar; 2018-02-15 at 01:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    All of those you listed have far greater numbers
    No they don't. All playable pandaren come from one turtle, the Lich King only raised small army of DK's to destroy the Scarlet Enclave and Light's Hope, Illidan's DH squad was equally small due to the limited number of elves applying and the great mortality rates of the training

Significantly fewer than high elves, who have always been "not common enough to be playable".

Slightly more common than undead paladins or other NPC specific race/class combinations that currently are "too rare to be playable".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Who voted for over 100k lol
    People who read leaks. Not gonna say more.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Significantly fewer than high elves, who have always been "not common enough to be playable".

Slightly more common than undead paladins or other NPC specific race/class combinations that currently are "too rare to be playable".
    but differently than high elves all void elves are fighters, meanwhile the first are, like more or like all races, by majority civilian

and undead paladin =/= forsaken paladin

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    but differently than high elves all void elves are fighters, meanwhile the first are, like more or like all races, by majority civilian

and undead paladin =/= forsaken paladin
    They were researchers. Not fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    They were researchers. Not fighters.
    even mages and druid are researchers, still they are fighters

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    even mages and druid are researchers, still they are fighters
    Then most High Elves are fighters because their mostly mages and hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

I thinke the "not common enough to be playable" position has been thoroughly proved to be nonsense. Those who've been roundl ong enough know the statement was put out by a CM, not a dev, her name was Caydiem, back in the days where people assumed CMs and devs were the same thing and took their comments as canon. It's been long since shown that we have playable options in some races/classes far less common than than what would have been a reasonable high elf population.

Remember it's not blizzard contradicting htemselves, i'ts players just getting thier facts wrong and making assumptions of what blizzard is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    Then most High Elves are fighters because their mostly mages and hunters.
    uhm no, they are mostly civilian, like most of the races of warcraft (and in real)