Poll: Will you need to old BC/WoD content achievements to unlock Mag'har Orcs?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Honestly?
    Imagine you buy BfA after not playing Legion, getting hyped about the new races just to discover you have to run around on empty Argus to grind a rep nobody gives a damn about anymore, killing old mobs with one hit, looting loot or currency that is completly useless to you.

And I know, there are tons of people who HATED WoD and skiped it (I actually enjoyed and played a lot of it), and they would go nuclear, if they had to play just a bit of old useless WoD content 2 expansions after it ended.

Should they go with the idea that they're "Draenor Orcs" they would probably be tied to Frostwolf or Laughing Skull rep. It somewhat leans toward that with the Gorgrond map datamined, since we know that Gorgrond doesn't exist at all in our timeline.

Should they go with "Mag'har Orcs" it would probably be tied to the rep of the same name. It somewhat leans toward that with the Mag'har Direwolf mount recently datamined - especially because the term "Mag'har" is only for the main timeline's Outland, since the term never applied to AU Draenor whatsoever.

I would imagine they'd go with the name "Mag'har" but use Draenor reps - they're a bit easier (as people are demanding) than Mag'har, which requires a bit of grinding for those that haven't done it. Draenor's reps also require grinding, but less so than the Mag'har rep would, potentially. It's also more recent, and has more mobs, quests, and opportunities to complete easily.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

5+ Year Old Account
    This means the Broken of the Kurenai join the Alliance too as future allied race? More draenei?

But moreso, if the Alliance get Kul Tirans through the Houses rep, why would the Horde have to do/or have ALREADY done their reputation part to unlock the new race?
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Should they go with the idea that they're "Draenor Orcs" they would probably be tied to Frostwolf or Laughing Skull rep. It somewhat leans toward that with the Gorgrond map datamined, since we know that Gorgrond doesn't exist at all in our timeline.

Should they go with "Mag'har Orcs" it would probably be tied to the rep of the same name. It somewhat leans toward that with the Mag'har Direwolf mount recently datamined - especially because the term "Mag'har" is only for the main timeline's Outland, since the term never applied to AU Draenor whatsoever.

I would imagine they'd go with the name "Mag'har" but use Draenor reps - they're a bit easier (as people are demanding) than Mag'har, which requires a bit of grinding for those that haven't done it. Draenor's reps also require grinding, but less so than the Mag'har rep would, potentially. It's also more recent, and has more mobs, quests, and opportunities to complete easily.
    Mag'har is just the name of uncorrupted orcs. Also, Mag'har Direwolf has PH after it, it is merely a placeholder name.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Mag'har is just the name of uncorrupted orcs. Also, Mag'har Direwolf has PH after it, it is merely a placeholder name.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mag%27har
    It's a name specifically given to the uncorrupted orcs that lived in Garadar on our Outland. The term was never given to any clan or group of orcs on AU Draenor.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

no, dont make any sense, we are unlocking legion races because we are playing legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be so pissed. Like, my characters' fury would even pale.
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Why are people against Allied Race gating? We're playing an MMO-RPG, and as a result, there SHOULD be grinds for perks, bonus content, etc. This complaint is the same reason why we have World Quests, i.e. quests with no background information, random appearances, etc., versus the MoP-style of dailies where the story and dailies were TIED to the factions that they represented, e.g. the roll-out of the Krasarang invasion or the Klaxxi or the Tillers. With gates, immersive dailies and reputations, etc., the game FEELS alive.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Why are people against Allied Race gating? We're playing an MMO-RPG, and as a result, there SHOULD be grinds for perks, bonus content, etc. This complaint is the same reason why we have World Quests, i.e. quests with no background information, random appearances, etc., versus the MoP-style of dailies where the story and dailies were TIED to the factions that they represented, e.g. the roll-out of the Krasarang invasion or the Klaxxi or the Tillers. With gates, immersive dailies and reputations, etc., the game FEELS alive.
    i would agree if the grind was in the current expansion, as you said we are playing a rpg, we should progress our character instead of return in a content that has already been finished.
    but thats only a point of view

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    The term was never given to any clan or group of orcs on AU Draenor.
    But they could give them that name now. The definition "uncorrupted Orc" is the perfect description of the poor choice of name that is "Draenor Orcs". And the datamined map as well as the flavour text of the Wolf mount do refer to Draenor and not Outland. I would say Draenor Orcs now being called Mag'har is seeming very likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I think all allied races should have requirement of purchasing Battle For Azeroth. This should be only requirement player need to meet to make class of said race.
    I think this will be the case eventually, and probably more towards the end of the expansion (for the initial ones anyway).

Maybe Mag'har and Dark Iron are tied to earning rep from Warfronts?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd laugh my ass off all over again if they did. Nothing better than the salt of quitters crying that they don't get handed something without any effort

I hope so. Ooooh, I can see the raging, foaming, cheeto-crusted fury unfolding already... Glorious.

New expansion, new reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    New expansion, new reps.
    That's rather silly. For example, if they introduce the Taunka as an Allied Race, why would they tie-in a BfA reputation over a WotLK reputation? After all, we EARNED their trust during the Northrend campaign, and they JOINED the Horde during the quests in the Dragonblight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I think all allied races should have requirement of purchasing Battle For Azeroth. This should be only requirement player need to meet to make class of said race.
    God forbid content should require a shred of work outside raiding.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    That's rather silly. For example, if they introduce the Taunka as an Allied Race, why would they tie-in a BfA reputation over a WotLK reputation? After all, we EARNED their trust during the Northrend campaign, and they JOINED the Horde during the quests in the Dragonblight.
    Because Blizzard doesn't change old expansions content wise. They might make a new scenario or instance in Northrend tied to a new Taunka rep, but they would NEVER retroactively go back and mess with Wrath content.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    God forbid content should require a shred of work outside raiding.
    Completely agree. They are tying to make the old world more useful. Timewalking and the new leveling system, they want older content to still be useful. They were quizzed at Blizzcon I believe about making WQ’s available for greater Azeroth and other zones and their response was something like “we won’t rule it out but not right now”
    I personally would love to have WQ’s available in some of the older zones. Especially after cata I never really levelled a fresh character as my roster was all above the 1-60 content.
    I think having people go back and get some basic requirements with a race they want to play is a good idea. It isn’t like the game is unplayable while you are getting the requirements met you still have 13 or whatever races to use and have fun with anyway

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't change old expansions content wise. They might make a new scenario or instance in Northrend tied to a new Taunka rep, but they would NEVER retroactively go back and mess with Wrath content.
    There's nothing to change; you would do the Dragonblight achievement/Exalted with the Horde Expedition to unlock the Taunka.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2018-02-15 at 10:06 PM.