Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I believe you said you live in the San Jose/San Francisco area? Is that incorrect? If not, i apologize.
    What's it matter what city they live in again? Which one do you live in to compare it to to make that makes their city a "rat's nest"?

LOL, it is not just the "crazy preppers" that will be doing well. The people in the "fly-over" states are just normal people that realize what a tenuous world we live in and understand that basic skills of human survival are still necessary. Those are the people that still hunt and fish on a regular basis.
    Because you believe everyone in those states hunt, fish, camp, hike, make traps, have knowledge of both flaura and fauna to not die eating anything, know how to build cabins, skin animals, make clothes, gut fish, farm, raise animals, know how to ride animals, how to cook said animals to not die, and everything else? You really think that? Go ahead and list the statistics of those that have knowledge of all of those skills. I'd love to see how you know this.

Apparently you believe everyone in those states is still living in 1880.

So what will you do after week 2 if the "cavalry" doesn't come to RESCUE you? Go to the grocery store? LOL!
    So you're idea of survival is hoping for shit to hit the fan from the many conspiracy theories you believe in? Like the time Obama came to get everyone's guns? How'd that turn out?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I believe you said you live in the San Jose/San Francisco area? Is that incorrect? If not, i apologize.
    In that area, yes. Do you consider those areas "rat's nests"?

LOL, it is not just the "crazy preppers" that will be doing well. The people in the "fly-over" states are just normal people that realize what a tenuous world we live in and understand that basic skills of human survival are still necessary. Those are the people that still hunt and fish on a regular basis. The REAL Americans will be just fine.
    This is pure fantasy. Maintaining hunter/gatherer skills are irrelevant in modern, developed nations. It makes sense for select folks who want to continue living a more subsistance-based, rural lifestyle, but by-and-large the whole point of coming together as societies was to move away from that tenuous way of living.

Which we have, much to the chagrin of many who wish the would would regress back to the way it was hundreds of years ago...but also don't want to lose many modern conveniences that arose specifically because of our societal advancement.

So what will you do after week 3 if the "cavalry" doesn't come to RESCUE you? Go to the grocery store? LOL!
    At that point, figure it out, I am an Eagle Scout after all! But that's an unreasonable concern, at least if you're not Puerto Rico with an administration that's determined to slow-walk aid delivery.

Again, the only way your arguments work is if you present unrealistic, specific fictional scenarios that make them work. When you put them into the context of reality they fall apart completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    I agree with your ideas of preparedness, but leave the "REAL Americans" out. He's just as real an American as you are, you just don't agree with his ideology. Unless we're going to start using the No True Scotsman (No true American?) fallacy
    Which is what gets me because, as I put above, I lived in that shit. I grew up in a backwater place in Virginia so the people he's calling real Americans, which are those types, are nothing but uneducated bigots clinging to their Bible and cursing at brown people and liberals while they live in shitty conditions and don't take the steps even in their local areas to fix their problems. They're blind to reality and would rather bury themselves in their Fox News and Rush Limbaugh who tell them what they want to hear; that they're the victims and the whole world is out to get them.

I wouldn't even say most of these morons even know how to really hunt, fish, or prepare their catches/hunts without someone else doing it. Seriously, we had a business growing up that just skinned and butchered other people's deer because these fucking morons couldn't even do that. They just wanted to kill them and collect the heads. They just get trashed on the docks, destroy the ecosystems, poach deer, and don't even follow actual hunting laws or even as much as etiquette. Their definition of hunting was to get fucking plastered and shoot anything that came by or walked in their yard with an often illegally modified AR-15.

Ransath wants to claim all of us "liberals" don't know shit about the "hardworking American" and Trump supporters but guess what buttercup, I'm from that shit and escaped it. Hell, I'm still registered Republican and fighting against my own party to try to bring some sanity back to our system.

edit: On the other hand as well, I do know the economic hardships these people face. Which is another reason why I try so hard offline to bring people around to voting for changing shit, even if it means ticking off that D box for one election to shake up their local political system that has run them further into poverty but stays in power for 50 years because there's an R next to their name. But these people can be outright delusional and think they're the ones funding America while they overwhelmingly live on food stamps and other government subsidies.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2018-02-15 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

7+ Year Old Account

LOL, it is not just the "crazy preppers" that will be doing well. The people in the "fly-over" states are just normal people that realize what a tenuous world we live in and understand that basic skills of human survival are still necessary. Those are the people that still hunt and fish on a regular basis. The REAL Americans will be just fine.

So what will you do after week 3 if the "cavalry" doesn't come to RESCUE you? Go to the grocery store? LOL!
    Do you have a forge? Can you blacksmith? What if your tools break? Do you expect people to help you by trading?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Do you have a forge? Can you blacksmith? What if your tools break? Do you expect people to help you by trading?
    How about a background in animal husbandry? Farming and irrigation? What about sewing or tannery? Don't forget a solid understanding of carpentry and the curing of meats! I mean, these will all be important skills to have when literally all of society collapses and we need to revert back to the pre-industrialized era!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine if Trump tried to cut the budget of things like safety and mental health assistance to schools? Man, that'd be really embarrassing, based on what he just tweeted, if he was actively taking steps against what he just said. That'd make him look completely incompetent.

So here it is.

Trump's proposed 2019 budget would cut millions of dollars from federal education programs designed to help school districts improve safety and provide mental health assistance in the event of a tragedy.

The budget proposal, which was unveiled earlier this week by the White House, would reduce funding for national school safety activities by $25 million compared to 2017, Politico reported.

That reduction would include the elimination of “project prevention grants,” which have helped schools across the country fund conflict resolution programs, prevent bullying and pay for mental health assistance for students.

Politico reports the budget would also cut the $1 million in funding for the School Emergency Response to Violence (SERV) program, which has previously provided millions in funding to the school district in Newtown, Conn., following the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The program’s website says it funds services to help students “recover from a violent or traumatic event in which the learning environment has been disrupted.”
    Trump's budget is a wish-list of things that are important to him. Congress doesn't have to pass it. But it does illustrate what he thinks is important, and preventing crazy people from shooting up a school isn't one of them, and helping the victims recover isn't either.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-h...eaken-gun-law/

Heh, White House still won't release photo's of Trump signing this bill.

It's almost like they're, I don't know, worried about how terrible the optics of this are. I would say "ashamed", but we've long since established that nobody in this White House is capable of feeling shame.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    So doctors and the medical community are able to be swayed by people like me to do take completely
    Illogical and unscientific positions but we should still trust them?
    They took thimerosal out of vaccines for the same reason that parents check under their kid's bed for monsters.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I thought the objection to this law was that it circumvented due process? I.e., you can't have your rights taken away just because the government claims you're mentally unfit, they have to actually prove you're mentally unfit before they can take away your right to own a gun or purchase a gun?

It was even backed by the ACLU.
    Aw you done it now, you brought facts and reason to a MMO-Post, you have angered "The Click"

https://www.aclu.org/blog/disability...should-be-fair

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    They took thimerosal out of vaccines for the same reason that parents check under their kid's bed for monsters.
    I’m glad to know doctors can be bullied into pushing lies then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In that area, yes. Do you consider those areas "rat's nests"?
    Abso-fucking-lutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How about a background in animal husbandry? Farming and irrigation? What about sewing or tannery? Don't forget a solid understanding of carpentry and the curing of meats! I mean, these will all be important skills to have when literally all of society collapses and we need to revert back to the pre-industrialized era!
    LOL - talk about extremism? But, then again, ridiculous hyperbole and extrapolation are the tools of the liberal trade.

But, just for the fun of it:

What about sewing - check
    Farming and irrigation - check
    Understanding of carpentry - check
    Curing of meats - check

BTW, good on you for being an Eagle Scout.

I’m glad to know doctors can be bullied into pushing lies then
    They aren't pushing lies. They removed an ingredient only needed for batches, not single vaccines. To humor a fantasy with no basis in reality.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Which is what gets me because, as I put above, I lived in that shit. I grew up in a backwater place in Virginia so the people he's calling real Americans, which are those types, are nothing but uneducated bigots clinging to their Bible and cursing at brown people and liberals while they live in shitty conditions and don't take the steps even in their local areas to fix their problems. They're blind to reality and would rather bury themselves in their Fox News and Rush Limbaugh who tell them what they want to hear; that they're the victims and the whole world is out to get them.

I wouldn't even say most of these morons even know how to really hunt, fish, or prepare their catches/hunts without someone else doing it. Seriously, we had a business growing up that just skinned and butchered other people's deer because these fucking morons couldn't even do that. They just wanted to kill them and collect the heads. They just get trashed on the docks, destroy the ecosystems, poach deer, and don't even follow actual hunting laws or even as much as etiquette. Their definition of hunting was to get fucking plastered and shoot anything that came by or walked in their yard with an often illegally modified AR-15.

Ransath wants to claim all of us "liberals" don't know shit about the "hardworking American" and Trump supporters but guess what buttercup, I'm from that shit and escaped it. Hell, I'm still registered Republican and fighting against my own party to try to bring some sanity back to our system.
    Your rant, while quite impressive, assumes quite a bit to make your point.

Yes, I can hunt, fish, skin. I can even set a rabbit snare and tie my own flies

I am not a Republican. Never have been and never will be. I am also an atheist.

The way you describe your kin is pretty much nothing more than stereotypes. Sure, there are folks like that, but I happen to know a few folks from WV (and TN) that grew up in hollers that are NOTHING as you described. So, does my anecdotal evidence counter yours? You paint with as broad a brush as any racist I have ever seen.

You truly don't even have a clue what I mean by REAL Americans, yet you are quick to define it using YOUR bias and then pass off your assumption as if it is MY definition.

I am not a Republican. Never have been and never will be. I am also an atheist.
    You say this a lot, like anyone actually believes you and especially when they look at anything you post here. Saying that doesn't mean anything based on your actions and words.

You truly don't even have a clue what I mean by REAL Americans, yet you are quick to define it using YOUR bias and then pass off your assumption as if it is MY definition.
    We know what you mean be "REAL Americans", it's worshiping the big orange tic-tac even when he breaks the law constantly. Your bias shows more than the sun during the day.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You say this a lot, like anyone actually believes you and especially when they look at anything you post here. Saying that doesn't mean anything based on your actions and words.

We know what you mean be "REAL Americans", it's worshiping the big orange tic-tac even when he breaks the law constantly. Your bias shows more than the sun during the day.
    Kinda reminds me of that Oktoberfest guy who claimed he was a Democract, even though he was all for Republican/Tea Party ideals.

15+ Year Old Account
    You called me ignorant for being skeptical about ethyl mercury
    You should be skeptical about sodium chloride, considering sodium explodes violently when it comes into contact with water, and pure chlorine is one of the most toxic substances to most life forms.

But it seems you failed chemistry class so we'll all just have a good laugh at your expense.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Abso-fucking-lutely.

LOL - talk about extremism? But, then again, ridiculous hyperbole and extrapolation are the tools of the liberal trade.

But, just for the fun of it:

What about sewing - check
    Farming and irrigation - check
    Understanding of carpentry - check
    Curing of meats - check

BTW, good on you for being an Eagle Scout.
    How is that more hyperbolic than society regressing to hunting and gathering?

Projection: the only way trumplings can deal with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    You should be skeptical about sodium chloride, considering sodium explodes violently when it comes into contact with water, and pure chlorine is one of the most toxic substances to most life forms.

But it seems you failed chemistry class so we'll all just have a good laugh at your expense.
    Please elaborate, are you saying ethylmercury is harmless?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    How is that more hyperbolic than society regressing to hunting and gathering?

Projection: the only way trumplings can deal with the world.
    It's a weird form of superiority complex because while, sure, most rural rednecks are probably better equipped to survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland than effete yuppies, they don't hold a candle to what people shithole countries can and must do just to survive on a daily basis right now. Most survivalists in America do that as a hobby, which means that when it gets too real for them they can always just go home and relax for a bit, and that won't do anything to prepare them for whatever collapse of society they think is coming.

How much longer are republicans going to run on pushing mass murder?