Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    It's cute that you think the first six films weren't absolutely filled with political commentary too.

And I don't mean the literal political shit in the prequels, either.
    Excuse me, I meant progressively ridiculous political dickery.

OG trilogy: Nazis are bad
    Prequels: Conservatives are secret Nazis
    Disney: All white men are Nazis
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    People also didnt have the force in real life. The duel of fates is entirely realistic when you take into the precog ability of all 3 combantants. They know where thier blades are, will be and thier allies or enemies. They are not fighting traditional with metal swords, they are fighting with swords of light. While being able to enhance abilities with force energy, pushs and jumps.
    I'd buy that if Darth Maul wasn't constantly kicking people in the face during that fight. They have precog ability and can dodge and parry lightsabers easily, but kicks are too hard to avoid. Also for some reason when obi-wan jumped up he just stood there and stared at him while he got cut in half instead of just killing him on the way up or parrying from behind like he already did numerous times in the same fight.

The only reason the fight looked that way is because they think it looks cool. If we're talking about the books? Sure. The way the fights are described in there, I agree with you. In the movies though it just looks silly because everyone fighting with lightsabers in ep.1-3 constantly does things that would quickly get you killed in a real fight, from twirling like a ballerina to mace windu putting both of his arms up while sidious had his lightsaber pointed right at his chest. Yeah, it's fantasy, but there still has to be a degree of realism for it to not look ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    I'd buy that if Darth Maul wasn't constantly kicking people in the face during that fight. They have precog ability and can dodge and parry lightsabers easily, but kicks are too hard to avoid. Also for some reason when obi-wan jumped up he just stood there and stared at him while he got cut in half instead of just killing him on the way up or parrying from behind like he already did numerous times in the same fight. The only reason the fight looked that way is because they think it looks cool. If we're talking about the books? Sure. The way the fights are described in there, I agree with you. In the movies though it just looks silly because everyone fighting with lightsabers in ep.1-3 constantly does things that would quickly get you killed in a real fight, from twirling like a ballerina to mace windu putting both of his arms up while sidious had his lightsaber pointed right at his chest. Yeah, it's fantasy, but there still has to be a degree of realism for it to not look ridiculous.
    You're hitting the points I might have made.
    Because of their precog ability (there's an actual term But I don't recall), Jedi/Sith are difficult to tag. It's less a sword fight, and more of a "precog" fight. Sith have an ability to fuck with that particular sense.
    Also, because light-sabers are what they are, bladed weapons every which way, there are multiple styles of fighting with it to take every advantage of that. (I recall Dooku's mastery of a particular style which was the reason why the hilt of his weapon was curved. And Galen Marek favored a reversed position even when using two sabers at a time)

I'd buy that if Darth Maul wasn't constantly kicking people in the face during that fight. They have precog ability and can dodge and parry lightsabers easily, but kicks are too hard to avoid. Also for some reason when obi-wan jumped up he just stood there and stared at him while he got cut in half instead of just killing him on the way up or parrying from behind like he already did numerous times in the same fight.

The only reason the fight looked that way is because they think it looks cool. If we're talking about the books? Sure. The way the fights are described in there, I agree with you. In the movies though it just looks silly because everyone fighting with lightsabers in ep.1-3 constantly does things that would quickly get you killed in a real fight, from twirling like a ballerina to mace windu putting both of his arms up while sidious had his lightsaber pointed right at his chest. Yeah, it's fantasy, but there still has to be a degree of realism for it to not look ridiculous.
    Your mixing precog with the ability to read the precog and try and change whats going to happen, its almost like you knowing whats going to happen but it changes a little or more to keep ahead of you, leading to minute deviations resulting in things like a flailed limb connecting or missing. sorry but those fights were far better than the shity ones in 456 done with fencing.

I just wish they had not used the old characters again. I mean i am happy that I saw Han Solo again with Ford or Hammel as Luke but it's to controversial. Some will love it and others will hate it. Should have just set it beyond the old EU. Clean start. Then you could have done stories in the current time line as one off movies.

doesn't matter who directs these movies, they will always be shit as long as hollywood's nothing but a soapbox for liberal ideology(before you bitch, i'm bisexual and mostly left leaning).

star wars is dead, and i doubt it'll ever be revived.

I think the only time we saw any blood was back in Empire Strikes Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    And the fights from the original trilogy look like slow, play fighting with stick swords with no feeling of danger to me. Dated or not, they looked better and were more entertaining on screen.
    The one in Star Wars perhaps. Not the one in Empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    How can people hate the lightsaber fights of the prequels? They are awesome. They are jedi and sith, at their peak, they are supposed to be over the top. And it makes a lot of sense that the lightsaber battle between Luke and Vader is a bit more brutal and less refined, Luke is not a jedi trained in lightsaber battle since childhood. And Vader is getting old and is in a robot suit, so his movement is limited. I personally think the best fights are Luke vs Vader in Return, Darth Maul fights in Phantom and Anakin vs Obi wan, that last one definitively being the most over the top fight, but damn it is cool and intense.

I am pretty good with J. J coming back. Force Awakens was miles better than Last Jedi... Even though I still think Rey should've gotten her ass kicked by Kylo and get saved by the earth cracking. Why does she never lose a fight? She should at least lose a hand! I hope J. J retcons the last Jedi. Maybe the whole film was Finn dreaming in his comatose, that would be great.
    The original saber fights were inspired by old samurai movies with most of the combat taking place in feeling out the opponent and ending with a strike or two. It's about what you should expect from two mildly precognitive sword fighters. The focus on jedi training also heavily stressed mental training and endurance over physical strength and ability. Going from that sort of combat to acrobatic nonsense fighting is a huge change in direction. The newer stuff is cool in its own right, but it is a big departure from the original focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Directed four Star Wars films.
    2 of which were shit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Because it's impossible for someone to do something good after a mistake, mister perfect little boy.
    Still waiting for him to do something good.

But it's okay. You keep sucking his proverbial cock. I'm sure one day he'll be browsing a shitty MMORPG fan site, see your comment, track you down, and throw money at you. (At least that hope is the only thing that makes sense when it comes to online sycophants like yourself who can't handle people having genuine criticisms about things.)

Edit: Ironically, I didn't even notice your username til just now. What a genuine shocker...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Your mixing precog with the ability to read the precog and try and change whats going to happen, its almost like you knowing whats going to happen but it changes a little or more to keep ahead of you, leading to minute deviations resulting in things like a flailed limb connecting or missing. sorry but those fights were far better than the shity ones in 456 done with fencing.
    I disagree, but that's fine, to each their own. I'd rather watch lightsaber duels that make sense than ones where every 2 seconds I'm thinking "if he didn't have plot armor he'd be dead right now...", but if you like flips and spins have at it. It's probably the same reason I thought the matrix looked cool when i was younger but now I think it looks ridiculous and would rather watch something a bit more grounded.

I disagree, but that's fine, to each their own. I'd rather watch lightsaber duels that make sense than ones where every 2 seconds I'm thinking "if he didn't have plot armor he'd be dead right now...", but if you like flips and spins have at it. It's probably the same reason I thought the matrix looked cool when i was younger but now I think it looks ridiculous and would rather watch something a bit more grounded.
    If you want to go watch fencing watch 3 musketeers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You're hitting the points I might have made.
    Because of their precog ability (there's an actual term But I don't recall), Jedi/Sith are difficult to tag. It's less a sword fight, and more of a "precog" fight. Sith have an ability to fuck with that particular sense.
    Also, because light-sabers are what they are, bladed weapons every which way, there are multiple styles of fighting with it to take every advantage of that. (I recall Dooku's mastery of a particular style which was the reason why the hilt of his weapon was curved. And Galen Marek favored a reversed position even when using two sabers at a time)
    Yeah, there were six styles. Form one came first and was the first one everyone learned, focuses on deflecting blaster fire. As sabers became more common Form Two was invented for saber to saber combat, that's what Dooku was a master of. Form Three was totally defensive, that was Obi Wan's specialty. Form Four involved the most acrobatics and leaps, they're what Qui-gon and Obi-wan used in 1, but they lose a lot of their benefit in closed areas so Obi wan changed. Form five is more heavy power, with more strength behind it, and physical pushing and beating, which Anakin used later. And form six is an all around general skill for guys who use force powers more, and a pre-req to learning dual wielding.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

So Disney is doubling down on their sjw bullshit by bringing JJ back to finish off this horrid trilogy. Whatever, the franchise is dead to me while Kath Kennedy and her army of femnazis are at the helm.

Let's hope that after this trilogy, the Disney execs wake up and decide to make movies that Star Wars fans enjoy instead of the drivel that JJ and Kennedy wants.

Deleted
    Good, The Last Jedi was worse than Force Awakens

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    The original saber fights were inspired by old samurai movies with most of the combat taking place in feeling out the opponent and ending with a strike or two. It's about what you should expect from two mildly precognitive sword fighters. The focus on jedi training also heavily stressed mental training and endurance over physical strength and ability. Going from that sort of combat to acrobatic nonsense fighting is a huge change in direction. The newer stuff is cool in its own right, but it is a big departure from the original focus.
    That is very true. I must admit I like all of it. I like that it is evolving and changing from the different films. And the originals had the most realistic fight. Mark Hamill learned Kendo and faught an olympic fencer, while the originals are more highly coreographed to look fast and flashy. I love both styles. And I liked that Lucas wanted a different type of lightsaber fighting for the prequals. I guess I just love Star Wars and lightsabers. I even thought the more brutal vicious and unprecize fighting of the Force Awakens was pretty cool, even though I am not super happy with Rey being so powerful. And Last Jedi is sadly the first time I have gone from a Star Wars movie and had to say "I didn't really like it". And it didn't have any lightsaber battles to discuss either, which kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    doesn't matter who directs these movies, they will always be shit as long as hollywood's nothing but a soapbox for liberal ideology(before you bitch, i'm bisexual and mostly left leaning).

star wars is dead, and i doubt it'll ever be revived.
    Grats? It's still absurd to slap SJW an similar epithets at the new trilogy because (OMG!) there is more than just white dudes in it and (OMG!) it's not like the original trilogy pushed boundaries back in it's day at all or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    So Disney is doubling down on their sjw bullshit by bringing JJ back to finish off this horrid trilogy. Whatever, the franchise is dead to me while Kath Kennedy and her army of femnazis are at the helm.

Let's hope that after this trilogy, the Disney execs wake up and decide to make movies that Star Wars fans enjoy instead of the drivel that JJ and Kennedy wants.
    You've failed to ever defend your "SJW bullshit" claims in the other thread, so it would be great if you'd stop crapping it out on posts unless you actually want to try to prove you have an actual point. The existence of more than one color and gender in a movie does not an "SJW bullshit" movie make.

By all means hate the new trilogy, but at least hate it for reasons that are not fictional.

and every single person that has posted is still going to go see the movie.

GG JJ
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Good, The Last Jedi was worse than Force Awakens
    A rather impressive feat. Last Jedi was so horrible that unless JJ goes out of his way to make a bad movie E9 should end up being an improvement