Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    If I had to choose between Apocalypse and Army I would take Apocalypse in a heartbeat.

That being said I don't mind keeping AOTD but I do with they would make it, and gargoyle more interesting.

They really need to work on ways to combo abilities etc instead of just pure push button do X more dps.
    Yeah exactly. Apoc was just a better version of an old spell.

As for gargoyle, doesn't Dark Arbiter kind of make it more interesting? I really like the DA playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
    Yeah exactly. Apoc was just a better version of an old spell.

As for gargoyle, doesn't Dark Arbiter kind of make it more interesting? I really like the DA playstyle.
    I just wish da was less random. Going from godlike on one pull to 'are you having a stroke?' pittyfulnes(and of course, on progress the pull you actually kill the boss) on the next is getting tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I just wish da was less random. Going from godlike on one pull to 'are you having a stroke?' pittyfulnes(and of course, on progress the pull you actually kill the boss) on the next is getting tiresome.
    Yeah I can definitely see what you mean. I actually kind of like the stressfulness when the DA is out. Something about guaranteed damage specs make it boring for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been a fan of Army of the Dead either. Would much rather see it gone and have Apocalypse stay instead.

I'm not sure why it's staying in the game. It's a "do more damage" button you press once. As far as strategy is concerned, the only I can think of is the off-chance that you forget to press it during to pull timer.

I'm not clever enough to think of an alternative, but if they keep Apocalypse I don't really see the point of AoTD.
    Exactly, it seems to be mostly a visual "look at me I'm a Unholy DK" effect :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Exactly, it seems to be mostly a visual "look at me I'm a Unholy DK" effect :P
    Look at me I'm an holy is plenty enough reason to me.

I am sad when army is on cd

I would like to see a talent tier for Unholy DKs that let you choose between:

Army of the Dead
    - Big CD
    - Functions as it does.

Apocalypse
    - Medium CD, Rotational
    - Lower CD, big damage and summons ghouls, the artifact ability

Reanimator
    - Passive
    - DK T15 2pc bonus - a random proc on attacks where it raised a Zandalari skeleton warrior. As a talent would be cool that it could summon a random race skeleton with a random weapon and armor or something. Maybe the skeleton raised is based on humanoids in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Army of the Dead
    - Big CD
    - Functions as it does.

Apocalypse
    - Medium CD, Rotational

Reanimator
    - Passive
    - DK T15 2pc bonus - a random proc on attacks where it raised a Zandalari skeleton warrior. As a talent would be cool that it could summon a random race skeleton with a random weapon and armor or something. Maybe the skeleton raised is based on humanoids in the area.
    That's actually a really great idea

One problem that I can see though, is if Army has a lot more damage or Sims for more damage that people will be obligated to take the boring Talent
    Last edited by franksredhot; 2018-02-15 at 11:21 PM.

Id rather not have to keep dealing with getting a specific amount of wounds to use Apoc. Just make AotD better.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Army of the Dead
    - Big CD
    - Functions as it does.

Apocalypse
    - Medium CD, Rotational

Reanimator
    - Passive
    Could be intresting.

What I would do is have it so Army has a lower cool down and some interaction or ways to use it more effectively.

So that way it would work out (in my head) you could have:
    The Easy Tier of Reanimator with no effort required but only a mild DPS upgrade as it's just all passive.
    Medium Tier Army which can be used by just hitting on cool down but with a bit of more effort could have better return,
    Hardest Tier Apocalypse which would require the most effort to use correctly, but also have the highest DPS potential.

Something like that which offers a little extra challenge for those who enjoy it and an easier mode for those who don't. Nothing huge but enough so the different tiers do distinguish themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea cause we need more pruning, dont dare take that out for some lousy % dmg increase

It is a tad overkill with apoc. Would be nice if it was the old tanking mechanic that use to be. Reduced damage while channeling and ghouls taunted like crazy.
    Could tailor it each spec; tanking abomination for blood. Frost wyrm for frost. Buff army for unholy or something.

It's fucking awesome. What other reason do they need to keep it around?

I'm okay with it being merged with or "replaced" by Apocalypse since they're basically the same thing, but I'd be pretty annoyed if they got rid of it entirely.

AoTD was freaking fun when they actually taunted. Sometimes it was your last ditch to save yourself when the tank died in a dungeon.

Now, I agree, its boring.

Sadly, removing it would near kill your chances of getting the rare artifact appearance, so don't want it going away.
    Last edited by Baroclinic; 2018-02-16 at 02:22 AM.

There is one simple solution: Some form of Apocalypse needs to be a talent that replaces AotD.

Preferably, I would like to see Apocalypse raise zombies instead of ghouls to better differentiate the two abilities. Plus ya know...ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    AoTD was freaking fun when they actually taunted. Sometimes it was your last ditch to save yourself when the tank died in a dungeon.

Now, I agree, its boring.

Sadly, removing it would near kill your chances of getting the rare artifact appearance, so don't want it going away.
    I forgot about taunt. That was indeed a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Thats literally every single dps cooldown in the game.
    Only other CD with a timer that long is Surrender to madness. Almost every other CD can be used several times per encounter (Raid).

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Only other CD with a timer that long is Surrender to madness. Almost every other CD can be used several times per encounter (Raid).
    I didn't know that. Isn't STM like the strongest DPS cooldown in the game too?

I didn't know that. Isn't STM like the strongest DPS cooldown in the game too?
    Think it was nerfed... but I guess its strong for the buff it gives during the duration.

It's fine to have flavor spells, and the concept definitely fits the class. The issue is that there is absolutely nothing you do with the spell that can set you apart or be better/worse depending on how it's used. It's totally without strategy.
    You're not wrong. But I think it's okay to have some abilities like that.