Poll: Player Level Squish, yes or no?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCorvus View Post
    This is so delusional i dont even know where to start

First of all no, leveling is not a waste of time
    The game IS an rpg, developing a character, his journey. LEVELING and gearing up not just the latter one.
    I play all games to enjoy them, mmos and single player games both have great and interesting stories.
    And no, not all of importance happens at max level thats just another lie on top of a mountain of them.

You should stop thinking only about yourself and what you want. You are asking to deface a work of art, a beautifully crafted, intricate illusion of a world of fantasy adventure because you are lazy and impatient. Disgusting. Who raised you?
    You are pretty messed up... it's a damn question if "I WOULD BE OK WITH IT".. and I answer it... but you, little mofo have to go in an piss on other people and their opinions.. get off your high horse! Level is shit imo, it's 100% waste of time imo, I love wow endgame and i HATE the stupid leveling... Live with it, it's called an opinion, mofo!

I support level squish since just one of every three levels (roughly) brings something rewarding (talent points or spells/abilities). What is the point of gaining level without actually gaining anything ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, if only because the mere number 120 seems so daunting. It's psychological. If it were up to me. old world is 1-60, outlan/northrend/cata is 60-70, mop/wod/legion is 70-80.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    The same people who like rp and want that part of wow NOT to die
    Uhh... what?
    Is there any correlation between numbers and RP?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Plenty of people care. Like a lot actually. Its not the first time this discussion has been had. Have you been living under a rock or something?
    It is always funny to me that people feel stronger doing 1,3M dps instead 1,3k while boss has 100M instead 100k. You know, 'M' is TOTALLY different than 'k' in that case.
    Now imagine how AWESOME would you be doing trillions and quadrillions of dps without previous squish!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    Sure but how would that work out for leveling? my ocd wishes they had stopped at 100 and just did paragon lvls or something past that but oh well.
    Before it actually happened, for some reason I just couldn't imagine them going over level 100 for some reason, it seemed like the logical max level cap to me, no idea why though lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And this is why it would actually be a negative. To keep current leveling pace it'd be something like the first 10 levels taking an hour a piece, the next ten taking 2, all the way up to having to have the last level take like 12+ hours. The numbers might look good at first, but when you've been 59 for days again it just turns people off.
    I remember playing EQ... HELL LEVELS were a thing. the experience required to level was outrageous. I can't imagine going to something like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    ...sound dumb.
    You entire post is full of contradictions. "I don't think players actually enjoy playing content over and over again." This one line here is why you can't just focus on end game content. Same dungeons over and over again... or raids... or battlegrounds. At least with levels I see new zones... make new alliances... help new people.
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2018-02-16 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I would not be OK with a level squish. Bigger numbers are better!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Don't care either way.

Not that I see any valid reason to do that though. Levels in WOW are in pretty low ranges anyway, with max being 120 with BFA

Actually, let me change that to NO, because I'd prefer not to get it. Wouldn't really feel too angry if it did end up happening though.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2018-02-16 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should do it, not this expansion but in the next. Then they could do a Level squish at the ratio of 2.1.

By this I mean, Level 120 would become Level 60 and we would have a lot more breathing room for growth again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    You've just made my last argument for me.

Some people, no matter the objective evidence, will simply dismiss it away with an airy wave because it's their "opinion"; and their opinion won't be shifted by something so trivial as objective, observable evidence or logical argumentation.

Sadly, this is where millennial education has taken us.

You can say it's just a number because that's what you believe, 'bro', but I've shown why it isn't. Doubling down simply makes you part of the problem, rather than part of the solution.
    Oh. The "I win" post that nets nothing. I think that it doesn't matter bro. Because it doesn't. If they squish it i will still play with my friends. They don't? I still play with my friends bro. That is pretty clear cut example of it doesn't matter to me. I don't understand why this is difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Oh. The "I win" post that nets nothing. I think that it doesn't matter bro. Because it doesn't. If they squish it i will still play with my friends. They don't? I still play with my friends bro. That is pretty clear cut example of it doesn't matter to me. I don't understand why this is difficult.
    I see you've changed from:

"It's just numbers".

To:

"It doesn't matter to me".

Nice try.

Player levels now means nothing to me so it wouldnt bother me either way

Might as damned well. I don't like it, but it's not like it matters. I didn't like any of the other squishes. I want to be doing billions of damage and have billions of health But that's not going to happen. Just fucking squish every damned thing, I don't care anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see why they'd do that.

I would like to see this.

It would have a few beneficial effects- it would make each level feel more significant, and would mean levels would more frequently grant abilities, talent points, or other perks, rather than most levels granting nothing but a flat stat increase and no interesting perks. It would also make approaching the game less daunting for potential new players. The boost goes a long way to address this, but I think hearing "yeah, this game as 120 levels" is far more off-putting than "this game has 60 levels before you can play max level content."

I fully expect them to do another Azeroth revamp in the future in order to "retire" past expansions and clean up all the timeline/time-traveling clunkiness that exists today (obviously past content could still be accessible via Caverns of Time or whatnot). Would be the perfect opportunity for a level squish back down to 60 or something and the new xpac being 65/70, etc. I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    I see you've changed from:

"It's just numbers".

To:

"It doesn't matter to me".

Nice try.
    I see you are trying hard. Its ok to be wrong. It's my opinion that the squish doesnt matter. Bad try at spin. Look forward to a qoute filled post that no one cares about and when i am done it just continues with me being right about it being my opinion. ������

I think the squish really doesn't matter to keep on subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I fail to see why they'd do that.
    Not a huge reason. I mean either way it goes has little impact. It's just a number from what i can tell.

If it make getting to max level faster, why not?

Psychologically it was far easier for me to level to 70 or 80 than it is to go to 110, even though I know it takes the same amount of time as before.

Having a level squish might be a good idea to bring new players into the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be okay with level squish, but not overboard.

In my opinion, all that is needed is make all expansions 5 levels each.
    So 60 for Classic, 65 TBC, 70 WotLK; 75 Cata, 80 MoP, 85 WoD, 90 Legion and 95 BfA.

Even better but much more complicated to implement would for expansions to not increase level cap at all, and just stop at 60, using a different metric to measure your progress and unlock stuff, like Hero Levels or something else.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?