Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Asking people on the streets whether they are citizens sounds pretty fascist to me. It's small steps like that. North Americans become ever more comfortable with law enforcement overreach. Sad.

Luckily we got open borders here.
    It ain't happening in Canada or Mexico. Not a NA phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    So you walk around with your passport while doing your daily business near the border?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be silly dude. If I'm going cycling I'm not carrying my id with me. Why would I?
    Seriously? What happens if you get hit by a car? Cops/Emergency services will need to know who you are to find out who to call. Going out without your ID is a ridiculously bad idea.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I wonder how many white people are being asked if they are citizens. *ponders*
    I was asked this question crossing both to and from Canada via Ambassador's Bridge in Detroit. I'm so white I glow in the dark.

I live in Texas within this 100 mile range and have some Italian blood in me (dark hair, eyes, move olive skin tone) and have never been asked one.

Clearly it's out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Huh, I had no idea you could step from Colorado straight into to Canada. I guess you learn something new every day from such well-educated sophisticates like yourself.
    I guess they are superman and can get there in a single bound!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Seriously? What happens if you get hit by a car? Cops/Emergency services will need to know who you are to find out who to call. Going out without your ID is a ridiculously bad idea.
    You get a free name change.... though you don't get to pick the names. They normally go with Joe or Jane for the first name and doe for the last name. All free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I guess they are superman and can get there in a single bound!

- - - Updated - - -

You get a free name change.... though you don't get to pick the names. They normally go with Joe or Jane for the first name and doe for the last name. All free of charge.
    Yeah... and it's hard to find Jon Doe's family so they can be informed...
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

The problem isn't that the law officer was asking a question. The problem was that the only reason that the black man felt he needed to answer the LAW OFFICER was so that there was not a racial issue. It seems that the black person was the one being racial. If a law officer asks you a question you answer. Period. It isn't your right to give them trouble in thier attempt to do what they are paid for.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is a waste of resources. surely no one would ever dare to sneak away from canada, being the shining beacon of holy light, overwhelming prosperity, and righteous tolerance tennis claims it to be
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, it seems to be a bit dumb to not have your ID in your pocket/wallet if you are going to be far from home for a couple of hours/days. As you say, specially if you get hit by a car while you cycling, is a terrible idea for the mundane thing it is.

I for one am happy knowing that our border control up north is doing their job. We don't need any more Canadians in this country, bringing all their Maple Syrup, Moose Tracks Ice Cream and Justin Trudeau snuggle pillows.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yeah, I cannot read it, I'm not a subscriber, and I don't whitelist adblocker on rightwing sites. Maybe next time. Just wondering, is this the same man who swore that the agent who recently died was the victim of a brutal attack by illegals. even though investigators stated otherwise?
    Make sure to use every option available to avoid responding to the information you asked him to provide.

Yeah, I cannot read it, I'm not a subscriber, and I don't whitelist adblocker on rightwing sites. Maybe next time. Just wondering, is this the same man who swore that the agent who recently died was the victim of a brutal attack by illegals. even though investigators stated otherwise?
    You don't need to be a subscriber to read it nor do you have to turn your adblocker off, I'm reading it just fine without being a subscriber or turning my adblock off.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithimas View Post
    Make sure to use every option available to avoid responding to the information you asked him to provide.
    I was not able to access it, as I stated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You don't need to be a subscriber to read it nor do you have to turn your adblocker off, I'm reading it just fine without being a subscriber or turning my adblock off.
    It requested that I be a subscriber, and I do not turn off my adblocker.

It requested that I be a subscriber, and I do not turn off my adblocker.
    So why didn't it do that for me?

I don't know, I can read it now. Maybe it only does that when the article is new.

And now I cannot read it again...

I don't know, I can read it now. Maybe it only does that when the article is new.
    It's from 2016, that's not new.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It's from 2016, that's not new.
    It comes up, waits about 4 seconds, then goes to an adblocker and subscription pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    El, a New Yorker born and raised, suspected he might not have to answer. But he also did not think it was worth taking the risk involved in being a Black man who refuses to co-operate with law enforcement.
    "Journalism" truly is a joke.