Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I was speaking for myself , and used data that speaks for itself. You can accept the data, or not. If the data is wrong feel free to correct it.
    Yourself. And black people.

And you presented data on how people FEEL about police. Not what they did.

That’s what I was talking about. I felt that way, and to back up that I’m not the only one, I mentioned other minorities that feel that way. Signifying I’m not the only one.
    There are also multiple people that feel the Shadow government is a real thing.

Great, I’m not sure what that has to do with race relations, and police abusing power.
    The fact the populace can feel anything. Like feeling cops are out to get blacks.

If I'm supposed to believe them, I should be long dead because a police officer pulled me over. Why aren't I if the populace feels that cops just want to murder blacks for....shits and giggles I guess?

Which goes a long way to dehumanizing police. Something I'd think you'd be against since you claim you don't want cops hurt.

They need to train police officers in the fine art of kneecapping

Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    [ √ ] Attacker wielded a weapon?
    [ √ ] Attacker presented as a threat to cops and others around?
    [ √ ] Someone in this thread immediately assumed the attacker was killed despite otherwise stated?

Regardless if someone is mentally disabled or not. Anyone who presents themselves as a dangerous threat to anyone around them puts themselves at risk as well. Nobody can calmly approach a person with a weapon, whether you're law enforcement or not. Shooting a person's chest or body is easier than their limbs or hands. You can't expect a cop to happily place his life at risk like a lamb to slaughter to fist fight someone's knife from their grip.
    You forgot they also presumed this occurred in the US.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You know there's this thing called google these days.
    Na. Waste of time to respond to you anymore. Best wishes.

Look up mind blindness. It’s what you are exhibiting with your anecdotal story.
    I guess my experiences don't matter unless I think and live like you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Na. Waste of time to respond to you anymore. Best wishes.
    See you round! Come back if you ever learn about logical fallacies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Wait.

Are people legit arguing the Police should lower their own chances of survivability for the sake of some crazy person with a knife?

What.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Sure, but in some countries, like mine, they tend to aim for the legs to incapacitate them rather than killing. Happens all the time here, and no policeman has been killed by being stabbed yet. So the excuse that it's not successful and dangerous to not aim for the chest is not entirely true.
    you can also kill someone if u shoot them in the leg and hit the femoral artery. Also, cops are trained to go for center mass because its the easiest target to hit and if someone is charging you with a knife you'd better stop them or end up dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    you can also kill someone if u shoot them in the leg and hit the femoral artery. Also, cops are trained to go for center mass because its the easiest target to hit and if someone is charging you with a knife you'd better stop them or end up dead.
    Freaking knowledge bomb right here, truly the greatest piece of repeated wisdom in this thread. Also, ours are trained to go for the legs as well, depending on the situation. But that fact clearly didn't come through yet apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Every military and gun training in the world teaches you to shoot center of mass ( torso ).
    Case in point.

Warning shots can kill people too tho.
    Not nearly as often as a shot to the torso.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2018-02-17 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Wait.

Are people legit arguing the Police should lower their own chances of survivability for the sake of some crazy person with a knife?

What.
    That is what some are advocating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is what some are advocating.
    They aim at the torso if their chances of survivability (or that of the people around them) are at great risk, but only in that case. How is this difficult to grasp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    This. The late BLM leader died from being shot in his thigh. They found him dead. He had bled out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    They aim at the torso if their chances of survivability are at great risk, but only in that case. How is this difficult to grasp?
    Not difficult. You expect your police to take higher risks. But, it is your country. You want your police to risks theirs lives more when they are being attacked, that is you guy's issues. But I certainly would not want that here in mine and I fully support the decision the police made in this topic of the thread. A person with a knife, if they are close enough, can stab you fatally fairly easily and quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Wait.

What.
    Becuse the Police shall "protect and to serve" it include crazy people to....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Actually, the Supreme Court ruled years ago, the police have no legal obligation to protect or save people. Their only legal obligation is to enforce the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Protect and serve is more of an ideal, than actual standard, I would even say impossible standard.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Deleted
    Taze me bro

Deleted
    Cops in the US are poorly trained. My stay in Finland thought me how amazing police officers can be. There E en was a terrorist here and they shot him in the leg instead of the chest and arrested him. Cops in the US need modern schooling and not the old outdated methods still used in the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    Protect and serve is more of an ideal, than actual standard, I would even say impossible standard.
    it all depend on what standard you have, it is obvious that US Cops have a lower threshold then they think deadly force is suitable, compare to their western European colleagues.