Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    They're constantly improving the group finder.

They just don't find this suggestion necessary. Nor do most people here, suggesting this problem isn't as 'rampant' as you suggest. So you should make an addon if it bothers you so much, not demand someone post on the forums for you.
    Define "constantly improving" it ? Like what... ? Looks untouched to me since its inception back in WoD... the only update they made since then was making people realm hop from 'anywhere' to just within the zone, and that was back during WoD as well.

As for the rest, still irrelevant -- it's their own tool being abused by bots. No addon is going to fix curbing that. And no, I wasn't "demanding" I was requesting.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-02-19 at 07:57 PM.

You could

You know

OH, IDK.

Kick them?

That sounds like an easy fix but I doubt it is. It really doesn't effect you so not sure why you are upset. This system works so well for 99 percent of the purpose it's there for. I'm not worried about adding convoluted fixes to problems that I never encounter.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    That sounds like an easy fix but I doubt it is. It really doesn't effect you so not sure why you are upset. This system works so well for 99 percent of the purpose it's there for. I'm not worried about adding convoluted fixes to problems that I never encounter.
    It was a big issue earlier in Legion, when in Suramar you literally couldn't make a WQ group without being spammed to death by bots joining and leaving, often getting your group delisted, farming Starlight Roses... and it was kinda necessary to group up for those WQs in the city.

Not so much now since we're in the last stretch of Legion and we're all overgeared for WQs, but the nuisance still persists.

My concern is WQs are carrying over to BfA and it'll get bad again, like the above example with Suramar.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-02-19 at 08:25 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I strongly believe it still causes server lag to this day, along with the auction house being nearly unusable on high pop realms.

Even just leveling some lowbie alt, I get more delays talking to npcs, looting then years ago, and it's not my connection or graphic lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Blizzard back in its day, sure... Blizzard of today, fuck no.
    You made me curious, would this be because you don't like their product or don't wish to be a community target dummy? Else, the benefits are rather good, and since you claim to have an easier clue on it, sign up. But for now, it is a minor issue compared to maybe other things.

For my own experience, I have yet to have bots in my groups. Maybe in the raid groups but doesn't affect me much. As for the rest, I solo it or talk with people in the zone to make a group, or guildies, or even real ID.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I strongly believe it still causes server lag to this day, along with the auction house being nearly unusable on high pop realms.

Even just leveling some lowbie alt, I get more delays talking to npcs, looting then years ago, and it's not my connection or graphic lag.
    Wait, you experience that too?

The fun thing is, when 7.3.5 hit and people were complaining about massive lag, it had actually fixed it for me. Then Blizzard fixed this 'massive lag' and my delays returned..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

The fun thing is, when 7.3.5 hit and people were complaining about massive lag, it had actually fixed it for me. Then Blizzard fixed this 'massive lag' and my delays returned..
    Draenor EU is really bad lately, certainly much worse then before 7.3.

Heard reports from Silvermoon EU as well.

I could play on any low pop realm, and the AH is super fast, this isn't addon related either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Draenor EU is really bad lately, certainly much worse then before 7.3.

Heard reports from Silvermoon EU as well.
    The wife and I experience it on Argent Dawn EU too, as well as Stormscale EU. And our connection ain't a bad one.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

I also have this issue, and it's not my connection because me and a friend of mine sits next to me and it can happen separately, so it can happen to me, while it doesn't happen to my friend and vice versa although we use the same connection.

I gotta say I haven't experienced any of these issues using the premade group tool.

I guess occasionally I get the AFK guy, or a few of them in invasion points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It's literally a 2 minute job to code up, taking the location fields and comparing, if flagged true to invite... :|
    Then submit your resume and see if they'll hire you to 'fix' it... Just because YOU think its broken Blizzard may not...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't know whether they'll fix it, if you're leading the group, then take action. Kick anyone not in the general area for that WQ/invasion (People lingering at the portals for a free kill) so that you tell these people their realm-hopping asses will not be tolerated. I do it, and so should you.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?