Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You don't need science to tell you the earliest humans had darker skin. Constant exposure to the elements tends to do that even to modern humans. It's just adaptation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    This is why I have such contempt for people who use skin color as a political tool. Specifically the NAACP and other groups of their vein. I'm sure there were "White" Africans at some point the same way there were "Black" Europeans. If we could just disband all of the self proclaimed civil right groups that for the most part exist to whip gullible masses into voting for their agendas, instead of thinking for themselves; the human race would be a far, far better place.

But that means giving up the concept that Blacks are Monkeys, and Whites are not evil Massa. So.. unlikely unless the human race collectively evolves and forces society to repudiate ALL forms of racism. If it's vile when done to a black, it should be vile if done to a white. Reparations for Slavery and Affirmative Action have no place in a just society.
    There is a common theory that these groups exist soly to spread division and unrest for political gain on the narrative and that if society actually moved on from this increasingly vapid topic there wouldent be any need for these groups and they would lose there jobs.

But that's just a theory like the charity's working to keep dictators and power and africa poor so they can keep collecting donations and skiing there pay packets of the top for admin fees ofc

But that's all wild speculation and those whistle blowers are just nazi's they some how hired.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    This is why I have such contempt for people who use skin color as a political tool. Specifically the NAACP and other groups of their vein. I'm sure there were "White" Africans at some point the same way there were "Black" Europeans. If we could just disband all of the self proclaimed civil right groups that for the most part exist to whip gullible masses into voting for their agendas, instead of thinking for themselves; the human race would be a far, far better place.

But that means giving up the concept that Blacks are Monkeys, and Whites are not evil Massa. So.. unlikely unless the human race collectively evolves and forces society to repudiate ALL forms of racism. If it's vile when done to a black, it should be vile if done to a white. Reparations for Slavery and Affirmative Action have no place in a just society.
    Not to be that guy, but I think its more than that. It has to do with anatomical differences of the skull and certain traits such as hair. Even if you gave white people dark skin, you would still differentiate them from blacks. In the same manner you can easily differentiate an african albino from a white person. There's just some things that cannot be changed and will always lead to confrontation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which isn't Homo Sapiens, and thus not relevant in any respect whatsoever to the Out of Africa theory.

Seriously, nobody has argued that hominids were exclusive to Africa until Homo Sapiens left. There are plenty of Hominid species that existed outside of Africa. Nobody disputes that, and pointing to them doesn't say a damned thing about the Out of Africa theory.
    I think they mean to challenge the early expansion which, annoyingly, is also called "Out of Africa" (though it has a roman numeral).

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Not to be that guy, but I think its more than that. It has to do with anatomical differences of the skull and certain traits such as hair. Even if you gave white people dark skin, you would still differentiate them from blacks. In the same manner you can easily differentiate an african albino from a white person. There's just some things that cannot be changed and will always lead to confrontation.
    Race is a social construct in that our understanding of social race is not representative of the true genetic diversity of humans. I'll leave at that because I don't want to go into a full race discussion.

It's quite hilarious how people get their panties in a twist over something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    wasnt it true all humans were black in our early evolution, it only just changed over time? That's what I remember anyway :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by HenryAte View Post
    What, you mean to try and tell me Im part slave, uh uh, you can fuck right off, im pure as the white snow.
    This is conspiracy theory to make the less fortunate feel like they matter.
    What is this I don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by HenryAte View Post
    What, you mean to try and tell me Im part slave, uh uh, you can fuck right off, im pure as the white snow.
    This is conspiracy theory to make the less fortunate feel like they matter.
    When you make a joke you have to let others know you're joking somehow (like with /s or something) otherwise people will take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    You ever wonder if the first white guy to have existed ever spent time thinking about just how much bullshit would result in the coming years from that little mutation. I guess he was probably more concerned with not being able to wipe his ass and what not.
    Nah, he was too busy basking in his white privilege. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Nah, he was too busy basking in his white privilege.
    And failing to season chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised this article isn't garnishing more outrage, it's pretty problematic to suggest white brits are evolved from black people.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2018-02-19 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I'm surprised this article isn't garnishing more outrage, it's pretty problematic to suggest white brits are evolved from of black people.
    Aha, I see what you did there.

Hard to believe British backpackers evolved from a population of hardworking agriculturalists.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ayrton2388 View Post
    Neanderthals are not ancestors of modern humans. Homo sapiens and neanderthals we're like cousins, they had a common ancestor, and for a while, they lived in parallel. Modern humans did not evolve from neanderthals.

If the population was low enough, then, probably yes. It order for mutations (lower / higher melanin levels) to perpetuate, you need pretty small populations. If you take Galapagos islands, for example, over there there are A LOT more species of animals than in other places. And that's because there are a lot of isolated islands, with very small populations.
    Neanderthals are ancestors of everyone living outside of Africa. People who aren't Africans have around 2-4% Neanderthal DNA. Africans have none. Asians have some but more Denisovan DNA than Neanderthal. We didn't evolve from them but they bred with Homo sapiens forced or otherwise.
    Last edited by slitheroutfromtherocks; 2018-02-19 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I don't get the reference. assuming there is one?

Quote Originally Posted by slitheroutfromtherocks View Post
    Neanderthals are ancestors of everyone living outside of Africa. People who aren't Africans have around 2-4% Neanderthal DNA. Africans have none. Asians have some but more Denisovan DNA than Neanderthal. We didn't evolve from them but they bred with Homo sapiens forced or otherwise.
    There is Neanderthal DNA in African populations as well: Horn Africans and Yoruba to name a few.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-02-19 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    What evidence? The one corpse?
    That's like saying "what evidence that T. Rex existed? A few bones?"

Yeah, that's how paleontology works.

In that case there is about as much evidence for any of the other theories not to mention the gaping holes in the out of Africa theory like how did early man even leave the African continent? Did they build ships and then forgot all about shipbuilding?
    What? They just walked around the Mediterranean. They didn't have to sail across the Atlantic or somesuch.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Not sure about chicken specifics, but they do season food
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBhIok2UAAE3wOO.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Not sure about chicken specifics, but they do season food
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBhIok2UAAE3wOO.jpg
    Every day we stray further from god's light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    What? They just walked around the Mediterranean. They didn't have to sail across the Atlantic or somesuch.
    Y'know, I forgot about this, but I just checked the dates; the Crete footprints he mentioned are dated to about 5.7 million years back.

When Crete was not an island.

It was a hill.

Because there was no Mediterranean Sea. It didn't flood until about 5.3 million years ago, the Zanclean Deluge.

Yet more shenanigans.