Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I only really know about northern KY(Cincitucky area) and should have specified that, rest of the state is handled by the southern regional crew.
    No Problem wasn't trying to be smart or anything just pointing that one out. Its the only one I know in Louisville that is still in a mall. The Green Tree mall one in Indiana also shutdown I do believe.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Not every company offers downloads. But my main point was shit happens TO BOTH digital and physical. Way to fucking cherry pick
    I didn't cherry pick anything. I simply responded to YOUR post where YOU were posting against digital media.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I didn't cherry pick anything. I simply responded to YOUR post where YOU were posting against digital media.
    I wasn't posting against digital media, if you didn't cherry pick sentences you'd pay attention to what I was saying was hypothetical. Saying a cd gets scratched and ruined is about as likely as your system corrupting. It's not a valid reason
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

1. It's an issue no matter what your salary is. I don't live in nor cal now by earning a low salary, just not possible kiddo. People don't acquire and keep wealth by repeatedly throwing money away.

2. Ya, so much faster that you're waiting until midnight for your game to unlock while 90% of people who order from Best Buy get the game the day before it comes out.

3. Saves space in your home? What do you live in a Japanese apartment? More convenient? Can't handle the exercise of getting up to change the game? Plus, I can carry more games then your external HD will have in a damn disc collection book of nearly the same size and take my library with me anywhere. 9 facepalms out of 10.

4. Sounds like a nice excuse for getting scammed.
    1. Ok, if you say so. I guess I don't know what I'm talking about when I own my own home, drive around in a new vehicle, can put food on the table and a roof over my head, take care of my family, contribute a sizable chunk of my income to my retirement, and still have plenty of money left over to buy all of my media digitally and spend plenty of money on other luxuries in life. I guess I'm just throwing money away though and don't know what I'm talking about. Like I said, buying physical copies cheaper (and with the potential for resale value) makes sense if you're poor or have a limited budget (like a kid still living with their parents). But for most adults with money, it's literally a nonissue.

2. I can have any game pre-loaded before launch and be ready to play at launch. Whooptie-freaking-doo that I can't play it 12-24 hours ahead of schedule because companies like Best Buy can't figure out how to properly ship a game so it arrives on launch day like it's supposed to. And it's still faster than all the people who still actually go to a store themselves on launch day to buy the game (which is more people than you'd probably like to admit).

3. As a homeowner, I value any space I can find to put things in. When I can save even a small area of the home that would otherwise be taken up by the physical copies of movies, TV shows, games, music, etc I'll take it. I live in a 3,300 sq. foot house, I have plenty of space. I would just rather use said space for something more worthwhile than a bunch of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays. Also, I highly doubt you could fit your entire physical games library in a space that is smaller than my 4TB external SSD that contains MY entire games library. 9 facepalms out of 10.

4. Sounds like someone is scared of their own shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't posting against digital media, if you didn't cherry pick sentences you'd pay attention to what I was saying was hypothetical. Saying a cd gets scratched and ruined is about as likely as your system corrupting. It's not a valid reason
    I cherry picked one sentence out of a two sentence post that was in direct opposition of someone who posted a reason against physical media.

But yeah, I cherry picked. Ok.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-02-20 at 04:47 AM.

Yes that's literally cherry picking because in my 2nd post I clarified my point and I even restated it again for you and you ignore that, so yea whatever helps you sleep at night

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To you it doesn't matter much, But you can only speak for yourself not others.

There is also resell value.
    True, but physical media (especially video games specifically) is going the way of the dodo bird. Better to embrace it sooner, rather than later.

And there is resale value yes. But for people with disposable income, this is a nonissue. And this is also something that more than likely will disappear along with physical media.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that's literally cherry picking because in my 2nd post I clarified my point and I even restated it again for you and you ignore that, so yea whatever helps you sleep at night
    You clarified it AFTER the fact. Nice back pedaling though.

But for most adults with money, it's literally a nonissue.
    Most adults spend $1000+ a year on phone upgrades, get sucked into a never ending car trade up because they can never afford to purchase one out right, get stuck paying ridiculous mortgage rates due to continuous borrowing, cash out their 401ks before they are worth shit, spend $15 at starbucks $20 at McDonalds a day, and will end up living in poverty barely getting by on a SS check once they turn 65.

So yea, I wouldn't say it's a good thing to be "most adults" who have the financial intelligence of a cat.

Just because you have money does not mean it should be easily thrown away, nor does it mean you will always have money. It just gets even more important for people less fortunate. There is a reason rich people have accountants incase you didn't realize... not to blindly spend money because they have it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-20 at 04:57 AM.

Most adults spend $1000+ a year on phone upgrades, get sucked into a never ending car trade up because they can never afford to purchase one out right, get stuck paying ridiculous mortgage rates due to continuous borrowing, cash out their 401ks before they are worth shit, spend $15 at starbucks $20 at McDonalds a day, and will end up living in poverty barely getting by on a SS check once they turn 65.

So yea, I wouldn't say it's a good thing to be "most adults" who have the financial intelligence of a cat.

Just because you have money does not mean it should be easily thrown away, nor does it mean you will always have money. It just gets even more important for people less fortunate. There is a reason rich people have accountants incase you didn't realize... not to blindly spend money because they have it.
    Meanwhile I’ll continue to enjoy living my life and spending money the way I do and still have a nice retirement waiting for me. Did you have something to add or was this pointless lecture in finances all you had to contribute?

[/COLOR]

You clarified it AFTER the fact. Nice back pedaling though.
    after the fact of what? this is my original quote

Data corrupts machine breaks

Hypotheticals are just that
    I then have to explain to you 3 times that I was talking HYPOTHETICALLY (google it), no where did I mention any sort of "bias" towards physical or digital. But you deliberately want to ignore any conversation after the fact since your mixing my posts up with your feud with tech and ignore what I said, meaning you cherry picked.

If you want to prove like "digital is the best" you need to give an actual example, claiming CDs get broken has as much context as your xbox being stolen. They are both hypothetical situations, what if the sky falls? What if I lose my leg tomorrow? These things don't count.

after the fact of what? this is my original quote

I then have to explain to you 3 times that I was talking HYPOTHETICALLY (google it), no where did I mention any sort of "bias" towards physical or digital. But you deliberately want to ignore any conversation after the fact since your mixing my posts up with your feud with tech and ignore what I said, meaning you cherry picked.

If you want to prove like "digital is the best" you need to give an actual example, claiming CDs get broken has as much context as your xbox being stolen. They are both hypothetical situations, what if the sky falls? What if I lose my leg tomorrow? These things don't count.
    Your original post that I specifically quoted stated a reason against digital media. I don’t really care if you were simply stating hypotheticals. I responded to the specific thing you said, end of story. Continuing to state stuff after the fact doesn’t mean much. You need to get over this and move on with your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off with the bickering.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Your original post that I specifically quoted stated a reason against digital media. I don’t really care if you were simply stating hypotheticals. I responded to the specific thing you said, end of story. Continuing to state stuff after the fact doesn’t mean much. You need to get over this and move on with your life.
    You need glasses because nowhere did I state or imply anything against digital media, this is where you need to pay attention to who you quote out of context because your mixing MY conversation with someone else who was not even you with your feud with tech. I clearly quoted someone who said "CDs get scratched, lost, damaged" which could be said about digital goods, which they could be stolen or corrupted, the entire post was based around hypothetical - you don't care if it was hypothetical? Well too bad because it was.

"end of story"

There was a very long time where I would've been happy about this. But, recently, I think GameStop is getting more interesting as a store. Game sales are down, so GameStop is now selling more video game merch like shirts and toys. It's a nice place to go when shopping for a gift or need to pick up a controller to replace a broken one. If you haven't been to a GameStop in a while, go check it out and you might be able to find some WoW merch.
    I'm sorry this sounds shill-y. I do think GameStop could be better. Let customers try out any game in stores, host events, maybe even transition into gaming cafes. GameStop's returns system is still fundamentally a scam designed to get parents and children who don't know better about resale value. But, the other stuff is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    "We see here your company has an estimated value of $1.6 billion. We'll give you a dollar, dollar twenty five store credit, for it."
    had me rolling bud. best comment yet.

Shame to see any business go under, but my experience with them has been mostly sour, so I can't say I'll miss them if they go under.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I don't taste very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Haha ya no shit, never forget when I went in there tryna trade a bunch of old games in and they were tryna give me a dollar each. Brick and mortar is useless with Steam and other online retailers. No clue what their niche even is at this point or how they are still functioning. Guess those Pokemon events are helping?
    The reverse of this is some people like to see what they are buying, some don't like going full digital, and some have just as meany if not more complaints with sites like Amazon. I myself still prefer to shop at stores like Barns and Noble, Gamestop, and Sears for some of the reasons listed above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever since the PS Store (finally) got decent prices and a lot of sales going in, of the ~30 games I own only 3 are physical and one of them came with the PS4.

We have a 2nd hand gameshop here in town, but their prices are often still above the PS4 Store discounted prices.
    And trading in a game will give you half or a 3rd of the 2nd hand price they'll put on it. In the past I rather sold my games on eBay than trading them at the shop.

Btw, what caused that huge 07/08 spike?

True, but physical media (especially video games specifically) is going the way of the dodo bird. Better to embrace it sooner, rather than later.

And there is resale value yes. But for people with disposable income, this is a nonissue. And this is also something that more than likely will disappear along with physical media.
    Look how long it has taken for CD's to go away (and they are still slightly around).

Games will take much longer just due to there download size alone. Not everyone has stellar internet to download 50GB+ games. Yes Physical Media will go away, It will take much longer before doing so.

If I am going to spend $60 on a game I will buy a copy that I actually own and not spend the same amount for a digital copy that I don't own.

Hell 4K tv's will be the norm and cost under $200 before Physical media goes away.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...tailer-worsens

Is it finally over for gamestop? Will they be closing all their stores by the end of 2019?
    I honestly thought they were shutting down..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I honestly thought they were shutting down..
    They aren't going anywhere anytime soon. However this graph does show whatever game stop is doing it's not working. Sadly though they probably blame it on their employees not pushing toys and memberships enough. I've worked for a corporate grocery store and at the end of the week when they reviewed sales they look at only the sales, nothing purchased or thrown away, to stroke their egos and if sales were down they blamed employees for random crap like not stocking the shelves fast enough