Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Smile Sally Field Is Trying To Set Her Son Up With Adam Rippon

SOURCE

If you have been watching the Men’s Figure Skating during the Winter Olympics, then you probably have a crush on this year’s breakout star, Adam Rippon.
    Tim Bradbury/Getty Images

Even Oscar-winner/Hollywood legend Sally Field has fallen for him, and now she is trying to play matchmaker, by setting up her youngest son, Sam Greisman, with the out figure skater.

“Just some really helpful advice from my mom on how to deal with my Olympic crush,” Greisman tweeted this past weekend, with a screenshot of a text conversation between him and his mother about Rippon.

“Sam… He’s insanely pretty. Find a way,” wrote Field.

Then the Steel Magnolias star took matters into her own hands. Field retweeted Greisman’s tweet of their conversation, tagging the fierce figure skater.

Greisman replied to his mother’s tweet with a simple: “Yikes.”

Anyone who has ever seen an episode of Brothers & Sisters knows that Field is a pro at playing an overbearing parent.

Field has been a long supporter of LGBT rights, and in 2012 she made headlines when she accepted the Human Rights Campaign’s Ally For Equality Award and spoke about Greisman coming to terms with his sexuality. In 2014 she re-wrote her speech as a letter calling for support for HRC’s efforts to stop legislation aimed at discriminating against LGBT Americans.

“The three things I’m most proud of in my life are my sons,” the actress wrote. “They are kind, loving and productive people. Each with their own list of talents and accomplishments. Sam is my youngest son, by 18 years, and he’s gay. To that, I say: So what?”

“One of the great privileges of my life to have been allowed to be a part of Sam’s journey,” she added.

Here’s hoping Greisman and Rippon can meet up once the Olympics are over.
    Its nice that Sally Field is a supportive mother but good god I'd be embarrassed as fuck if my mom (god rest her soul) did something like this to try and set me up with a guy if I were single.

Has any of your moms (or other family members) done anything similar to help set you up with someone?
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2018-02-20 at 07:54 PM. Reason: added the question

The breakout star is a 28 year old who got bronze?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

He probably doesn't find it all that embarrassing if he's tweeting about it. Sounds like he's amused more than anything.

Alan Rippon said he "came out". I think everyone knew before hand.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

If my mother tried to hook me up with an attractive Olympian athlete, I may get embarrassed. However, if it ended up working out, I'd be damn happy.

I think we all have a list of the Olympic athletes we've seen that we wouldn't mind hooking up with.

Well, she's already shown she's willing to bang a principal in order to get her other son, Forrest into school, so imagine how far she'd go to get this son a date.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If my mom could accept that I was gay and be happy about me, I'd be happy.
    I'm your mom and I accept that you are gay and am happy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Bronze is still a medal but yea the real reason is because he is gay and said he would not talk to or meet Pence.

So ye

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Well, the US is getting its ass kicked this year. Maybe bronze is all they could find.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Bronze is still a medal but yea the real reason is because he is gay and said he would not talk to or meet Pence.

So ye
    Him and Gus Kenworthy are the heroes of these games. They have given that asshole Pence the cold shoulder the entire time and pointed out they hypocrisy in him "supporting" the out athletes and wanting to meet them.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Him and Gus Kenworthy are the heroes of these games. They have given that asshole Pence the cold shoulder the entire time and pointed out they hypocrisy in him "supporting" the out athletes and wanting to meet them.
    I love how political agenda makes someone a hero now a days. Gotta love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing like mom being on your team to find love. Lol!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Him and Gus Kenworthy are the heroes of these games.
    Yeah, no. They're nobodies who'll be forgotten in a week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    I love how political agenda makes someone a hero now a days. Gotta love it.
    They are standing up against a man who supports conversion therapy for gays (source). His campaign for Congress in 2000 showed he wanted to defund support of the Ryan White Care Act and any other organization that "supports the gay lifestyle". (source). These men are using their platform to show they do not support this man or what he believes in or stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh honey, thanks but it doesn't work that way.

And it's important that people understand that just because there are gay rights and people can be public about this in our days, it doesn't mean that homosexuals are not discriminated against. It doesn't change the fact that homosexual youth is far more likely to be left homeless. And that we still advice young kids not to come out until they have a solid financial plan on what to do if things go south.
    Man people really love playing the victim now-a-days.

Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    Man people really love playing the victim now-a-days.
    You're just not "woke" enough to understand Nymrohd's struggles. Fascist scum!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopid Aik View Post
    You're just not "woke" enough to understand Nymrohd's struggles. Fascist scum!
    As a gay man, I've never experienced any discrimination personally, or if I did it wasn't even relevant enough for me to notice. I guess it's because most people don't know I'm gay unless I tell them? Am I supposed to have a tattoo on my forehead about it or something? I have been called a "fucking white male" once when some girl at college asked me to donate to their "Cancer Awareness" cause and I told her that they'd be better off donating towards cancer research than awareness. I've also been called a "fake fag" because apparently you have to have sex with random strangers all the time to be a "real" gay person.

They are standing up against a man who supports conversion therapy for gays (source). His campaign for Congress in 2000 showed he wanted to defund support of the Ryan White Care Act and any other organization that "supports the gay lifestyle". (source). These men are using their platform to show they do not support this man or what he believes in or stands for.
    Have you ever stopped to think that politics don't have to be imbred into everything? The olympics are supposed to be the purest form of sport we have. Keep your shitty fucking politics out of it. I dont care about 00s or 11s. I don't want to hear anyone at all talk about political agendas when I am watching athletes compete. There is plenty of time to do that the other 4 years you aren't at the Olympic games.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post

So ye
    Alright so he has a global platform to push a political agenda, might make him a star among the homosexuals but for us straight non americans it comes off a bit bizarre to call a 28 year old bronze medalist a "breakout star". The olympics are about what the athletes can do with their sport, not what political message they can send with the global platform in the spotlight.

Evgenia Medvedeva is who you call a star in figure skating.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's definitely cute. Go mom!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..