10+ Year Old Account

Question Race Change Question??

I know that Blizzard offers a Race Change as one the options from the Blizzard Store to improve game experience, and I had a question about this change....
    If I have a level 104 Mage, who is Undead, can I change her to a Draenei, and still get the racial Gift of the Naaru?? I only ask because it seems that Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom (yeah right), have decided to do away with any self-heals for mages, and I was hoping to offset this ignorance by getting a race that has a self-heal built in.
    Honestly, I do not get why Blizzard has decided to keep taking things away from the players, who pay their salaries, but almost EVERY OTHER CLASS has self-heals available, and mages are basically glass cannons, who have pathetic survivability. So, what was the point, I have to wonder??
    So, if you do a race change, do you also get the racials??
    Thanks in advance!!

Yes, you lose the Forsaken racials and get the Draenei racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. If you race change, you get the new races racial abilities, but you lose your old race. Also you'll be on a different faction if you want to be Draenei.

15+ Year Old Account
    As the above posters have said, you will get the Draenei racials if you switch to Draenei. However you'll need to do a Faction Change and not a Race Change (just in case you were unaware of the difference in the services).

Deleted
    Short answer: yes

When you race change you change everything - including racial abilities. Your mage would be a perfect Draenei mage as if it was created at lvl 1.

You might want to wait though until all allied race racials are known. Zandalar trolls (assuming they get to be mages) for example get: Regeneratin, Ward of the Loa and Embrace the Loa - though we do not know yet what they will do. Speculating on the names and what they might do, either of these 3 could add survivability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlloyd1 View Post
    mages are basically glass cannons, who have pathetic survivability
    That is the best way to describe mages in most games. They have been designed that way for decades, not just by Blizzard.

A race change won't work cross-faction, so don't buy that or you'll be sorely disappointed. You want a faction change if you're going from Undead to Draenei.

If you think that a 20% heal on a 3 minute CD will make a difference you're pretty delusional. Maybe you should play affliction warlock when you want self healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks ALL....
    I didn't think that Draenei were Alliance, but that is what I was looking for, and I will look into the Faction Change before doing the Race Change!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    If you think that a 20% heal on a 3 minute CD will make a difference you're pretty delusional. Maybe you should play affliction warlock when you want self healing.
    I already have a Lock as my main, but I also have an alt that is an Arcane Mage, which I would also like to level up....
    Yes, the racial self-heal is light, but it is better than nothing, which is what Mages have been left with now that they chose to nerf Evocation almost completely out of the game, and it is near impossible to eat Mana Buns while fighting. She does have close to maxxed out Alch, but potions, like most anything useful in WOW, have a CD too, so that is basically useless for survivability!!

Thanks ALL....
    I didn't think that Draenei were Alliance, but that is what I was looking for, and I will look into the Faction Change before doing the Race Change!!

- - - Updated - - -

I already have a Lock as my main, but I also have an alt that is an Arcane Mage, which I would also like to level up....
    Yes, the racial self-heal is light, but it is better than nothing, which is what Mages have been left with now that they chose to nerf Evocation almost completely out of the game, and it is near impossible to eat Mana Buns while fighting. She does have close to maxxed out Alch, but potions, like most anything useful in WOW, have a CD too, so that is basically useless for survivability!!
    Blizzard loves suckers...I mean players like you when they make changes that might improve there quarterly reports.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that Blizzard offers a Race Change as one the options from the Blizzard Store to improve game experience, and I had a question about this change....
    If I have a level 104 Mage, who is Undead, can I change her to a Draenei, and still get the racial Gift of the Naaru?? I only ask because it seems that Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom (yeah right), have decided to do away with any self-heals for mages, and I was hoping to offset this ignorance by getting a race that has a self-heal built in.
    Honestly, I do not get why Blizzard has decided to keep taking things away from the players, who pay their salaries, but almost EVERY OTHER CLASS has self-heals available, and mages are basically glass cannons, who have pathetic survivability. So, what was the point, I have to wonder??
    So, if you do a race change, do you also get the racials??
    Thanks in advance!!
    When you race change, you switch out your current race model and abilities, then you are selecting the new race of choice and you'll take on their model and abilities.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Blizzard loves suckers...I mean players like you when they make changes that might improve there quarterly reports.
    I'm sorry, but this is confusing, why would doing a faction swap make me a sucker, or do anything for their quarterlies exactly??

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but this is confusing, why would doing a faction swap make me a sucker, or do anything for their quarterlies exactly??
    Because faction change or race change are paid services. So you're giving Blizzard additional money for a very small benefit. Yes, the Draenei self heal is a VERY small benefit, and not worh it IMO. As a mage, be happy to use your arcane/frost/fire shield and use potions, you don't really need much more tbh. I'm currently leveling a Void Elf Mage and just refreshing the shield between packs of mobs + eating every once in a while keeps me topped off. Also, while leveling you can use the heirloom necklace that has a self-heal on a 2 min cd.

mages are basically glass cannons
    Mages have always been and will always be glass cannons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Don’t fire mages heal when they blink? Just be a fire mage and use the shimmer talent.

10+ Year Old Account

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Don’t fire mages heal when they blink? Just be a fire mage and use the shimmer talent.
    I do not want o use a Fire Mage, I want to use the Arcane Mage that I have gotten used to, and have my artifact staff for....
    Plus, if I am not wrong, Blizzard said they were completely unhappy with Mage self-heals, and were going to completely remove them from the class, so I doubt that the Fire Mage still has that benefit to Shimmer anymore. I mean, my Arcane Mage can learn Shimmer, but i did not truly care about Blink too much honestly. Still, I did try it, and do not recall it doing any healing, just increasing the distance you could Blink, if I am remembering right!!

PS. In any case, I may just scrap the whole idea, and try to figure out a more realistic way to keep her alive in Legion content / Raids....

My younger Brother Rich, has a Holy Priest, named RoadRash, that can run with me, and provide DOPE HEALZ, at least for now, and hopefully until I can hit 110!!
    Last edited by zlloyd1; 2018-02-22 at 12:04 AM.

Refresh your shields, eat your conjured food between challenging packs etc, not every class should have access to self heal. You have better utility in other ways.

You'll also be more than fine in Legion raid content. Your shield, blink and ice block are more useful for survival than a meager self heal.

Also a friendly advice, the 7.3 Legion and WoD content is almost entirely built on Draenei lore. I don't know how you managed to not know that they are in the Alliance especially if you have a 110 already, but that indicates you are completely in the dark about the game's story and setting. That will take the enjoyment out of things, so I would suggest checking wowpedia every now and then.

By the way, you can easily get the artifacts for other specs, your progress to your artifact so far at 104 is practically nothing. You will find that Arcane doesn't perform very well in raid environments if you are aiming for anything above normal.
    Last edited by madokbro; 2018-02-22 at 01:06 AM.