Paramount's Sonic movie set for Nov. 19, 2019 release

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...e-date-1086760

Sonic the Hedgehog will be racing into theaters next year.

The Paramount film, based on the popular SEGA videogame character, will open Nov. 15, 2019.

Neal H. Moritz is producing the project, with Deadpool director Tim Miller executive producing. Also executive producing is Toby Ascher, while Dmitri Johnson and Dan Jevons will serve as co-producers.

Sonic will be directed by Jeff Fowler, who is making his directorial debut with the project. Paramount is planning a mix of live action and CGI to bring the character to life.

SEGA first introduced Sonic in 1991, with the character being seen as the company's answer to rival Nintendo's leading man Mario. Sonic, along with friends Tails and Knuckles, likes to spend his time running around, collecting rings — while also thwarting the evil plans of villain Doctor Eggman Robotnik. The videogame series has sold more than 360 million copies on various platforms over the years.

Fowler is known for directing the 2005 Oscar-nominated short Gopher Broke, which Miller exec produced.

So far, Sonic shares Nov. 15, 2019 with Warner Bros.' Margie Claus, a musical comedy starring Melissa McCarthy as Santa Claus' wife.

I..did not even know this was a thing.

I feel like this is the time to quote "You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you, since I know everything you're going to do! Strange, isn't it?!"

"Paramount is planning a mix of live action and CGI to bring the character to life."

Uh oh.

Why do they always insist on live action for these things? It never works out..
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

My reaction.

So it'll arrive on 9/19/19? That is such a pretty date, maybe the movie will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    So it'll arrive on 9/19/19? That is such a pretty date, maybe the movie will be good.
    You're off. It will be 11/19/19 (or 19/11/19 for those who use that date framing).

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Why do they always insist on live action for these things? It never works out..
    Leak of the Sonic costume:

10+ Year Old Account
    they should try making a good sonic game before doing a movie imo

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Leak of the Sonic costume:
    Wouldn't even be surprised after the new Ninja Turtles look.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

A movie based on a video game. I'm sure this will do well /s
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    You're off. It will be 11/19/19 (or 19/11/19 for those who use that date framing).
    Woops. I'm sure September 19, 2019 will have something nice but I guess it won't be Sonic.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only question is: Why?

Mixing live action and CG eh.

Sonic 06 the movie?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the "Popular" video game character. Holy shit. That is some next level being out of touch with reality right there. I was surprised to learn that this was not being directed by Uwe Boll.

RIP Jeff Fowler's career.

10+ Year Old Account
    WIll sonic fall inlove with another underaged human girl? Find out next time!