Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Death for sure. The punishment should fit the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    What does it solve really. Doesn't erase the fact that he killed that many people.

Not advocating torture, but death just seems like a really easy way out for somebody who caused so much suffering.
    How is it the easy way out? You are literally killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    No make him live in prison. I'm sure being a mass shooter of children goes over well in jail. That is real punishment. He isn't ever getting out of jail anyways so all killing him does is shorten his sentence.

Depends because if they send him to a psychiatric institution he will get molly coddled and dosed up to the eyeballs on meds but if he gets sent to a penitentiary like the Colorado movie theater shooter did who was hoping to be sent to a loony bin so he could get that then his ass is gonna get reamed!

Iam English but live in Arizona so iam old school when it comes to the actual execution so bring back the noose!

Though I just had my beloved dog put to sleep and i watched it happen where they sedated him first and then gave him the euthanasia medicine and he literally died in seconds after that. Though i do wonder why they dont use that stuff on the condemned.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-02-21 at 05:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever they decide to do, I think it is time to start making examples of these people as not to embolden and actually discourage those who see the nonstop media coverage as glorification of it.

half the reason that people do this shit is because they know how much it will piss people off. that's how they want to be remembered and we just hand it to them on a silver fucking platter. might as well have taken him to mcdonalds, bought him a milkshake and given him a handjob ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. He has to carry the weight of that crime. Killing him ends the punishment. No one bears it. So much life lost it can never be made up for by his death. At the very least he has to be subjected to life, to see the result and people left behind by his actions. Whether he feels remorse or not.

Death is a mercy to him at this point, and I would not care to grant it.

The answer to this question isn't easy. It depends on how one views death. An escape? The worst fate imaginable? Just... an end. There's no right answer since no one person feels the same about it besides fear of the unknown.

I'm sure some of the families of the victims would want the death penalty. But if it were me. I'd want him to live, I'd want to make him understand the entire weight of what he has done. Hammer it home until he breaks, only then would I even consider death as something of an option. Because he'd beg for it at that point.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a question for those affected and those who try him. I think life in prison or execution are both acceptable outcomes.

A life in prison isn't necessarily more humane than sentencing one to death, in fact ones view of either tends to self-serving without the criminal in mind. Some people are anti-capital punishment because in their mind its easier to think of the prisoner as just fading away than it is to think about them being put to death. On the other hand some people are in favor in capital punishment because or deep dark vindictive trait they have within them. If you're all about that suffering, AdSeg without psychotropics would do it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Hmf..death gets him off the same level of existence with me.
    I'm okay with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is death penalty worth it thought? The guy who got executed for the Boston bombing I understand, but here is a 19 y/o kid who is mentally handicapped. I know he gunned down 17 people, but executing him won't bring back the lives he'd taken and besides I bet someone will callout the law for killing a retarded kid when he could be "save".
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

I have a much better idea. Send him to the White Swan, a Russian correctional facility reserved for mass murderers only, same as Black Dolphin, but in a colder zone. But believe me, this thing is much worse than a direct execution. Fun facts about it - average inmate life expectancy there is just over 4 years. It is located in a zone where temperatures frequently drop below -40 in the winter, and it is 7 hours drive to a nearest settlement. You see, Russians found a clever way to bypass death penalty for people like that. They do not kill them, but make their life such hell, practically no one survives for the average execution waiting period of the US (about 15 years on average if I remember correctly). I do not know what it is about Russians naming most horrible prisons with fancy names, but if you are a criminal to be sent to one of them, your best bet is to try and escape during transfer, in the hopes that they shoot you dead.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2018-02-21 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    I have a much better idea. Send him to the White Swan, a Russian correctional facility reserved for mass murderers. But believe me, this thing is much worse than a direct execution. Fun facts about it - average inmate life expectancy there is just over 4 years. It is located in a zone where temperatures frequently drop below -40 in the winter, and it is 7 hours drive to a nearest settlement. You see, Russians found a clever way to bypass death penalty for people like that. They do not kill them, but make their life such hell, practically no one survives for the average execution waiting period of the US (about 15 years on average if I remember correctly)
    I find myself intrigued...

Absolutely. I've no problem at all with the death penalty in the correct cases.

Death is too good a punishment though. Lifetime of solitary confinement is punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I find myself intrigued...
    Me too!

/ten chars

Honestly, I don't care. While I am against the death penalty, I don't feel a shred of pity for him. And it won't change anything no matter what happens to him. Either way he is out of society basically forever. Policy reform is infinitely more important than this asshole's fate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    No, it isn't. Just because he is in a cell by himself doesn't somehow negate the costs involved with keeping him fed and watered, making sure he has consistent medical care -- the days of the Good ol' boy lockup in a crate went out of style nearly a hundred years ago.

As for "studying what made him that way" -- no need. Bullying and a lack of a good mental healthcare professional in schools to monitor the kids and make sure they are doing well and coping with the nightmare that is public schools in America are what are to blame.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. There are plenty of sources that provide the numbers and it is undoubtedly more costly to put someone to death due to the process involved with the courts. Yeah, if there weren't multiple trials involved and they just took him out back and shot him, it would be cheaper. But that isn't going to happen.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    As a rule i think killing off people who you can prove beyond doubt have commited serious crimes twice in their life should just be killed its kind of like the killing Islam belivers thing.
    The best way to deal with Islam believers and those who don't believe in god is the same to keep them alive through having small parts of their skin pealed off each day so they suffer constantly but never allow them release, if America had a system like this where caught terrorists would live in that kind of situation for the rest of their years they would run scared.
    How did this post get glossed over? We had a psychopath on par with the shooter among us the whole time! Am I actually reading this right? Muslims and "those who don't believe in god" need to be violently tortured every day? This is like, incarceration levels of insanity, and I'm not even a fan of islam as a system. I feel like I'm being rused.

A documentary footage about White Swan by BBC.

Several more "fun facts"
    Each morning guards read aloud offences committed to each one of the inmates. There is a list of offences for each inmate on cell doors. Inmates are basically reminded and forced to remember their crimes each day of the rest of their lives. Average number of dead victims per inmate is 3.5 people, 260 inmates total. Serial murderers have a much tougher regime than others. Most of them are held 23/24 in a solitary about 5 square meters in area and are not allowed to lie down on their bed during day time.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2018-02-21 at 06:28 AM.

Let him rot the rest of his life. Make sure, he is miserable.

I don't agree with the death penalty on principle. That being said, I don't think they should take his plea deal. His victims didn't get a choice, he shouldn't either.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.