Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You don't see how that's a ROLE playing game?

A game in which you're immersed into a character's daily life?
    The name isn't exactly literal. I know plenty of people who don't call The Sims RPGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Hunting is a very good way to improve Archery. Just make sure not to carry the meat lest you get into shit if you're frisked and without permission.
    Cook it and make a fortune =)

One deer's worth of cooked venison netted me 1k.

Im kinda disappointed game crashes in conversations with options all the time and only at those times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So, I'm getting close to the end of the game now. Anyone know if you can play after the main story is over? I kind of want to do some casual RPing once I'm done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So, I'm getting close to the end of the game now. Anyone know if you can play after the main story is over? I kind of want to do some casual RPing once I'm done with it.
    Ditto, if there is a Point of no Return I would like to know where

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    The name isn't exactly literal. I know plenty of people who don't call The Sims RPGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Do they know it's poached if it's cooked? A lot of these little rules confused me. I've also been pretty much putting all of my skills into speech and charisma because it seems like those are hard to level up. practice enough and str will just go up naturally

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Do they know it's poached if it's cooked? A lot of these little rules confused me. I've also been pretty much putting all of my skills into speech and charisma because it seems like those are hard to level up. practice enough and str will just go up naturally
    Nah, cooking it creates a new item from the stolen ones. Like how in Skyrim you can steal a whole alchemy shop's worth of ingredients and brew up a few potions and sell them back to the same alchemy shop.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't call the sims an RPG because it isn't one. It's a simulations the type of game it is is right in the name. But in this one you take on the Role of Henry and you play as him.

The game has been remarkably stable on PS4. not sure if the crashing is on PC or what. Been a good experience aside from some camera issues and pathing problems with stairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has been remarkably stable on PS4. not sure if the crashing is on PC or what. Been a good experience aside from some camera issues and pathing problems with stairs.
    Never crashed on PC either, but the bugs are plentiful. For example, right now I got locked out of my room in Rattay for some reason

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing on PS4. Not sure why lol so no mods for me. Besides I don't want the reticle. I've gotten pretty decent with the bow. I was getting bulls-eyes perfectly fine. It's just I want to level up the skill. I guess I just need to shoot bandits. But I'm playing a knight, not an archer. But it'd like to have archery for certain situations. Maybe if I do another play-through where I whore and pillage my way across the land I'll be a master archer and thief.
    Does the PS4s 'Rest' feature work for the game? You know where you can turn off the PS4 and boot to exactly where you left off at? That would be one advatange over the PC because it makes saving easier (theres a mod for the PC but Im talking no mods).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Does the PS4s 'Rest' feature work for the game? You know where you can turn off the PS4 and boot to exactly where you left off at? That would be one advatange over the PC because it makes saving easier (theres a mod for the PC but Im talking no mods).
    It works for any game.

The loading times with sleeping, waiting or fast travel are really, really bad on PS4 though. It would be hard for me to play on it after seeing the DF video of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It works for any game.

The loading times with sleeping, waiting or fast travel are really, really bad on PS4 though. It would be hard for me to play on it after seeing the DF video of those.
    How about the long black screens when you talk to characters? Those are sometimes unbearable on PC, I can't imagine console being any better.

How about the long black screens when you talk to characters? Those are sometimes unbearable on PC, I can't imagine console being any better.
    If those are problem I'll recommend this config:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcom...ab=description

Fiddle with it a bit. You can modify how much and how long you want the data to be stored before being purged so while you might still get the initial longer loading times the first time you talk, the subsequent times it'll happen far, far faster. It also helps with overall texture popin issues.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Game looks like it can be fun, but I am always getting 20-30 fps.

Playing on 4k, which may solely be the issue, as it appears to have bad optimisation from posts online.
    GTX 1080, latest drivers.
    i7 3930.
    16GB RAM.

GPU usage is also at 100% load a lot of the time, which I don't like.

This is all with a mix of settings on low and medium.

I don't have issues playing other games near max, so i guess I'll just have to wait for patches to optimise the game. I respect it's an indie developer, so won't bitch and complain.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-02-20 at 12:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of confused about the stat system.. Sometimes my melee dmg is blue and the numbers are high, then the next minute they're red and they're low - What's that about?
    Same with my strength/agility etc, they're red, and lower than they should be; even though everything is repaired, I'm well rested and well fed.. Anyone?
    I like juice

Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    I'm kind of confused about the stat system.. Sometimes my melee dmg is blue and the numbers are high, then the next minute they're red and they're low - What's that about?
    Same with my strength/agility etc, they're red, and lower than they should be; even though everything is repaired, I'm well rested and well fed.. Anyone?
    Various perks also affect them, as well as certain levels of dirtiness, possibly location. And by well fed do you mean over-fed because that definately bites :P
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Game looks like it can be fun, but I am always getting 20-30 fps.

Playing on 4k, which may solely be the issue, as it appears to have bad optimisation from posts online.
    GTX 1080, latest drivers.
    i7 3930.
    16GB RAM.

GPU usage is also at 100% load a lot of the time, which I don't like.

This is all with a mix of settings on low and medium.

I don't have issues playing other games near max, so i guess I'll just have to wait for patches to optimise the game. I respect it's an indie developer, so won't bitch and complain.
    They said they currently have issues running on 1080 specifically, working on resolving that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    They said they currently have issues running on 1080 specifically, working on resolving that.
    I just decided to play 1080p and that fixes all issues. 60fps and roughly 50% usage on GPU, can put all settings on ultra.

So it's definitely a 4k problem, it's just not optimised at all.

Only problem is I have to play full screen mode, so I can't do my usual mass alt tabbing.

I got stuck in a chat with 2 options that went nowhere. Was a loop so I had to close app and restart but decided I was too pissed at ANOTHER bug and just turned off PS4. I guess I get to bang Theresa again lol, which honestly was a disappointing end, I thought there would be more there relationship wise as they seemed interested in each other, went through hell together and lost their loved ones so they only have each other, saved one another...but they go on a couple dates bang and that's the end of it.

recently started this game, game is quite challenging, and enjoyable so far!

has its fair share of bugs though which is unfortunate