Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy I think im becoming soft.. :O

I used to just listen to the hard kind of music (I would call it pretty hard actually, there are more hardcore types of music i know) like Slipknot and Korn and stuff like that. But now I am actually learning songs from Ed Sheeran on the guitar! LIKE WHO HAD EVER THOUGHT I WOULD ENJOY PLAYING SONGS LIKE THESE! Went from drop B songs to capo on the 5th fret (Standard Tuning).

Also I feel like i care more about what others think about me and I like people more and more or less and less.. WTF IS HAPPENING TO ME!

Before anyone starts about age, Im 18 y/o and i am still growing up i know.. BUT I DONT FCKING LIKE THIS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW

7+ Year Old Account
    you are getting old

Deleted
    Well, aren't you just adorable? I just wanna pinch you in both cheeks

15+ Year Old Account
    Rofl Korn is older than you.
    You can't say that you listen to "hard music", you're just going through teenage anger years and I bet in 5 years your music taste will be different.

I have been listening to Korn since late 90's and refuse to go to any other concert but Korn. Unless I don't have to pay for it.
    However I listen to mostly new metal and old disco/pop (ooold, 80's or early 90's). Funny thing is I can't really stand old metal or new pop music.

But seriously Ed Sheeran is music for chicks. It's like listening to Justin Bieber.

You're just not with it anymore:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    You can't say that you listen to "hard music", you're just going through teenage anger years and I bet in 5 years your music taste will be different.

I have been listening to Korn since late 90's and refuse to go to any other concert but Korn. Unless I don't have to pay for it.
    However I listen to mostly new metal and old disco/pop (ooold, 80's or early 90's). Funny thing is I can't really stand old metal or new pop music.

But seriously Ed Sheeran is music for chicks. It's like listening to Justin Bieber.
    I cant agree with you on this, i've been listening to 'hard' music since i was 5.. My father was into little less hard music so i upped the any. And i know both Korn and Slipknot are older than me, but does that mean i may not listen to it though? Like most music listen to is older than me.

I will never abandon the 'hard' stuff ever, but i listen to some soft shit too now a days. Which i never expected and called gay like 6 years ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry so much about labels and just enjoy what you enjoy. Who cares?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Bairend View Post
    I used to just listen to the hard kind of music (I would call it pretty hard actually, there are more hardcore types of music i know) like Slipknot and Korn and stuff like that. But now I am actually learning songs from Ed Sheeran on the guitar! LIKE WHO HAD EVER THOUGHT I WOULD ENJOY PLAYING SONGS LIKE THESE! Went from drop B songs to capo on the 5th fret (Standard Tuning).

Also I feel like i care more about what others think about me and I like people more and more or less and less.. WTF IS HAPPENING TO ME!

Before anyone starts about age, Im 18 y/o and i am still growing up i know.. BUT I DONT FCKING LIKE THIS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW
    Edges dull with age.

Normal transition from being a teenager, if I put it bluntly.

Used to like rock/metal and other heavy stuff as well but then I almost stopped listening to it (it's still nice but just don't listen to it) and my taste changed completely to mostly games soundtrack, orchestra style basically of different sorts.

Nothing to do with becoming soft, more like becoming more mature and not being driven as much by what's considered "cool" among your peers.

I personally found when I was a teenager it was more about the energy of the music than the music itself. So things like Slipknot met that criteria well but as I got older I started appreciating the tune and vocals more so my tastes changed. I think that's true for a lot of people, angry teens like music that expresses that anger but then you start getting older and chill out.

Deleted
    When I was 14-17 I enjoyed funeral for a friend, fallout boy, bullet for my valentine plus some other stuff like breaking benjamin, Rage Against the machine etc. I am now 27 and I enjoy In Flames, Deftones, Soilwork, Scar Symettry, August Burns Red, Rage Against the machine (still) and I can still listen to a bit of breaking benjamin if it comes on, it is fair to say I cannot enjoy FoB, Funeral for a Friend or BFMV (and I am sure many others I forgot) anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

i fucking love nu metal. always will. kittie is my shit.

also, op, slipknot and korn are far from hard lol... it's like baby's first metal(before anyone feels insulted, i like their old stuff.)

you want hard, you gotta go into death metal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSquall View Post
    When I was 14-17 I enjoyed funeral for a friend, fallout boy, bullet for my valentine plus some other stuff like breaking benjamin, Rage Against the machine etc. I am now 27 and I enjoy In Flames, Deftones, Soilwork, Scar Symettry, August Burns Red, Rage Against the machine (still) and I can still listen to a bit of breaking benjamin if it comes on, it is fair to say I cannot enjoy FoB, Funeral for a Friend or BFMV (and I am sure many others I forgot) anymore.
    i still kinda like breaking benjamin. actually heard a pretty heavy song from them recently, can't remember the name of it for the life of me though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I personally found when I was a teenager it was more about the energy of the music than the music itself. So things like Slipknot met that criteria well but as I got older I started appreciating the tune and vocals more so my tastes changed. I think that's true for a lot of people, angry teens like music that expresses that anger but then you start getting older and chill out.
    True, the energy is really helping me like the music. But bands like Linkin Park isnt just the energy that gets me. With their lyrics i feel like someone understands me while no one else did/does.

I thought this was going to be about getting fat.

Deleted

Hey it's you again, from the girl issue post. Just ***** grow a pair man and stop posting troll posts on this forum.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are becoming more mature in your musical tastes. There's nothing wrong with listening to more genres of music. Liking Ed Sheeran doesn't mean you suddenly can't listen to Slipknot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

- - - Updated - - -

i still kinda like breaking benjamin. actually heard a pretty heavy song from them recently, can't remember the name of it for the life of me though.
    I think the Breaking Benjanmin song is called Red Cold River, which is fcking amazing.

Also I understand Korn and Slipknot isnt hard by the standard of REAL hardcore metal people, but for Ed Sheeran fans standard its pretty fcking hard haha. Im surrounded by these kind of people so i think they put up a picture for me that just isnt true.

Yeah, it's fun when that happens and you have all sorts of music on your phone and then you're driving with a lil cutie pie and you are playing music from your phone on SYNC and then... she's like, do you even bro? and you are like, I guess not anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Your taste in music doesn't define your personality. Be glad for every new band, genre or piece of culture you enjoy. It makes life more enjoyable.
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i fucking love nu metal. always will. kittie is my shit.

also, op, slipknot and korn are far from hard lol... it's like baby's first metal(before anyone feels insulted, i like their old stuff.)

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of Korn songs are quite heavy. It's comparable to death metal (although I never liked death metal), especially since Korn lyrics are very dark.
    Even their dubstep mix have some really heavy songs.