Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fukboi preach who makes factually wrong class guides says whaaaaaaaat?
    Alt-reich/Trumpism is a disease and it needs to be purged from the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Congratulations for winning the Dumbest Post in the Thread Award.
    I don't know.. Your own post is considered by many a worthy candidate for that award

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Releasing two zones and dungeons so people can run them and see how the classes work and perform is incoherent?
    Buddy, you seem to be arguing it both ways and you cannot do that. Are classes complete and ready for testing? Yes? Then don't complain about others complaining that they feel like shit. No? Then stop saying that this alpha is useful to report things on classes.

Here is the reality: no, classes aren't complete. Nothing is complete. Everything is very incomplete. The alpha right now cannot be a source of useful feedback on pretty much anything. But the complaints about the direction of specs are nonetheless valid because we know *from experience, and this experience is confirmed by the state of this alpha* that things are going to continue to be a mess forever and that the devs will *never* have it in the state where feedback is actually useful and so we are going to end up with classes being crap.

Do you understand it better now?
    Last edited by rda; 2018-02-21 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    In his stream preach stated that blizzard is so unfinished with BFA that the alpha is dried up and one of 3 things are happening

1. its going to be ok but unlikely

2. its severely unfinished hence the straight lack of anything new in the test realms recently and the fact as he stated about the ele shaman spec it just doesnt work

3. blizz is comfy with how some systems are going to work and never test them

honestly i couldnt keep up with him between the fact he was stating frost plays wonderfully in alpha and odyns fury needs to return
    You do realise in Alpha it's in it's most unpolished state right? Have you or this youtube ever seen other Alphas?

And beta's will come soon with all the meat to the bones of Alpha anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by salvadorbard View Post
    Fulmination is now just a poor man's Colossus Smash/Vulnerable/Judgement.
    Earthquake is a worse version of Fury of Elune/Sindragosa's Breath.
    Gust of Wind is gone(!)

RIP Ele

good thing you dont lose them.. EQ is back to what it used to be b4 pretty much.. and ele gained tremor, baseline cap totem, NG is back as a talent, earth shield is a talent too(even tho i'd love atleast NG to be baseline)

who is Preach and who said he had any credibility to judge a game on what is present on an Early ALPHA? Does he even know what Alpha means in a development cycle?

This is the biggest problem with the industry nowadays, kids talking about things they have absolutely no idea about and formulating opinions on non relevant basis.

Alpha is an early version which is meant to be playable and made to test things out. This is not a final product. Every Alpha version of wow extensions have been horrible in many ways, LEGION included...

Also the definition of Alpha / Beta may vary greatly depending on the company...

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    source plox
    Go find it yourself. You have hands to type and eyes to see, no?

Deleted
    If Preach had a brain, and it's quite confirmed at this point that he does not. He would know that Alpha isn't about testing anything other than the server stability and the stability of the new introduced systems, and that Beta will be used to test actual content that isn't leveling content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post

Also the definition of Alpha / Beta may vary greatly depending on the company...

well with blizzard no significant class changes are ever going to be made after alpha..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Too late to complain when it's in beta though.
    Blizzard beta pretty much means "read for release".
    Then again in MoP beta they did completely redo the entire zone flow, so if something really isn't feeling right, they'll change it in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    It is true within reason, but OP has misunderstood the point. The state of the classes in the current alpha is indeed broken, but I would be surprised if they actually released the game with broken classes. As I recall early Legion alpha and even beta had broken classes too that also didn't work at all.

But we should stop replying to these threads. Feel like they're actually made to encourage hate towards the guy. Preach never asked for his video topics to be posted all over mmo-champ, so giving him undue hate for it is foolish.
    And a ton of classes were broken for a long time in Legion. Some are still rather iffy, even with full Artifacts. I don't care about Preach, but all the people saying we should just wait because it's Alpha are wrong. The same thing happened with legion, and we still had terrible classes during pre-patch. Some got a bit better just with the Artifcat ability, and some didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well with blizzard no significant class changes are ever going to be made after alpha..
    Not really, they've done significant class changes in the past (like changing the mastery of a class entirely, the way the resources worked and such), it's very rare but it does happen when blizzard feels there's a reason to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    And a ton of classes were broken for a long time in Legion. Some are still rather iffy, even with full Artifacts. I don't care about Preach, but all the people saying we should just wait because it's Alpha are wrong. The same thing happened with legion, and we still had terrible classes during pre-patch. Some got a bit better just with the Artifcat ability, and some didn't.
    I play all specs in the game, which do you feel are broken? I can't recall any right now that are problematic enough to meet your description.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Go find it yourself. You have hands to type and eyes to see, no?
    youre the one that made the claim

its like saying youre a time traveler from 2030 but when i ask whos going to win the olympics you say your not going to tell

btw he never actually said that it was more like "these specs are far from done so im not going to be doing reviews on them until we get a more finished product"
    think you are thinking of heelsvsbabyface

- - - Updated - - -

this thing went on way longer than i expected thanks guys

if anyone ever accuses mmo champ posters of being nuanced or having a fine grasp of reading comprehension i shall make sure to link them to this thread

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Buddy, you seem to be arguing it both ways and you cannot do that. Are classes complete and ready for testing? Yes? Then don't complain about others complaining that they feel like shit. No? Then stop saying that this alpha is useful to report things on classes.
    Are you really a dev? You seem to be extremely narrowminded for someone is developer. Classes are never complete. Ready for testing? They purged artifacts and now they need to find out how players actually play the classes to see where they are going with them. If the feedback is "x and y feel weird and outplaced" then they are going try to change them. You do realise that players keep finding ways to play classes that blizzard didn't really design them to be played because classes can be so versatile. Balance druids are good example of class that has had minor changes during the whole expansion because blizzard didn't want people to be spamming moonfire.

I think it was the first week when Preach said "All classes are dull" or some shit like that. First week of alpha. If someone declares something like that in the first week then I can complain about that dude being annoying prick. There is huge difference in providing feedback about abilities and just plainly stating out something like that.

I just hope we see something new and innovative with PvP, I've completely lost interest as of Legion. Make PvP great again!..

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post

Alpha has just began and you're already worried about what's comes next... patient you should be young padawan!

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Are you really a dev? You seem to be extremely narrowminded for someone is developer. Classes are never complete. Ready for testing? They purged artifacts and now they need to find out how players actually play the classes to see where they are going with them. If the feedback is "x and y feel weird and outplaced" then they are going try to change them. You do realise that players keep finding ways to play classes that blizzard didn't really design them to be played because classes can be so versatile. Balance druids are good example of class that has had minor changes during the whole expansion because blizzard didn't want people to be spamming moonfire.

I think it was the first week when Preach said "All classes are dull" or some shit like that. First week of alpha. If someone declares something like that in the first week then I can complain about that dude being annoying prick. There is huge difference in providing feedback about abilities and just plainly stating out something like that.
    I have no idea what to make of this pile of text. Do you think classes are ready for the testing or not? If yes, stop yelling "it's incomplete" to those who say classes on alpha play like crap. If no, stop arguing that the alpha is in the state where you can provide useful feedback on classes.

Now, I don't really care about how specifically you answer this, I am just making you aware that in your urge to argue you went in two opposite directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshadowz View Post
    I just hope we see something new and innovative with PvP, I've completely lost interest as of Legion. Make PvP great again!..
    PvP in WoW was never balanced nor fun so nothing new there.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I have no idea what to make of this pile of text. Do you think classes are ready for the testing or not? If yes, stop yelling "it's incomplete" to those who say classes on alpha play like crap. If no, stop arguing that the alpha is in the state where you can provide useful feedback on classes.

Now, I don't really care about how specifically you answer this, I am just making you aware that in your urge to argue you went in two opposite directions.
    Ready for testing doesn't mean the class is complete. You dont seem to have any clue how the class design works in wow. Its alot more complex than you think. You seem to have idea that you cant provide any kind of feedback if the class isn't totally complete which is interesting since everyone who has played this game knows that classes will be balanced and tuned all the time.

You dont have answer this if you still have problems with understanding something that you are not familiar with. Like playing this game.

I just wish they left what worked alone, like they said they would.