Poll: Do you own a gun

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    No, too much bureaucracy here. That's pretty damn frustrating when you live in the murder capital of the world, and only 5% of homicides cases are solved.
    i suggest there may be a link.

im starting think that literally the only reason half of us humans haven't killed some one is because we don't think we can get away with it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Let's be honest here, the "No you should be able to" and the "yes" option are all americans. The no option is the rest of the world.
    Which is not true. There are several other countries ( some in Europe ) which allow the citizens to have firearms with varying restrictions.

18 of them; all are antiques or special editions. They were given to me and live in a gun safe. I've never fired them and don't ever see the need to. I take them out yearly to clean/oil them.

Edit: they are also all handguns, about half are revolvers to be specific.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Which is not true. There are several other countries ( some in Europe ) which allow the citizens to have firearms with varying restrictions.
    Pretty much every country in the world allows you to owne firearms, they vary in what firearms you are allowed and what bodily organs they want in exchange though.

Don't own a gun, but i have a lethal weapon in ma pants ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    Don't own a gun, but i have a lethal weapon in ma pants ;-)
    A HIV infested pin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Pretty much every country in the world allows you to owne firearms, they vary in what firearms you are allowed and what bodily organs they want in exchange though.
    Yeah. That was my point. Not sure China does however. And I do not think Japan does?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yeah. That was my point. Not sure China does however. And I do not think Japan does?
    No idea about China but Japan does allow guns in a very limited form.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...009-story.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    No idea about China but Japan does allow guns in a very limited form.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...009-story.html
    They are pretty damn strict. And I think that only applies to the right to hunt or target shooting? Not sure they can even have a handgun. And almost certain not to carry one for self defense.

Ahh, that feeling of the right to bear Arms!

I'd rather have guns and never need them, than never have them and need it.

I carry one for work everyday, and have yet to ever need to draw down on someone.

I own many
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

yep, a few of differing variety.

5+ Year Old Account
    No.

I am a proud member of an asian family.

My Dad is chinese. My Mom is filipino. So I think that makes me pretty much asian lol.

My Dad and my Mom are both asian parents. They say asian parents are very strict in the parenting of their children. Playing the Piano. A very stereotypical thing asian parents do. Teaching their children the piano (violin, etc...). Yes, we did have a piano in our home lol. I am the third child of four children my parents had.

My Dad and my Mom picked a nice four-bedroom, two-bath, one-story house in a nice (low-income lol) suburb neighborhood. Growing up in my neighborhood was really nice. There was really no crime in the suburb neighborhood that I grew up in as a child, at least none that I have heard of. My brother and sisters and my parents never really told me of anything serious happening right in our neighborhood like robbery, theft, gun shootings, and the like.

It was a very safe neighborhood. So I guess there was no need for a gun lol. I don't think our neighbors would have had guns either. But I don't know since I never really knew our neighbors lol.

This concludes my rant, comment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, quite a few. I own them because I hunt, but also for recreational use.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I do wish to own a gun in the future, specifically a Mateba autorevolver. Mostly just to take it apart and see how it works, It's a semi-automatic revolver.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    Ahh, that feeling of the right to bear Arms!

I'd rather have guns and never need them, than never have them and need it.

I carry one for work everyday, and have yet to ever need to draw down on someone.
    Odds are you never will have to use it against another person. Better odds of having a bad accident on the roads. But I agree with your stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I have kids and no use for a gun.

I sure do own a gun. It feels good to be a citizen and not a slave.

Lots of "well educated" center leftists on here who live in a relatively stable time in history seem to believe in "The End of History" as told by Francis Fukuyama. In other words, you believe that the world is a nice, stable, safe place for liberal democracy and the rule of law, and most importantly, that it will always remain that way. Yet, history is not linear... it is cyclical. We can hope and pray that in our lifetimes we don't see the degeneration of modern western civilization, but I personally would not want to bet my life on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't use any gun. I don't hunt and guns give a false sense of security. I prefer good education, good laws and good police. Much safer, much more efficient.

The poll is rather flawed, especially the third choice. Because yes, even though I do not own any guns, I believe that people can own them. Some of them that is. Hunters need a rifle, that's for sure. But I don't see any reason at all to own automatic weapons and military grade armament. And not only should you need a licence to purchase firearms, you should receive a formation too. Also, all modifications should be prohibited and severely punished.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

I own some, but I don't need them, so I keep them with my uncle in another state who served in the military.