Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Give me a break. Don't let the door hit you on the way out as they say. Those gold generating alts needed nerfed and you know it.
    People like you are part of the problem. Instead of acknowledging that people don't like what WoW is becoming, and thinking about whether or not they're right, you just attack them and give no argument.

This kind of lazy attitude from consumers is why Blizzard is taking advantage of players like never before.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    People like you are part of the problem. Instead of acknowledging that people don't like what WoW is becoming, and thinking about whether or not they're right, you just attack them and give no argument.

This kind of lazy attitude from consumers is why Blizzard is taking advantage of players like never before.
    Yeah sorry, if you think it is okay for class hall missions to be out of control gold generators just like garrisons were in WoD. I am MORE than happy to be part of the problem wanting them out of the game. If you think it is totally cool to generate that much gold with little work that is a YOU problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Joke's on them since I get more than enough Blood of Sargeras from casual daily play of my main which I can then funnel to goldmaking alts.
    They are fine with that though. Casual daily play is the goal. They just wanted to avoid the situation where you make gold by not playing at all, as what happened with WoD garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Umm, it was barely worth it to even do those Blood of Sargeras missions before this, y'all not thinking very clearly.
    Actually that's completely incorrect. Doing the blood missions could make each alt "self sufficient" so that you could recover most and sometimes more resources than you spent during the week. This nerf makes doing these missions pointless unless you're on a toon that makes excessive amounts of resources.

Running multiple alts doing missions becomes much too time consuming if you also have to farm resources for those alts. Some classes however can do a "free" mission each day for 100 resources. These can still be somewhat self sufficient but not nearly as easy as it was prior to the nerf.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

Yeah sorry, if you think it is okay for class hall missions to be out of control gold generators just like garrisons were in WoD. I am MORE than happy to be part of the problem wanting them out of the game. If you think it is totally cool to generate that much gold with little work that is a YOU problem.
    It's fun to watch people who have no idea how much more effort it takes to really make gold in Legion compared to WoD talk like they know anything.

Then again this is MMOChamp where idiocy runs amok.

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    The problem is, new and returning players are absolutely donkey porked when it comes to being able to purchase basically anything. Without a large time investment and research on their part, they simply cannot go out and purchase the things that just about every other player can.
    I'm yet to hear any logical argument why new and returning players need to purchase, purchase, purchase instead of sell, sell, sell and get rich?

If cloth went from 2g per piece to 20g per piece means whatever you gathered while questing gives you 10x more gold when you sell it, making fixed price costs like repairs, mount skill upgrades, heirlooms and so forth take 1/10th the time to earn the gold for.

There is nothing from the AH new players "need" to buy because most of these expenses like flasks, pots, food, gems, enchants, and so forth are for players who are already at the end game and quite serious about it (inspect any guy in lfr and check if he uses enchants or flasks). Then we have vanity like pets and transmogs - again new player is better off selling these if they drop for him, as it can give him easy surge in gold. And then we have professions which again can be used to gain gold instead of wasting it.

The game itself is well prepared these days to kit players with gear, there are no mandatory player controlled gold sinks like major / prime glyphs used to be at some point of wow history, many expenses got removed already like respec costs, buff reagents or flying upgrades (it's tied to pathfinder now), so generally it's a complete fallacy to claim new players are "screwed".

Even irl people would rather live in a 1st world country with high prices but high salaries than in 3rd world country with low prices and low salaries.

Damn, on my server you can earn 1000 gold as a lvl 1 for signing a guild charter. That'll settle you for majority of levelling process (flying at lvl 60 costs 250g).

Noticed this ninja change right away with a blue post coming days later. Kinda pisses me off. I can't imagine myself ever touching that mission again, as the only reason i ever did was for the very VERY meager +600 OR gain, which only happens mind you if you can 200% the mission. God forbid we gain anything for sending these missions. Imagine if the blood -> 200 OR required 200% on a mission. Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuelle View Post
    I wasn't saying sending out the missions was hard. That's plenty easy. it's setting it all up and putting 2-3 hours into doing every alt twice per day where it turns into hard work.
    You're doing something EPICLY wrong if it takes you 2-3 hours a day just to send out your followers. Even with 36 alts. I have 23, and it takes me ~10-15 minutes in the morning and ~10-15 minutes in the evening to send them out twice a day. That's 30 minutes, tops, and that's with maximizing the most missions at 200% success each time as well.

WTF are you even doing that takes you 2-3 hours? Even if I had the extra 13 alts you did that still wouldn't add the 2 more hours it takes you to do this. Are you savoring every completed mission to its fullest and fapping to its success or something? "Oh, oh, yes, oh, yes, give it to me baby, BAM YES, look at that extra 1750 in gold." *yank yank squirt*

I am just completely mind boggled at what takes 3 hours to do that. I mean maybe if every character had 20 followers like garrisons did, there would be some play with how you sorted all your missions out, but with a max of 7 (assuming you have the traits researched for an extra follower) and a very limited number of missions to even go out on each day, you are either seriously making something way more complex than it needs to be or as someone else pointed out your skill with hyperbole is through the roof of blowing things out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    It's fun to watch people who have no idea how much more effort it takes to really make gold in Legion compared to WoD talk like they know anything.

Then again this is MMOChamp where idiocy runs amok.
    Riiight like I am totally clueless on what it takes to make gold, sorry I'll delete my multiple gold capped characters now. Sure there is a good amount of early effort in setting up the class hall money making machines but then it was self sufficient doing gold missions and churned in far too much gold for the 'effort'.

Gold making should never get to the point of, fire up the WoW app and send out missions and rake in the gold. I hope they do more to curtail that type of 'effort' in the game.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Except the amount of gold injected into the game by these missions is harmful to those who do not participate because of inflation.
    That is a valid argument for doing what they did and setting the level of effort required to do missions to a more appropriate level (relative to what other gold-making endeavours require).

It's not a valid argument for the removal of missions entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. There are tons of ways to make tens of thousands of gold in 1 hour. Yesterday, I jumped on my druid, got a group with 4 people, farmed Volatile Water. 1 hour later, I had 65k worth of Volatile Water. 5 hours later, I had to farm again because I was sold out. Today I farmed Primal Mana. 46k value in 50 minutes.
    Ridiculous?

Firstly, you're misrepresenting what you do as the norm. It is not (and if it were, the price of volatile water would crater because of massive oversupply). Despite this, it still sounds like you're making less per hour than what you can make from missions. Also, you're not considering travel time to your farming spot, or the time it takes to manage your auctions (especially if other people end up competing with you, driving the price down and the effort to sell up).

Lastly, with the app, it's possible to mitigate the time investment by utilising small, wasted, time windows, eg standing in a queue at a supermarket, waiting for your lunch to heat up in the microwave etc etc etc.

So yeah, I am sticking to my guns on my assertion that missions are one of the strongest per-hour gold making mechanisms in the game and that "nerfing" the BoS from missions is an appropriate step because it brings that gold making potential more in line with other mechanisms.

This hotfix basically told ME personally, you wasted your time, because I am in college and work so I dont have time to supply BoS for 14 alts just from my main...
    That's exactly the point of the hotfix, to prevent people from amassing armies of alts with the sole purpose of running missions and then focussing all their time and effort on that one activity. By forcing us to actually do content to sustain missions, it results in a more balanced mix of gameplay.

Anyway, this income is dead, I will try to find something else that has a nice profit without all that hussle. PS. Instead of 600 extra resources, they should nerf it down to 400. Not kill it entirely. Even casual players used it for a slight income every day.
    Lol, there is nothing "dead" about the income from order halls. Maybe, if your only purpose of playing the game is to make as much gold as possible then it's no longer as lucrative. But anyone who actually bothers with playing the game will have enough OHR coming in to sustain those gold missions on several characters and make a decent chunk of gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Removing the mission table from the game would have been elegant solution. It doesn't provide any gameplay and it's been a constant problem for two expansions. The stubborness and egos of Blizzard devs sometimes amaze me.

Just remove it whole thing in a patch - problem solved and no one will care.
    Believe me, some people only play because of the follower missions. It would be stupid to remove them, they'd lose a lot more people than if they keep them in.

Disappointing, only got a few months, but if the price we have to pay to generate so much gold is more active play than Warlords I'm fine with that. Not like I don't have a stupid amount of the Bloods anyway from having 12 characters with the enchant active..

We've had this discussion before when the stackable xp-boosts were taken out. Nay sayers will still bury their heads in the sand.
    That was purely a strike at gold-factories, and this is just dropping the other shoe on established gold-factories.
    People discussing 'effort' have no idea.
    People still think in terms of 'playing'. This is not about playing, it is about systems, working, pure economic efficiency.
    You have to take into account multi-boxing to level alts.
    You have to take into account pretty minimal wages in countries with decent Internet connections (yes, they are well connected places with (child labor) wages <<50$ month for 12 hrs/7 days week)

For those saying 'i can make more farming volatile airs than I can earn from missions', they don't see that system doesn't scale to 'industrial' levels as you'll flood the market and prices will just plummet. The order hall way is 100% predictable and has no scaling issues.

So what changes? The workflow where a strict separation handover of leveled factory workers (requires 'playing' through the computer) to just collecting gold on missions (simple phone job) is disrupted. Now 'order resources' will need to be farmed (back to the computer) to sustain the operation. Cuts into the profits and above all the transaction of getting a full X alt set 'delivered' is not 'final'. Ongoing account access is required. Messy.

So is it enough to do in the factories? I don't think so, but it is another step.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuelle View Post
    Annnnd that was the final straw for me. I have really only been playing for my alt army and the gold generated from it. It's not exceptional gold, it's pretty good but you have to earn it. You have to spend a lot of time setting it up by first leveling the alt to max, gearing the alt (less horrible with account bound argus gear), doing the class hall quests to get all of the champions, sending them out to get exp and doing missions for equipment for them and then keeping each alt stocked with order hall resources, logging in every morning and evening to send each alt's missions, figuring out the right combo of champions for the missions. Takes 2-3 hours per day to send my 36 alts twice per day to earn roughly 80-120k gold per day. It's a lot of work but I can say that you EARN the gold at least IMO. Fun was detected, nerf was injected. Bye everyone. I think I'm going to go get a life. Perfect excuse. Have fun.
    Well, the alts that can insta complete a mission will still be fine, 1 order resource mission a day is more than enough to send followers on the 2 gold missions. Infact, those alts will go+ by a good maragain, allowing them to funnel resources to your alts that doesant have insta mission complete!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    I'm not sure if those people are worth keeping though.
    Well yeah but then you could argue that people who hacked and only got a 1 week-1 month ban aren't worth having around either.

Riiight like I am totally clueless on what it takes to make gold, sorry I'll delete my multiple gold capped characters now. Sure there is a good amount of early effort in setting up the class hall money making machines but then it was self sufficient doing gold missions and churned in far too much gold for the 'effort'.

Gold making should never get to the point of, fire up the WoW app and send out missions and rake in the gold. I hope they do more to curtail that type of 'effort' in the game.
    To be fair, most of the gold that is made in WoW is not made by sending out missions. It is not made by farming or whatever either. It's made by people playing the auction house, which addons can automate to the point where you only need to go there and make a few clicks. It takes less time to set that up than to get an army of alts sorted, too. Blizzard is not doing anything to curtail that type of 'effort' in the game either, but I hardly ever see people complaining about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    That's exactly the point of the hotfix, to prevent people from amassing armies of alts with the sole purpose of running missions and then focussing all their time and effort on that one activity. By forcing us to actually do content to sustain missions, it results in a more balanced mix of gameplay.
    Well, it really only forces people that do not play Mage, Warlock, Demon Hunter or one of the plate classes to do that. Those classes still do not need to go out in the world, they just need to walk from the mission table to an NPC and back once a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    To be fair, most of the gold that is made in WoW is not made by sending out missions. It is not made by farming or whatever either. It's made by people playing the auction house, which addons can automate to the point where you only need to go there and make a few clicks. It takes less time to set that up than to get an army of alts sorted, too. Blizzard is not doing anything to curtail that type of 'effort' in the game either, but I hardly ever see people complaining about that.
    I'm not sure how you can compare the two. One of them is basically a simple process of using the Bnet app or quickly cycling through alts in game. The gold is guaranteed and earns the same amount per month with little work once you have the alts set up. The other is an open market where people might be competing in what you are trying to sell, such as Xmogs, mats, gems, enchants and so on. The market can be volatile and your income can fluctuate if not die altogether as the game changes.

Also, you don't go up against botters while doing gold missions where I have the pleasure of having to go up against someone that is playing 20-24 hours a day due to a bot.

Deleted
    Well, it really only forces people that do not play Mage, Warlock, Demon Hunter or one of the plate classes to do that. Those classes still do not need to go out in the world, they just need to walk from the mission table to an NPC and back once a day.
    You can get the item you need to complete the quest in the mobile app so you don't have to take that walk, just log on and open the map.

I'm not sure how you can compare the two. One of them is basically a simple process of using the Bnet app or quickly cycling through alts in game. The gold is guaranteed and earns the same amount per month with little work once you have the alts set up. The other is an open market where people might be competing in what you are trying to sell, such as Xmogs, mats, gems, enchants and so on. The market can be volatile and your income can fluctuate if not die altogether as the game changes.

Also, you don't go up against botters while doing gold missions where I have the pleasure of having to go up against someone that is playing 20-24 hours a day due to a bot.
    Not directly, no, but market fluctuation is really the most noticeable difference. Still, most markets are relatively stable. Or at least they were during MoP and WoD, when I played that. With addons, I was able to make a lot of gold just buying everything below a certain mark and reselling, adding no value of my own.
    I only switched to order halls because I was leveling a lot of alts anyway, and because I did not like basically taking a cut of other player's gold. Orderhall just lets me play the game without paying real cash. which is all I ever need. The way I am set up, I can do that for the rest of the Xpack's lifespan too, even without the BoS missions, which is all I really care about.

Playing the AH does not inject money into the economy leading to rampant inflation because its just moving assets from 1 player to another.
    The problem with Garrison/Order Hall is that is does cause inflation by adding money into the system.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death