Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    going to extremes doesn't really prove a point.

some of the teachers being armed, metal detectors, and two or three armed guards is not extreme.

even if there were no school shootings, it would still be nice to have those things to guard against kidnappers and such.

Huh? ANY teachers being armed is what id consider 'extreme'. Its an only-in-america problem where people would consider 'only' one/some teacher being armed with a gun to not be extreme lol.

Metal detectors and armed guards not being extreme? Clearly we live in different countries here, because ALL of that sounds extreme to me.

Why not guard the schools with soldiers in every class room and tanks in front of the school? America the land of the free! (laughs in european)

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Exactly. You should arm the kids too.

Sincerely,

The NRA.
    The solution to all problems: Introduce additional guns!

As said by the folks who produce said weapons.

going to extremes doesn't really prove a point.

some of the teachers being armed, metal detectors, and two or three armed guards is not extreme.

even if there were no school shootings, it would still be nice to have those things to guard against kidnappers and such.
    You speak like this would be a "reasonable" solution. This is an extreme and not practical solution, the reasonable solution is gun control as no other first world nation has this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Why not guard the schools with soldiers in every class room and tanks in front of the school? America the land of the free! (laughs in european)
    Because the military is too busy with their ongoing crusades in the middle-east.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Nemmar :

The preservation of life and liberty is for the police and military to do. Not civilians.

You sir are sublimely ignorant.

Please.....go back in time and tell that to our founding fathers who had fight the current Oppressive Govt. in order to form this republic. "hey, you should give up your life and liberty to the British... its there job to protect you"

Self preservationist =/= Anarchist.

yeah.. Please...let me by all means give up my life and liberty to the same very Police who according to the leftist media "murder citizens indiscriminately".

No thank you.

it's better if the teachers are targets than the children, imo.

i think some teachers should be armed, and i think that there should be two or three armed officers and metal detectors at the entrance of the school. side entrances should only open from the inside of the building.
    I'm glad I grew up in a country that wasn't a literal warzone.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm glad I grew up in a country that wasn't a literal warzone.
    5) i hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    The solution to all problems: Introduce additional guns!

As said by the folks who produce said weapons.
    And those selling funeral services. They can't wait for more customers.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    1. It makes teachers target. If someone wants to go on a rampage in a school it just means that teachers become primary targets, strike first and the fact that the teacher has a gun does not remove the bullets from his/her chest.

2. What about what the teachers want? People get into teaching for many reasons and none of them are to carry a gun and stop school shootings. You might argue that it's not about what the teacher wants, its about keeping the kids safe, but is it safe or practical to give a hesitant person a gun?

3. Teachers shouldn't have to carry guns. Guns are the cause of the trouble in the first place, adding more to the situation is just asking for trouble.
    1. Everyone is the fucking target.

2. There's no law that says you have to carry.

3. "More guns is bad" isn't an argument.

Yeah, let's ban all guns. I'm sure that won't cause millions of deaths in the civil war that ensues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, let's ban all guns. I'm sure that won't cause millions of deaths in the civil war that ensues.
    I'll get the popcorn ready. Best reality TV of the decade!

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Clearly the freedom solution is to equip all teachers with military grade body armor, helmets and all that.
    Not far enough.

Predator drones, and for home coming, all classes need to decorate their respective drone. Best drone gets HE rounds.
    Last edited by Zig Zug; 2018-02-22 at 12:11 PM. Reason: HE rounds dog!

Might aswell bring your wars to your own soil, since you have so much guns and anger over there. Maybe you will win.

I have no problem if teachers want to arm themselves... in theory. In practice, it could be a different outcome than many hope. Sadly, a lot of people are far less responsible with their firearms than they would have others believe. Simply getting a gun, and taking a couple safety courses will not really be enough. Responsible firearm ownership comes with years of practice and constant vigilance on your part. It's not so much about being wary of outside threats, it's about making sure you are not the one to fuck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    You speak like this would be a "reasonable" solution. This is an extreme and not practical solution, the reasonable solution is gun control as no other first world nation has this problem.
    i'm not against forms of gun control. i'm against the outright banning of all guns.

with or without guns, i would like to see schools guarded. this isn't extreme to me, because any place where people gather should be guarded.

it could be a nut with a gun, a bomb, a knife, whatever. someone should be there to end that threat.

I was very surprised to learn today (durng the cnn town hall) that the NRA only has 5 million members. Soooo much power and influence, only 5 million members. Im sure some very rich/powerful/passionate/outspoken members, but still... only 5 million members.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohx View Post
    Nemmar :

The preservation of life and liberty is for the police and military to do. Not civilians.

You sir are sublimely ignorant.

Please.....go back in time and tell that to our founding fathers who had fight the current Oppressive Govt. in order to form this republic. "hey, you should give up your life and liberty to the British... its there job to protect you"

Self preservationist =/= Anarchist.

yeah.. Please...let me by all means give up my life and liberty to the same very Police who according to the leftist media "murder citizens indiscriminately".

No thank you.
    but US people dont arm themself to fight/Defend off Govt. They kill eachother, civilians. While goverment just watch it happen.

Werent the whole reason that law came in? That you can arm yourself and fight off a oppressive Govt?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Not far enough.

Predator drones, and for home coming, all classes need to decorate their respective drone. Best drone gets HE rounds.
    I'd paint mine purple with pink hearts all over it! Maybe write "freedom" in each heart.

i'm not against forms of gun control. i'm against the outright banning of all guns.

with or without guns, i would like to see schools guarded. this isn't extreme to me, because any place where people gather should be guarded.

it could be a nut with a gun, a bomb, a knife, whatever. someone should be there to end that threat.
    Grats. So you're against gun nut invented strawman no one has ever even argued for?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    1. Everyone is the fucking target.

2. There's no law that says you have to carry.

3. "More guns is bad" isn't an argument.

Vote for politicians.
    Politicians enact new legislation to ban guns.
    Gun owners start a civil-war?

What happened to democracy? If guns ever get banned it would be because people voted for them to be banned. If Gun owners are the type of people to shoot others over that...then maybe they aren't to be trusted with guns.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'd paint mine purple with pink hearts all over it! Maybe write "freedom" in each heart.
    Written with glitter?