Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As a teacher, I'll just comment that in my humble experience most teachers tend to be liberal leaning even in more conservative states. Even those that aren't likely aren't comfortable with the idea of being given a gun and held responsibile for preventing/ending the next school shooting.

Shooting troubled kids is not why we get into the profession and being put in that position is likely not going to end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    Vote for politicians.
    Politicians enact new legislation to ban guns.
    Gun owners start a civil-war?

What happened to democracy? If guns ever get banned it would be because people voted for them to be banned. If Gun owners are the type of people to shoot others over that...then maybe they aren't to be trusted with guns.
    Yeah, honestly I don't think the argument is very good for pro gun crowd, if they claim they are just practically terrorists in waiting, and guns shouldn't be banned or they start murdering people. Perhaps that sort of people are exactly the type who shouldn't own one single weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Written with glitter?
    Silver glitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Silver glitter
    Add some pretty little ribbons and you're sure winner ������

- - - Updated - - -

Silver glitter
    Add some pretty little ribbons and you're sure winner

- - - Updated - - -

(Looks like usign emoji broke the post. pfffft )

- - - Updated - - -

(Looks like usign emoji broke the post. pfffft )

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    1. Everyone is the fucking target.

2. There's no law that says you have to carry.

3. "More guns is bad" isn't an argument.

Yeah, let's ban all guns. I'm sure that won't cause millions of deaths in the civil war that ensues.
    More guns is bad is very much an argument. Shooting someone is a relatively easy way to kill someone and the more guns we have floating around the more people get killed. You have an overwhelming amount of statistics to back this up btw.

Also, did you realize that your first point argues against you and your second is utterly pointless. The civil war remark would have been somewhat relevant 80 years ago but not today. I love this idea that handguns will be able to take on the US army...did you not watch the news for the last 30 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    1. Everyone is the fucking target.

2. There's no law that says you have to carry.

3. "More guns is bad" isn't an argument.

Yeah, let's ban all guns. I'm sure that won't cause millions of deaths in the civil war that ensues.
    More guns is bad is very much an argument. Shooting someone is a relatively easy way to kill someone and the more guns we have floating around the more people get killed. You have an overwhelming amount of statistics to back this up btw.

Also, did you realize that your first point argues against you and your second is utterly pointless. The civil war remark would have been somewhat relevant 80 years ago but not today. I love this idea that handguns will be able to take on the US army...did you not watch the news for the last 30 years?

but US people dont arm themself to fight/Defend off Govt. They kill eachother, civilians. While goverment just watch it happen.

Werent the whole reason that law came in? That you can arm yourself and fight off a oppressive Govt?

Yes, people do kill each other.........Sadly, Freedom isn't free. =( Its paid for in lives lost, whether its loss of militarily or civilian. In order to be truly free, we have to accept that some people in this world will be free to make horrible decisions. Im not against a certain lvl of control, and I by no means do I condone any of these horrid actions.

Simply removing the tools of destruction by no means removes the Motives.

The only way you are truly going to be 100% safe from monsters committing these heinous acts , is by sacrificing largely all your personal freedoms.

And when Govt. breaks down.... Which it certainly can , and has. I've lived it. I was there in New Orleans post Katrina. There will be no Police or Military to protect you.

What then?

Pray that the bad people , and there are bad people in this world, don't come after you?

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    What's happen when a small female teacher feels threatened by a student or multiple students?
    Drop you pen. Pick it up too fast. On edge, armed teacher shoots you. What a rough day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slythan View Post
    As a teacher, I'll just comment that in my humble experience most teachers tend to be liberal leaning even in more conservative states. Even those that aren't likely aren't comfortable with the idea of being given a gun and held responsibile for preventing/ending the next school shooting.

Shooting troubled kids is not why we get into the profession and being put in that position is likely not going to end well.
    I'd imagine if teachers being armed became enforced policy, a lot would just walk out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Not far enough.

Predator drones, and for home coming, all classes need to decorate their respective drone. Best drone gets HE rounds.
    Replace speakers in the upper corners of the room with Claymore mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

it surprises me how all those gun loving folks seem to not understand how guns work

bullets have some remarkable qualities like being able to pierce human bodies or small objects and injure targets behind them (wut?)

in the HIGH UNLIKELY event that the shooter misses (for some reasons gun loving folks thing that misses only happen in the movies) despite aiming under a mountain of pressure and stress (you know the kind of stress you get when a psychopath tries to kill you) they can actually injure folks other than the intended target (weird isn't it?)

to make matters worse they can also change trajectory if the hit relatively hard objects (holy shit bullets can 'turn'?!)

so what could possibly go wrong if a highly trained marksman like a middle school teacher starts shooting in the middle of a classroom filled with kids?

not to mention what would happen if once in the next 5 years among the thousands of guns that the schools will be provided with falls to the wrong hands...

what kind of imbecile would even consider that really? do retarded voters count for double or something? because someone seems to value them way too much

These shooters typically walk in rampage and kill them selves or get killed all giving teachers guns will do is “maybe” get the guy killed sooner after he still had already killed some people. The point is to not fucking have the casualties in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Silver glitter
    Red White and Blue glitter.

You failed your 'Murica test. Please leave your Freedom at the door, a bald eagle weeps as you leave.

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I find it pretty surreal that "why arming the teachers is not the answer" even need an explanation.
    Came here to post exactly this. Glad I found it still on the first page.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    I think teachers should at very least be required to be capable of performing light combat operations, counter insurgency or operate an armored fighting vehicle.

Also wear combat armor, be at least 6,2 and weight at least 200 pounds, keep in constant contact with surveillance drones circling the campus, and master the gun kata:

....if there is time, also learn basic school subjects
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Drop you pen. Pick it up too fast. On edge, armed teacher shoots you. What a rough day.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd imagine if teachers being armed became enforced policy, a lot would just walk out.
    Relavent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They don't worry about the (beloved) US army. Those God Blessed and Freedom Defending Patriots will be ON their side. All of them. Entirely. Because Reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Red White and Blue glitter.

You failed your 'Murica test. Please leave your Freedom at the door, a bald eagle weeps as you leave.
    You have to think of the whole picture. Red/White/Blue glitter mix would clash with the rest of the purple and pink color scheme. Silver works better here.

I'd love to get all the politicians against gun control and put them all in a school and arm them with paintball pistols with different colour paint balls. Then at some point I'd tell one of them to start shooting the others, no-one would know who the shooter would be until they started shooting. Then they'd have to shoot the shooter. It'd be super interesting to see how many of them shoot the wrong person in the chaos and cross fire and how many people the shooter can "kill" before anyone shoots them because I'm fairly sure the answer would be too many.

Arming teachers is a fucking stupid solution, you have to be an idiot to think adding more guns will help anything, as many have said, it just makes teachers a target. If a kid pulls out a gun in a classroom, the teacher can only react AFTER the kids already pulled the gun. By the time the teacher has drawn their weapon they're going to have been shot at which case the shooter will likely just mow down everyone else in the room. Sure another teacher from another classroom MAY come along and shoot the kid (or get shot themselves) but not before they've already killed one teacher and a whole classroom of kids.

But apparently that's ok, sacrificing a class room full of kids is acceptable to all these idiots who are against gun control. A few childrens lives here and there is a price they are happy to pay in order to keep owning weapons that weren't even invented when their precious second amendment was written. They're disgusting people clinging to an outdated law. I come from the UK where guns are banned but I do understand the idea of wanting to own a hand gun for home defense and that to me makes sense. What makes no sense is why you need semi-automatic or automatic weapons, they are designed for slaughter. They're the same weapons military personnel use because they're most effective at killing as many people as possible as quickly as possible. There is no way a civilian should be allowed to own one let alone have such easy access to purchase one. So sure, keep your second amendment but update it and limit it to hand guns considering it was written at a time where muskets were the most common weapon.

Anyone that thinks that's an unreasonable solution is in my opinion a complete moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    These shooters typically walk in rampage and kill them selves or get killed all giving teachers guns will do is “maybe” get the guy killed sooner after he still had already killed some people. The point is to not fucking have the casualties in the first place.
    You see, not having casualties during a school day is not just something that is possible. Only thing we can do is to minimize the casualties by having stonger armed response. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    considering America is too stupid to get rid of guns, maybe just stick all students in bullet proof vests as part of their uniform...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You have to think of the whole picture. Red/White/Blue glitter mix would clash with the rest of the purple and pink color scheme. Silver works better here.
    You're outed yourself you commie antifa nazi liberal scum!

FREEDOM COLORS NEVER CLASH WITH ANYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    going to extremes doesn't really prove a point.

some of the teachers being armed, metal detectors, and two or three armed guards is not extreme.

even if there were no school shootings, it would still be nice to have those things to guard against kidnappers and such.
    It wouldn't be extreme in a war zone, no.
    Measures to protect against extreme violence are not "nice to have". They reduce freedom, take up a lot of resources, and make people feel like their lives are in constant danger. They should not be implemented unless they are necessary.
    Mother pus bucket!