Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    So Iran is the only country to have ever threatened an enemy with war? I don't see how their threats toward Israel, threats that they have nowhere near the capability to back up, are somehow especially bad.
    The places and people I mentioned were the ones that were brought up in a previous post. I did not choose them, I just addressed them. If the previous poster had said Afganistan, we would be talking about that place instead.
    Last edited by dontknowdoya; 2018-02-22 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowdoya View Post
    I am assuming you mean in war; in that case, I believe you are correct.

I do not want to change the subject to this but have not Iranian officials on several occasions threatened Israel with complete destruction. I think if certain people in Iran had the ability to nuke Israel they would.
    An NK has threatened with leveling the US for decades now, yet it hasn't happened. Fact is the US is the only country to ever have used nuclear weaposn (outside of tests ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    An NK has threatened with leveling the US for decades now, yet it hasn't happened. Fact is the US is the only country to ever have used nuclear weaposn (outside of tests ofc)
    NK has threatened several countries many times; he likely will never actually do anything. It is all just an extortion scheme.
    Last edited by dontknowdoya; 2018-02-22 at 04:53 AM.

NK has threatened several countries many times; he likely will never actually do anything. It is all just an extortion scheme.
    my point exactly

Should be obvious, the US only cares about number 1.. Those outside the US do not get to share US values or priveleges, they will divide and conquer to pillage lesser nations for resources as they have always done, they certainly don't want those potential target lesser nations having nuclear defenses.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Should be obvious, the US only cares about number 1.. Those outside the US do not get to share US values or priveleges, they will divide and conquer to pillage lesser nations for resources as they have always done, they certainly don't want those potential target lesser nations having nuclear defenses.
    Because we've spent years exploiting North Korea's resources *eyeroll*.

Not to mention the south has had some pretty amazing growth being allies with the US. I don't believe for a second the US only cares about itself. The people here are people from around the world.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Because we've spent years exploiting North Korea's resources *eyeroll*.

Not to mention the south has had some pretty amazing growth being allies with the US. I don't believe for a second the US only cares about itself. The people here are people from around the world.
    Way to miss the point *facepalm*.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    You understand that lil fucker will actually use them right?

The fact that you're even asking a question like "Why don't we allow insane, genocidal, communist regimes like the one in North Korea to have nuclear weapons to "defend" themselves?" is very telling of your morality and your sense of right and wrong. I fear for this world if very many people think like you.

Sorry, but anyone who thinks it's ok for North Korea to have nuclear weapons needs to immediately fly themselves there and live under the regime for a few years and then come report back to the rest of us on your opinion of it then (oh wait, you wouldn't be able to come back because you'd either be dead, in prison, or have "made the personal decision to stay there yourself"....aka you were forced to stay).

Do people who think like this actually walk around as "productive" members of society? Because if they do, I'm far more worried of what they'll do compared to a crazed gunman who goes on a shooting spree.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-02-22 at 07:31 AM.

Extortion doesn't work unless you're willing to back up your threats with force, and for all of the saber rattling, nobody believes that North Korea is going to launch a nuclear first strike because they would cease to exist shortly thereafter. Besides, they're gaining far more traction these days with a more peaceful approach, casting the US as unwanted foreign meddlers and speaking with South Korea directly which is playing extremely well and which our government has no organized response to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    No... Not at all.

We have only objected to/intervened against a few states obtaining nuclear weapons and only for pretty obvious reasons.

Like North Korea, an authoritarian dictatorship ruled by crazy men who see (and have seen) themselves as divine beings... Who regularly threaten to destroy other countries...

Or Iran, a quasi-autocratic theocracy ruled by religious fanatics... Who regularly threaten to destroy other countries...

Or Iraq during the 1980s, a quasi-fascist dictatorship, ruled by a madman with delusions of grandeur, who tried on several occasions to conquer his neighbors and committed genocide... And who regularly threatened to destroy other countries (noticing a pattern here?)...

Or Libya, a failed state ruled by an autocratic communist revolutionary who seized power in a coup... And sought to obtain nuclear weapons to, you guessed it, destroy other nations (Israel).

---

Everyone else we did nothing to stop them.

India
    Pakistan
    Israel
    South Africa
    France

All of those programs were done unilaterally and we didn't intervene. Even when we had grave concerns as was the case with Pakistan. Because those states weren't on the air every other day threatening to destroy other states. They weren't waging wars of conquests. They weren't committing genocide.

Pretty simple.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because the world needs less weapons and more flowers. Especially NK.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Same reason you don't want Dr. Evil to have any.

pretty simple US is ally of South Korea and relation between NK and SK is not good.so they will try to prevent nuke development in North Korea.
    Regarding Iran, relation between iran and Saudi Arabia is very bad , and USA has good relation with SA. so they will try to prevent nuke development in iran
    One more nation with nuclear means usa cannot invade it anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Extortion doesn't work unless you're willing to back up your threats with force, and for all of the saber rattling, nobody believes that North Korea is going to launch a nuclear first strike because they would cease to exist shortly thereafter. Besides, they're gaining far more traction these days with a more peaceful approach, casting the US as unwanted foreign meddlers and speaking with South Korea directly which is playing extremely well and which our government has no organized response to.
    Likewise the US has no interest in actually getting rid of North Korean dictatorship. North Korea is a brilliant patsy to play to when ever the government wants to stoke up some fear to distract from some other policy.

The status quo benefits everyone so it will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not true at all. Many countries are allies of the US and as such, support that the US still has nukes. It means they are backed and protected by the United States, which deters other countries from attacking them. There’s no reason to have your own nuclear program if your ally already does.

And again, that treaty was put in place to stop more nukes from being made, which other countries agreed to.
    Mind telling that to the UK government please? They are about to spend about £150b over 15 years on a stupid and unnecessary nuclear deterrent just to desperately prove they are still important...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Because the world needs less weapons and more flowers. Especially NK.
    then first , usa should do something about its 2K+ nukes that are more stronger in compare to what was dropped on Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by mootygrimes View Post
    So in in the US every citizen has a right to bear arms. It was (and perhaps still is) believed that an armed citizenry is a healthy way to ensure the continued security of a free State.
    Because, common sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    oh right, everywhere america started war in, people are better off. look what a picture of prosperity the middle east is after all the 'american better way of livling'

and maybe it is bad because of your i know better attitude?
    First off, I'm not American and I'm not taking their side, I'm just looking at different sides of the situation to dig deeper instead of being a leftist.
    Secondly, if you think American are the ones who destroyed everything in the middle east, joke's on you.
    Third, it's not a matter of how they are after, but how much even worse they were before, at least now there are women who understand that they can take that fucking shit off their head if they feel like it and men who get offended by that know that if they start shit over this stupid bullshit that didn't exist 40ish years ago they can get fucked.

I mean Americans(and many other military forces, let's not be stupid anti-american leftists here, not only Americans participated in that war) could have just sat back and waited for middle easterners to kill each others off, what a smart fucking idea.

Also about
    and maybe it is bad because of your i know better attitude?
    Keep in mind that not everyone is equaly as smart, not everyone knows exactly the same things. There are people out there who simply are smarter and know more than you and it doesn't make any difference what their attitude is, you gotta listen to them and learn from them even if it goes against your biased belief and offends you.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    First off, I'm not American and I'm not taking their side, I'm just looking at different sides of the situation to dig deeper instead of being a leftist.
    Secondly, if you think American are the ones who destroyed everything in the middle east, joke's on you.
    Third, it's not a matter of how they are after, but how much even worse they were before, at least now there are women who understand that they can take that fucking shit off their head if they feel like it and men who get offended by that know that if they start shit over this stupid bullshit that didn't exist 40ish years ago they can get fucked.

I mean Americans(and many other military forces, let's not be stupid anti-american leftists here, not only Americans participated in that war) could have just sat back and waited for middle easterners to kill each others off, what a smart fucking idea.

Also about
    Keep in mind that not everyone is equaly as smart, not everyone knows exactly the same things. There are people out there who simply are smarter and know more than you and it doesn't make any difference what their attitude is, you gotta listen to them and learn from them even if it goes against your biased belief and offends you.
    before they have to keep that shit on their head but now they might not have a head to keep any shit on, much improved situation

oh, how did that attitude work out for you? you know better? some suicide bomber disagrees

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    before they have to keep that shit on their head but now they might not have a head to keep any shit on, much improved situation

oh, how did that attitude work out for you? you know better? some suicide bomber disagrees
    Do you like... know what is going on over there or you just saw propaganda edited footage of CNN and think that's the truest truth of all truths?