Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We taxpayers don't want to pay for your mistakes, what happens when you abandon you wife and four kids? She's going to get social benefits, sticking us taxpayers for hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years.

In the US, we'll put you in jail if you don't pay.
    Right you rather wanna pay for the Mistakes of big Banks.... so much better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    The state not paying if the father doesn't won't reduce childbirths.
    The implication of your argument was that people continue to have children they can't afford because they can fall back on state benefits or child support.

But let's say that neither are available and the mother still can't afford the child; what happens then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The implication of your argument was that people continue to have children they can't afford because they can fall back on state benefits or child support.

But let's say that neither are available and the mother still can't afford the child; what happens then.
    Yeah man, that $156 per month is going to make or break childbirth rates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah man, that $156 per month is going to make or break childbirth rates.
    Answer the question; if no public assistance and no child support is available, what happens.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yeah man, that $156 per month if the father isn't paying sure is going to make a woman who can't afford having a child be able to afford it.

- - - Updated - - -

Cost of living is not fucked. I pay like $500 for my 2-room 63 sqm apartment, I eat for about $250-300 per month, my internet costs like $40 per month, my electricity about $20. I get roughly $1477 on unemployment per month. That without working. If I was working I would be at over $3000 per month.
    holy shit thats cheap.. what state do you live in.. see in oregon a 1 bed apartment in the ghetto is $1100 wsg $60 power $100 food is about 250-300. min wage is about 1300 a month. Now tell me how that makes any sense. thing cost more then what you get in your paycheck. I get less then that btw because I am on SSD from my disabilty (kidney failure from a genetic illness) so don't sit here and tell me cost of living isn't f*cked up. millions of people are living on min wage. You like going to the store and buying food at a reasonable price right? The price is low because people are working min wage. That coffee from starbucks or w/e is cheap because the people working there are gettin min wage..

Answer the question; if no public assistance and no child support is available, what happens.
    $156 per month isn't going to make or break the birth rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flyspyro View Post
    holy shit thats cheap.. what state do you live in.. see in oregon a 1 bed apartment in the ghetto is $1100 wsg $60 power $100 food is about 250-300. min wage is about 1300 a month. Now tell me how that makes any sense. thing cost more then what you get in your paycheck. I get less then that btw because I am on SSD from my disabilty (kidney failure from a genetic illness) so don't sit here and tell me cost of living isn't f*cked up. millions of people are living on min wage. You like going to the store and buying food at a reasonable price right? The price is low because people are working min wage. That coffee from starbucks or w/e is cheap because the people working there are gettin min wage..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlskrona

That's where I live. We have no min wage here, we have wages regulated by collective agreements with unions, even if you work in a McDonalds you can afford living on your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice dodging. Allow me to answer for you, since you're probably aware that you're in a corner.

If the mother is unable to afford her child then one of two things will happen:

a) That child will get taken away by social services and end up being cared for on the taxpayer dime regardless.

b) The child will suffer in extreme poverty for the duration of its life.

Since you're apparently against taxpayer money being used to help children, I daresay B is your optimal outcome.

This actually turned into an argument? Seriously?

Guy is in Canada, yet OP acts like USA didn't did it's job by not arresting him. Stay classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Nice dodging. Allow me to answer for you, since you're probably aware that you're in a corner.

If the mother is unable to afford her child then one of two things will happen:

a) That child will get taken away by social services and end up being cared for on the taxpayer dime regardless.

b) The child will suffer in extreme poverty for the duration of its life.

Since you're apparently against taxpayer money being used to help children, I daresay B is your optimal outcome.
    I don't care if they grow up in poverty, the mother should have worked harder if she can't afford having a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's not a scumbag thing at all. Why is someone entitled to your shit that you work hard for just because they let you fuck them?

Why is the bastard child of a rich man entitled to a better life than the bastard child of a poor man? Just because his daddy has more money?

I find it hilarious that the state still expects a man to pay when he is medically unable to work.

It's almost as if men are treated as second rate citizens.

- - - Updated - - -

And why is that? If a woman can enjoy sex with 1000 men and never have to worry about being forced into parenthood why are men supposed to do it?
    I'd take the time to explain all this too you, but it is a simple google. And I can't fix your bias or inability to realise that deadbeat moms is a thing, women give up their children too, etc.

If you have a child married or not you have a legal responsibility to provide for that child until the age of 18. Don't want the state to set your child support based on your wages? Make a better custody deal. The wife isn't entitled to the funds the child is and if you can prove your wife is using the funds for herself then you can bring her in for contempt action and hold her liable.

Medically unable to work but runs a company he sold for 2 million. Doesn't sound like medically unable to work at all, sounds like BS. Which from his con man personal injury action he attempted to extort from a restaurant pretty much follows suit with this dude being full of shit.

The bastard child is entitled to a better life because if you were to take responsibility the child would have that better life. But you chose to abate your responsibility and instead write a check.

I don't know how to explain the consequences of actions idea to someone who obviously doesn't understand it and is more concerned about hard earned cash than a human being they helped bring into the world. No one said don't wear a condom, no one said don't pull out, etc. Why is it on a woman to pay for and be on birth control, by your logic of "why should I do anything to prevent child birth?"

Also, it is the law, don't like the law get it changed, move or don't break it. It is pretty simple.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2018-02-22 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The woman who chooses to be a single mom should pay.

All of those can fail except abstinence. Why should a woman have full sexual security but I as a man need to NOT have sex in order to know for certain I won't be enslaved for 18 years?

That's not equality.

Good for you for choosing sterilisation, but I should not have to say goodbye to kids forever to gain basic security all women have.
    Women don't have security the heck are you talking about.. um, part of the reason I got the sterilization was because all that stuff can fail.. I thankfully have never been pregnant but it's always been a fear. I've always been careful when being with my partner.. I don't feel sorry for people who don't take safe sex seriously. if you really don't want kids you will do everything you can to prevent it like I have.

Quote Originally Posted by flyspyro View Post
    Women don't have security the heck are you talking about.. um, part of the reason I got the sterilization was because all that stuff can fail.. I thankfully have never been pregnant but it's always been a fear. I've always been careful when being with my partner.. I don't feel sorry for people who don't take safe sex seriously. if you really don't want kids you will do everything you can to prevent it like I have.
    You can always abort if you get pregnant and don't want a kid.

I don't care if they grow up in poverty, the mother should have worked harder if she can't afford having a kid.
    You and Ransath really are despicable people. One day a tragedy will hit you, and hopefully everyone laughs at you while they slam the door in your face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlskrona

That's where I live. We have no min wage here, we have wages regulated by collective agreements with unions, even if you work in a McDonalds you can afford living on your own.
    You make sense now.. You don't live in the states so you have no idea how shity things really are here. In the states, You need 2 incomes to support a child and without both parents paying it goes to the tax payers.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here, ladies and gentleman, we have an ultimate demonstration of why a great many conservatives should never be taken seriously on any subject.

You can always abort if you get pregnant and don't want a kid.
    Not every state in the usa is abortion frendly and with trump trying to take away our rights it's even more scary for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    I pay 500 a month for 1 and I don't get to claim him at tax time... and he lives with me.
    You should see a better CPA or Attorney. A child that lives with you more than half the year you should be able to claim, unless you relinquished your right to claim them. If that is the case you need to modify your custody agreement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No it's not, women can also pay child support. You do know that, right?
    You support child support? doesn't that break like 15 libertarian prescripts?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You support child support? doesn't that break like 15 libertarian prescripts?
    So much for his preaching about freedom.