Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    http://www.kpbs.org/news/2018/feb/05...low-san-diego/

Seriously. Who would not want to live in San Diego? Thirty four murder total in 2017. Hell, the traffic fatality is probably double that at least.
    LOL! You linked to an article about how historically low the murder rate is. Context is everything. San Diego has a population of ~1,407,000 people! 34 / 1,407,000 = 0.00242% of people. 34 is a surprisingly-low number for an entire year in a city that population-dense.

Did Cali just beat Trump on reverse psychology?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    LOL! You linked to an article about how historically low the murder rate is. Context is everything. San Diego has a population of ~1,407,000 people! 34 / 1,407,000 = 0.00242% of people. 34 is a surprisingly-low number for an entire year in a city that population-dense.
    (I think that was the point, it was a sarcastic post : P)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Just replenishing the ones that are tired. People already know that CA, NM, AZ and TX are chock full of Sanctuary Cities. Why he has decided to pick on California all of a sudden is crazy.

Peace
    ...the Democrats live here...

That was my point. Despite being a border town with an understaffed PD, and almost 60% immigrant population, San Diego has the lowest crime rate of all the metro areas in the US.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2018-02-22 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    http://www.kpbs.org/news/2018/feb/05...low-san-diego/

Seriously. Who would not want to live in San Diego? Thirty four murder total in 2017. Hell, the traffic fatality is probably double that at least.
    I doubt I could afford monthly rent on a broom closet there and would likely be making about half of what I make now after the increase in taxes are taken into account. Also the likely cost in gas/food/ect. compared to here. I am fine where I am at.

...the Democrats live here...
    Democrats live everywhere my friend.

Peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Just replenishing the ones that are tired. People already know that CA, NM, AZ and TX are chock full of Sanctuary Cities. Why he has decided to pick on California all of a sudden is crazy.
    AZ
    Governor - Republican
    Senators - Republican
    Election - Republican
    Population - 7 mil : 57/sqmi

CA
    Governor - Democrat
    Senators - Democrat
    Election - Democrat
    Population - 40 mil : 240/sqmi

NM
    Governor - Republican
    Senators - Democrat
    Election - Democrat
    Population - 2 mil : 17/sqmi

TX
    Governor - Republican
    Senators - Republican
    Election - Republican
    Population - 28 mil : 108/sqmi

Trump and his ilk decide to pick on California because it is strongly Democrat and has lots of people; it is a very important state. New Mexico has nobody, and while there is a slight Democrat swing it isn't as clear cut as California is.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    AZ
    Governor - Republican
    Senators - Republican
    Election - Republican

CA
    Governor - Democrat
    Senators - Democrat
    Election - Democrat

NM
    Governor - Republican
    Senators - Democrat
    Election - Democrat

TX
    Governor - Republican
    Senators - Republican
    Election - Republican

Trump and his ilk decide to pick on California because it is strongly Democrat and has lots of people; it is a very important state. New Mexico has nobody, and while there is a slight Democrat swing it isn't as clear cut as California is.
    I do still find it both entertaining and depressing at the same time that the county that I live in in California voted Democrat in the 2016 election for the first time since the Great Depression. Just filling in the blue down here.

It reminds me of Boondock Saints:

"So, you're telling me that the federal agents that we don't want coming around and badgering honest people are going to pick up and leave?"

"And you're also telling me that the President we hate is stomping his feet and looking like afool over us doing absolutely nothing?

"I'll have a Coke."

10+ Year Old Account
    So...obviously this isn't going to happen. Because Trump's a moron who doesn't know how to think before he speaks.

But that being said -- I'm pretty sure he can't just declare a single state suddenly doesn't get federal support. That has to violate a least a handful of laws if not the constitution itself.

That would be akin to saying something like "Welp, Florida sure has a lot of disasters. We aren't going to send FEMA there anymore. Let's wait until they are crying and screaming for help and then we'll see."
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    That would be akin to saying something like "Welp, Florida sure has a lot of disasters. We aren't going to send FEMA there anymore. Let's wait until they are crying and screaming for help and then we'll see."
    Florida didn't cost him the popular vote and tell him to fuck off repeatedly, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Florida didn't cost him the popular vote and tell him to fuck off repeatedly, however.
    Yes. It's obvious why Mr. "I'm clearly compensating for something" Trump picked California. I was just trying to highlight the absurdity (and likely illegality) of even suggesting this move using another less controversial federal agency.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

5+ Year Old Account
    LMAO. I'd think the majority of Californians would want ICE out. Do it, Fanta Menace!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    LMAO. I'd think the majority of Californians would want ICE out. Do it, Fanta Menace!
    There's a middle ground between being absent and acting like the gestapo, just fyi.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I mean, the real shock here is that anyone would believe Trump would actually do anything but be negligent towards his responsibilities.
    But this would both be doing something, AND being negligent in his responsibilities.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    But this would both be doing something, AND being negligent in his responsibilities.
    Sometimes things that are expensive are worse, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight...He wants to pull ICE from California because California local PD refuses to the federal governments job? And by job we mean rounding up non-criminal immigrants.

Theres only three reasons to go after non-criminal illegal immigrants right now: to inflate ICE [I]effectiveness/I] by rounding up people who aren't running in the first place, to make its hard/stress for these people to not become citizens because everyone knows these people aren't going to be voting Red anytime soon, and good old fashion American racism.

This dude, the chief protector of this nation, is actually saying that he would let one of the busiest borders into the US go unsecure because some mayors aren't kissing his ass. They would have impeached the entire Obama administration if Obama even dreamed some a thought.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    AZ
    Governor - Republican
    Senators - Republican
    Election - Republican

CA
    Governor - Democrat
    Senators - Democrat
    Election - Democrat

NM
    Governor - Republican
    Senators - Democrat
    Election - Democrat

TX
    Governor - Republican
    Senators - Republican
    Election - Republican

I think you may be surprised( or maybe not ) to find that in those Republican states many of the metropolitan areas that are Sanctuary Cities are Democrat controlled. Houston and Phoenix for example. Democrats control the mayor offices in 6 of California’s largest cities.
    The threat of pulling funding or pulling ICE out of these cities isn’t new my friend. The prior administration did more than threats, they actually cut funding to ICE.

Peace
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2018-02-23 at 06:53 AM.

While ICE has been a complete shitshow, the federal government retaliating against a state because the president doesn't like the state's politics is pretty fucking disgusting.

Imagine if Obama was like "we're going to stop all FBI antiterrorist efforts in Alabama because we don't think they've done enough against white supremacists. Take that, bitches."
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.