Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Look at this logically not a single person wanted a reform or change after the Sandy Hook massacre, so blaming another other means as a scapegoat seems redundant and more so who cares you wont fix this problem ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea that's the scary predicament people like @chrisnumbers aren't understanding.
    Video games and movies have always been easy targets. Why the sudden fear now? What are you afraid they will do, ban games?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because no one is satisfied with the fact that these people have killed simply because they're mentally fucked up as in they have serious mental issues. No one wants to blame parenting either because you know it's never they're fault it's always someone or in this case something else. EVERY god damned shooter that they caught were found with some sort of mental problem and a history of things the person did that support it. But no it's not enough for people. We have to find other reasons why this guy shot up dozens of people. There has got to be something we can ban from this because just banning everything will make the world a better place. What about the Las Vegas shooter? Surely it was because he played violent video games that he decided to shoot and kill all those people, right?

Whether the person played video games or not if he is having thoughts of killing people and thinking it's the right thing to do, there's something mentally wrong going on. I've played violent video games since I was a little kid. Games like GTA 2 and 3, Conkers Bad Fur Day which is more violent than you think and actually had it taken away from me thanks to good parenting, Goldeneye 007, Turok, Doom, and many more and I turned out ok. I never went out guns blazing killing people in schools or anything. The thought actually horrifies me.

These are people who don't understand what they're talking about. These are the people who will sit in front of a TV screen all day watching reality TV shows and the news and tell you that playing video games will rot your brain. And this is also coming from a president who will call other countries shitholes, is involved with many sexual scandals and accusations of sexual assault/harassment, and is one of the biggest promoters of violence this country has ever seen.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2018-02-22 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Video games and movies have always been easy targets. Why the sudden fear now? What are you afraid they will do, ban games?
    I'm not afraid of anything. I play mostly JP games and can easily get them from JP and understand them. I'm merely trying to educate people on the seriousness of this. I can easily live without playing shitty dude bro shooter games, doesn't mean I want them censored.

They're not talking about banning games, they're talking about banning violence in games. AKA censorship, which will effect games and other forms of media in a massive and harmful way.

But hey, don't come crying on a forum about censorship the next time it happens since you seem to think it's just idle threats.

The only time I agree with it is when I see a 6 year old playing Call of Duty. Parents just have to control their kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about that, I finally agree with Trump on something.

Yes Video games are as much to blame as TV, and Huge marketing firms along with the rest of the Entertainment industry, that we KNOW have an influence on adults, nevermind underaged youth.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I'm not afraid of anything.
    Me neither. Like I keep trying to tell you, they're always talk and no follow through. People will pull out the studies that have been done showing how violence in games doesn't cause violence in real life. gg

Trump is about 20 years behind on all of his policies. He's still stuck in the 90s where a border wall is ideal, immigrants are stealing jobs, Russia is our buddy, and video games are the root of all that's wrong with today's kids.

He's the walking stereotype of a baby boomer. There's really nothing shocking about his idiocy anymore.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

AKA censorship, which will effect games and other forms of media in a massive and harmful way.
    Less trivialized violence will hurt no one.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Me neither. Like I keep trying to tell you, they're always talk and no follow through. People will pull out the studies that have been done showing how violence in games doesn't cause violence in real life. gg
    You really think Trump or his republican cronies care about those studies? It's not about what is factual, it's about what will get his red base off his back to think he is doing something without passing laws that actually effect real guns.

But never going to happen right... just like Trump will never be president right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Less trivialized violence will hurt no one.
    Censorship hurts everyone, and is a slippery slope once you start going down it. The reason why violence is so heavy in media is because of censorship to other aspects of adult oriented media. What's next after you try to make gun violence taboo? Your fantasy media where you kill mythological creatures will be next. Eventually nothing is left.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-23 at 12:42 AM.

You really think Trump or his republican cronies care about those studies? It's not about what is factual, it's about what will get his red base off his back to think he is doing something without passing laws that actually effect real guns.

But never going to happen right... just like Trump will never be president right?
    You're right, the sky is falling.

That Trump acknowledges video games as an actual "thing" only reaffirms their entrance into the mainstream, which is kind of old news.

- - - Updated - - -

He's just old, like gaming is full of gun culture-touting hillbillies like him now.

I remember the good old days when kids were just popping pills and jumping on people's heads...

Where were the violent movies and video games when people were killing eachother over a book?

oh here we go again

round fucking 2 baby
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Is this the part where garbage sites like Polygon and kotaku, and the mongoloids that follows them pretend they suddenly give a shit now?

Polygon, Kotaku and game journos in general along with feminists and sjw's have been pushing this narrative for years now, that video games magically cause violence and sexism and other fucking bullshit they can come up, just like how Trump is doing now.
    This what you wanted, this is what you get.
    I knew nobody would pay attention to this post, because it's a perfect example of peoples' beliefs meaning nothing, and changing whenever it means they can disagree with Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

He is probably trying to appeal to the religious right.

Trump Says something Stupid? Say it ain't so...

They're going down the Checklist of things to blame other than the Gun Lobbyists having more say than they should in keeping regulations so laughably lax that this shit stil happens

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I knew nobody would pay attention to this post, because it's a perfect example of peoples' beliefs meaning nothing, and changing whenever it means they can disagree with Trump.

Getting what they deserve

People can pretend they are against what Trump is doing, but they have been siding and agreeing with game "journalists" and the likes of Anita for years who's been doing the exact same shit.
    It's suddenly an issue just because Trump is the one who said.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2018-02-23 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post

Getting what they deserve

People can pretend they are against what Trump is doing, but they have been siding and agreeing with game "journalists" and the likes of Anita for years who's been doing the exact same shit.
    It's suddenly an issue just because Trump is the one who said.
    Dude can you not derail the actual issue at hand with your deluded agenda?

One of those people have power and influence on a real and widespread level, the other does not.