438. This poll is closed
  • Yes

44 10.05%
  • Nope

394 89.95%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    Worst fucking troll in the history of MMO. LFR is perfect for one thing only, that is spreading cancer around. It's the ebola of MMO community, something that should've never seen the daylight, same like titanforging.
    Retail Wow proves you wrong. Every single year LFR participation rises.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    THey should do exactly what people did back in the day, find a guild, make friends. It's a social game, be social.
    That's not true now is it..? Where is it written that it's a social game? People enjoy the game in many different ways

Can a mod or someone please put a stop to these threads. You're posting in the classic wow section, about a feature in the current game. I'm sorry kid, that is not classic wow. If you want anything that came after Vanilla, then you don't want classic wow. Blizzard is not going to add LFG, and it would completely destroy one of the major aspects of vanilla. You are literally asking to take a defining aspect of vanilla away. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is my opinion that LFR would kill the longevity of WoW. People today already cry "Unsub, 4 difficulties is not extra content" - so the day they cleared their Naxx on LFR is the day they will all bugger off.
    2 difficulties is enough. LFR and another one

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What about people without any friends? Should they spam trade chat 24/7?,
    Everyone has friends, do you mean friends that play WoW? Then ya you get into a guild and use LFG chat like everyone had to because that is how you make friends in WoW.

When Nintendo re-releases their old games on new hardware do they make any quality of life changes to the gameplay? No, not unless it is a "Remake".

Classic had a version of LFR. It wasn't Blizzard's fault no one ever used it.

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    Can a mod or someone please put a stop to these threads. You're posting in the classic wow section, about a feature in the current game. I'm sorry kid, that is not classic wow. If you want anything that came after Vanilla, then you don't want classic wow. Blizzard is not going to add LFG, and it would completely destroy one of the major aspects of vanilla. You are literally asking to take a defining aspect of vanilla away. /facepalm
    Not taking anything from classic. Just adding good thongs into it so it can become even better..

But this is 2018 and Classic WoW isn't supposed to be the World of Warcraft of 2005.
    umm yes, that is EXACTLY what Classic wow is supposed to be OMEGALUL

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not true now is it..? Where is it written that it's a social game? People enjoy the game in many different ways
    It's written that it's a social game in that is requires you to be socible to get things, like raids, done.

If you want to enjoy it without being social, accept that your activity options will be limited. The game should not butcher itself to appease you, if you don't like it, go play something else.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

As long as it's personal loot I would be okay with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not taking anything from classic.
    you are taking away the social aspect by putting in faceless matchmaking.

Just adding good thongs into it so it can become even better..
    adding bad things to make it worse.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

That doesn't change what comes after. If everyone did love the social interaction so much, don't use a tool that doesn't allow it.
    Once LFD and LFR were added the convenience was so important to some large percentage of the player base (say 70%) that it effectively removed those people from the pool available for more traditional methods of forming groups (namely the old /lfg channel and then of course /2)

That pressure made it non-viable to continue forming groups the old way.

Clearly a lot of (many? most?) people felt the convenience was worth it.

I just feel the cost has been greater than most realize - I used to know literally hundreds of people on my realm (that weren't in my guild) and grouped with them regularly. I pugged MC with dozens of them in the spring and summer of 2005.

That just doesn't happen today. The game is poorer because of it.

That's going all out ! I'm not asking for that.

LFR is challenging enough for the crowd it's supposed to be consumed by
    LFR is not challenging. The only challenge comes from players who queue up just to auto attack everything. When you see someone in Antorus pulling 300k on a boss in LFR, that's autoattacking. My mage does more dps than that conjuring a biscuit. Anyway, troll thread is pitiful. If you want LFR play retail. These bait threads need to go, mmo-champion REALLY NEEDS TO GET THEIR MODS TO DO THEIR JOB and shut this crap down.

10+ Year Old Account
    . But this is 2018 and Classic WoW isn't supposed to be the World of Warcraft of 2005.
    Actually, it is meant to be the WoW of 2005, blizzard said very specifically that they want to keep it as close to the original experience as possible. That means no LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It's written that it's a social game in that is requires you to be socible to get things, like raids, done.

If you want to enjoy it without being social, accept that your activity options will be limited. The game should not butcher itself to appease you, if you don't like it, go play something else.
    Butcher? No my friend. By shattering the social pillar that shackles the game systems WoW could become eve better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Butcher? No my friend. By shattering the social pillar that shackles the game systems WoW could become eve better.
    That would make it worse, not better. People want vanilla precisely because of that social pillar, removing it butchers the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandara View Post
    LFR and LFD are two of the worst "improvements" ever added to wow. They destroyed the social fabric of this game and are just toxic cesspools.

Before LFR and LFD you had to get to know people on your realm. Make friends, have a reputation (no ninja looting!). Then you could easily form up groups.

Those connections between people is what made classic so great.

It's also why this Wow Classic will fail. No one today really wants it. They think they do, but they don't really. Because classic was great because of the people you played with at that time. You can't recapture that 15 years later
    this connections were annoying af, i dont like socializing with random people just to be able to get into better pugs, its fake asslicking because the only alternative was to not play at all. lfr/lfd and later lfg tool were a godsend for me, outside of guild activities now i just log in queue up for m+ and never see same people again, i dont need to talk to them i dont need to pretend to be their friend so they maybe invite me for next one

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The poll is wrong. It should have been "nope" and "no"

classic with benefits added it is like classic had a lot of flaws in it or something

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    LFR is not challenging. The only challenge comes from players who queue up just to auto attack everything. When you see someone in Antorus pulling 300k on a boss in LFR, that's autoattacking. My mage does more dps than that conjuring a biscuit. Anyway, troll thread is pitiful. If you want LFR play retail. These bait threads need to go, mmo-champion REALLY NEEDS TO GET THEIR MODS TO DO THEIR JOB and shut this crap down.
    Don't judge everyone by your own clearly high standards.. Many people find LFR challenging. The amoint of wipes more than proves my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently so far 90% care to disagree. Thanks for adding that poll
    I'm fair like that

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even interested in classic, and I think this is a stupid idea. The main driving force behind people asking for classic was the restoration of server communities and engagement, even if it meant taking longer to do things. Lfr is the antithesis of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.