Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    What's more important, saying outrageous things and being an jerk, or the actual policy that gets enacted?

To put it another way, I'd rather have a person who says outrageous things and acts like a jerk who passes reasonable or good policy, than a person who says all the right things and is very affable who passes terrible policy.
    Trump has passed one piece of legislation and it wasn't popular. Kind of throws a hole in your argument.

I could point to a lot of good things he's done in my estimation.
    Like sharing Israeli intelligence with Russians in the Oval Office?

: D

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Maybe "policy" is a bit to narrow. I could point to a lot of good things he's done in my estimation.
    The reason so many Americans think he has a lot of 'good' things is exactly what is so funny about all this.
    Only makes the US look even worse lol

Maybe "policy" is a bit to narrow. I could point to a lot of good things he's done in my estimation.
    Like pointing out how there are good people on both sides?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear. He ever gets to 50% overall of all the polls, he will be very hard to beat if the economy remains strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Trump has passed one piece of legislation and it wasn't popular. Kind of throws a hole in your argument.
    No it supports it! Just think of all the bad things he COULD have done, but hasn't!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good to hear. He ever gets to 50% overall of all the polls, he will be very hard to beat if the economy remains strong.
    Nah, I think I have enough fate in the US for it to not get that bad.
    Not that that i'll be surprised if they are stupid enough to re-elect him lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Like pointing out how there are good people on both sides?
    No, not that. Not that at all.

Probably one of the worst things he has said as president. Policy may be more important than bluster in my mind, but as president, that actually inflamed racial discord and was completely unnecessary and disgusting.

yes yes we all know you want brown people exiled, a christian theocracy, all the money given to the rich, and enjoy fraking run off in your drinking water.

Policy may be more important than bluster in my mind, but as president, that actually inflamed racial discord and was completely unnecessary and disgusting.
    Policy like repeatedly threatening to launch a nuclear strike against North Korea?

No, not that. Not that at all.

Probably one of the worst things he has said as president. Policy may be more important than bluster in my mind, but as president, that actually inflamed racial discord and was completely unnecessary and disgusting.
    Oh ok. Wait, what policy?

10+ Year Old Account
    So many options to pick from...

- LULZ Rasmussen. One of the least credible polling out there.
    - Since when are polls real?
    - 50% is still pretty sad even if it was a real number.

Come back to when you aren't being both a hypocrite about polling as well as blatantly obvious about your cherrypicking.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Policy like repeatedly threatening to launch a nuclear strike against North Korea?
    I thought that was overblown. Say what you want about Kim, but let's dispel with this fiction that he doesn't know what he's doing, he knows exactly what he's doing. He's not going to annihilate his country in a full out war over a tweet, and Trump's not hovering his hand over the nuclear button in a tantrum.

Political posturing that neither side took seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Subtract ~10% and that'd be more accurate. No one's falling for you propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    But that page says that ONLY Rasmussen is tracking Trumps approval now! They even say that Gallup has "quit the field", and then ask for money. It's weird, 'cause Gallup still has a poll up that was updated on the 20th and shows Trump at ~37% approval and ~59% disapproval. So SOMEONE must be lying....
    It's the same website that tracked Obama's success rate and everyone agreed with it then.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove.

This is the president’s highest job approval rating since mid-June of last year. President Obama earned 45% approval on this date in the second year of his presidency.

Obama was at a 45% rating during the same month of his presidency.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_feb23
    Fake news. Its 50% of republican not the whole country.

I thought that was overblown. Say what you want about Kim, but let's dispel with this fiction that he doesn't know what he's doing, he knows exactly what he's doing. He's not going to annihilate his country in a full out war over a tweet, and Trump's not hovering his hand over the nuclear button in a tantrum.

Political posturing that neither side took seriously.
    The leader of a developed first world nation, a nation with the single largest nuclear arsenal on the planet, openly threatening to pre-emptively launch a nuclear strike on another nation is overblown?

Are you fucking kidding me right now? You continue to try to present yourself as a "reasonable" conservative but that's not cross the line for you?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It's the same website that tracked Obama's success rate and everyone agreed with it then.
    This is a lie. Rasmussen has been shit on for decades as being a heavily conservative biased, unreliable poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    So many options to pick from...

- LULZ Rasmussen. One of the least credible polling out there.
    - Since when are polls real?
    - 50% is still pretty sad even if it was a real number.

Come back to when you aren't being both a hypocrite about polling as well as blatantly obvious about your cherrypicking.
    I don't agree with polls but I am told they are correct by the lot of you on here so now they're wrong lol par for the course.

The leader of a developed first world nation, a nation with the single largest nuclear arsenal on the planet, openly threatening to pre-emptively launch a nuclear strike on another nation is overblown?

Are you fucking kidding me right now? You continue to try to present yourself as a "reasonable" conservative but that's not cross the line for you?
    He didn't threaten to launch a nuclear strike. It wasn't a great tweet, but they were both posturing. "My gun is bigger than your gun".

He didn't threaten to launch a nuclear strike. It wasn't a great tweet, but they were both posturing. "My gun is bigger than your gun".
    So threatening "fire and fury like never before", hinting at "the calm before the storm" while surrounded by uniformed military leaders, commenting about his "nuclear button" being "much bigger", and the half dozen other more/less direct threats don't count?

I mean, he literally sounded like Kim Jong Un with half his comments and you don't view that as deeply troubling?

At one point in time conservatives actually seemed to care about the character of the PotUS. I guess that doesn't matter anymore.

So threatening "fire and fury like never before", hinting at "the calm before the storm" while surrounded by uniformed military leaders, commenting about his "nuclear button" being "much bigger", and the half dozen other more/less direct threats don't count?

I mean, he literally sounded like Kim Jong Un with half his comments and you don't view that as deeply troubling?
    No it is troubling, but I think it was nothing more than posturing, just as much as Kim's comments weren't in any way reality. Like I said, not good, but definitely overblown as an actual nuclear war threat.