Poll: What is your opinion on Turalyon?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yeah, just what we need, some even more poorly written women and more people dying each expansion before they get a chance to do anything.
    The world disagrees. You snowflake you.

Pre Legion: Awesome character

One of the first Paladins on Azeroth
    Single handedly defeated Ogrim Doomhammer at the base of Blackrock Mountain after witnessing the death of his mentor Anduin Lothar
    Lead the Alliance expedition "Sons of Lothar" through the Dark Portal to stop the Horde from being able to invade other worlds
    Was willing to give his life to destroy the dark portal from Draenor, knowing it would mean he would never be able to return to Azeroth again (He jumped into a random portal at the last moment not knowing where it would take him)

Although i must admit he has been quite boring in Legion, Hopefully he returns to the interesting character he was in BFA once he takes up arms against the Horde once again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I‘d have rathered he’d shown up looking like a hobo like “Guys I lost all my powers. I ain’t shit now. Also my wife was eaten by ogres.”

That would have been an interesting story.
    Mankrik's wife in ally version

They shouldve just left him forgotten and only brought back Alleria instead just for all the cat fights between the sisters.

Turalyon at the moment is such a bland cardboard cutout its impossible for anyone who isnt familar with his lore to get excited about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    He kinda was in the ToD novel where he struggled with his self doubt and had to build his way up towards greatness.

Then in Chronicles, to make way for Legion, they made him a generic action movie hero who never struggles and is a master leader who is the primary reason the Alliance was formed. I love Chronicles, but that change was really, really, stupid.
    Sure you're not confusing Turalyon with his mentor, Anduin Lothar? Cause Lothar was the driving force behind the creation of the original Alliance. Turalyon was just Lothar's understudy until the former died, then he took up the sword (literally).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    You can’t bring in some old ass character after 6 expansions and have him boss everyone around acting like he’s important. We don’t know this fucking guy. Why would we care? Same goes for Alleria. They’re both total shitheads.
    Besides them having giant statues of themselves in Stormwind? Yeah, never heard of them.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Human + Paladin = two massive negatives to the character's ability to be interesting.

Cardboard personality on top of that.

Hate him, bin him.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    He's another example why Blizzard should stop using old characters who served their purpose, but instead they take them into directions nobody actually wants. Turalyon could've simply stayed as a hero who fought off the orcs in the First and Second war, now he's some zealot in shiny gear thinking he accomplishes things.
    I feel pretty much the same. As someone who never played the first two Warcraft games, I have no idea why I should care about who this Turalyon guy is in WoW. They didn't establish him as a distinct character or give him any kind of compelling personality. He's just there because his legacy precedes him. I've got no real reason to dislike Turalyon, I just don't care about him either way, and that's the worst spot for a character to end up in. If they'd put in the work to make him a unique and memorable character I might've gotten invested, but he's little different than any other generic quest giver in Legion. They could've replaced him with any Army of the Light NPC and it wouldn't have made any difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The world disagrees. You snowflake you.
    Thats actually been a fairly common complaint about Martin: he over uses the deaths that he used to use well, and he cant write women worth a shit.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Besides them having giant statues of themselves in Stormwind? Yeah, never heard of them.
    All those statues look the same dude. And how many people played Warcraft 2? I guarantee you the majority of the playerbase doesn't know who the fuck Turalyon was.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Sure you're not confusing Turalyon with his mentor, Anduin Lothar? Cause Lothar was the driving force behind the creation of the original Alliance. Turalyon was just Lothar's understudy until the former died, then he took up the sword (literally).

- - - Updated - - -

Retconned in Chronicles.

Turalyon gave a speech so grand and amazing that it caused the bickering leaders of humanity to ally up when they didnt want to.

I am not exaggerating. Stuff like this happens a few time. Turalyon pretty much sidelines Lothar in Chronicles.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I think what made him interesting was simply not really knowing what was going on with him all that well. Once that is all out in the open to everyone he will just be another talking head that is super powerful but stands around while we do stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turalyon for me is "I don't care". Neither YAY nor hate him.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I like him alright but I don't love him. The only thing I don't particularly like is he's less human paladin now and more draenei vindicator - even if that makes sense with the direction his story went. Just feels like he left us as one character and came back as someone else, which isn't necessarily bad but we didn't get to see the transition take place outside of the limited audio dramas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well not a fan of him, but i do like that he appears in the Arathi Warfront and even fight against Lady Liandrin (like the quotes where he says: "What's this... Horde invaders, with a paladin in command? What has this world come to?", so i would really like to see Turalyon and Alleria rediscover Azeroth)

Yes and I no. I like who he was in the past, and his story becoming a powerful paladin. But I don't like how stuff is with him in Legion in terms of scripted events. Blizzard did a really bad job with Argus and stuff like fighting with Turalyon. He seemed incredibly weak, never should have had a quest where we fight with him. They did nothing in the raid itself. I wish blizz would put more effort into showing how strong and cool some of these NPCs are, rather than just having them stand around 90% of the time.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I liked him back when he wasn't a space wizardin. Though, I knew after TBC that they were just saving Alleria and Turalyon for a bullshit copout and Argus was pretty much the perfect bullshit copout.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

I play on the Turalyon server. I had no clue who the character was, as I don't follow lore at all. I am indifferent.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

i hate the 1000 years crap. Been fightin 10 years again the legion is still a lot of time. 1000 years just remember me the nonsense of WOD and the "only one legion"

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    i gotta admit lorewise i didn't know anything about him before legion, but doing all the argus stuff he's just like meh to me. is he actually cooler?
    He was really cool in Tides of Darkness imo. He was a normal human being, with his doubts. He showed character. And he came to witness his greatest hero fall right before him. And that was so fucking well done. I won't spoil what happens next.

Oh, and he had some really interesting and kind of touching moments in the sequel - Beyond the Dark Portal. His story with Aleria Windrunner and his first interaction with the Naaru (tapping deeply into the Light for the first time).

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I don't care for him. He's just another Human Paladin and they literally killed off Tirion Fordring to make room for him.
    They killed him off so we could loot the Ashbringer.

I thought he was cool in WC2. Total bitch in Legion.