Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    If you take a closer look at it, no, Warriors are as close to Blademasters as, lets say Blood DKs.
    I can't agree, because Warriors have at lease one ability the same as Blademasters, while DKs have nothing in common(besides using two-hand weapons).

Mages have Mirror Image btw, another spell from Blademasters, but they are never compared to the BM (of course).
    Their mirror images are different than BM mirror images, while bladestorm/whirlwind are almost the same.

Blademasters are closer to monks and rogues, the first having Storm, Earth, and fire, and some transmog style that is very similar to the one a Blademaster could use, the last use stealth.
    Storm, Earth, Fire is an ability from Brewmaster Pandaren, not BM.
    Windwalk is totally different than Stealth.

Monks are close spirit wise and I could see Blademasters and Monks have an interesting talk about tactics, technics and fighting in general. also on honor.
    I agree here.

Now, to the Warrior, that looks the closes because he uses 2 handed weapons, but no stealth, no Storm Earth and Fire or Mirror Image. (I do main a Warrior and have him look like a blademaster, still, they are a different thing).
    Warriors - two-handers + whirlwind/bladestorm
    Rogues - nothing, maybe only things is that their main atribute is agility,
    Monks - same case as rogue, but they also have same morals and maybe some T-mogs,
    Mages - nothing

So what I am trying to say is, that a Blademaster should be a class of its own. Having two specs, Dmg and Tank, a nice little story how they are brought into the Horde by Samuro (who still is MIA) or Mankrik (or, for alliance side, how Draenai are trained to be Blademasters)
    I'd rather see Blizzard changing Warrior Arms spec or change Windwalker monks abilities and let them have two-handers.
    Blade Master is not really a case for a different class, more like spec... though nonethelss - I'd like to see them playable in WoW.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    That is nothing compared to DK, Pala and DH. Monks are more dependant on healers... but it's the design. They are less spiky, if well played.
    Now you have me confused. Are you talking about Brewmaster or Windwalker here?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get to throw hands!! But serious I always like the idea of martial artist in a rpg or mmo. When monks came I was happy and still am. That high mobility and high damage was also a plus.

I love Monks and don't seem to have the same arbitrary aversion to the Pandaren as many folks seem to have. I just don't love them as much as other classes I guess.

Bring back early MoP Monk and it'll be played again.

Though current BrM is alright, needs some adjustments but Stagger is a cool mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Their fantasy is pretty boring to me, and they only really work with pandaren.

Dwarves
    . There is something not right but also oh so right with Dwarf Monks if they are BrM.

I actually mained a monk in MoP and beginning of Legion. WW was one of the only actually fun specs early on in legion before other classes caught up by unlocking most of their artifact. Honestly i think the biggest reason most people don't play one because they just cba, as DH the least played class that starts at 100 and is the least played class, a newer class starting at level 1, most people can't be bothered.

Deleted
    I find MW lacking identity. They just don't have that one thing they are known for. As for WW, I generally don't like melee, so it's had for me to even say why I don't bother. Maybe if they had more abilities that would make you feel like every body was king fu fighting... I like rogue DfA, maybe if monks had more things like that.

Deleted
    I main a monk and have since MoP, I also have a level 110 Void Elf monk I recently levelled for the heritage armour and I also have a level 87 monk on a separate server so safe to say I love Monks...

It’s all about the gameplay, the class fantasy doesn’t do much for me. Windwalker is by far the most fun melee spec in the game (in my opinion) it’s fast, agile and the mobility is incredible. I’ve been playing since vanilla and have always gone with melee combat, this is the most fun class having played them all.

Tanking is interesting and different from the other classes, honestly I haven’t tanked at a mythic level so I’m not the best source but again it’s a ton of fun. I can’t speak for healing much as LFR is about the limit I’ve tried, healing jus isn’t for me on any class I don’t enjoy it.

monkaS>Monks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Their fantasy is pretty boring to me, and they only really work with pandaren.
    You must be new to RPGs if you actually think that, Monks are a core RPG staple. Y'all that have some kind of aversion to them are weird.

Well some quality of life would be a good start. Self-healing is not great for WW, and BM's self-healing is also not great and its tanking kit entirely useless solo. Neither excel at anything. I'd rather play other melee or tank specs out in the open world.

Then rotation-wise, I do really like MW and WW. WW is a bit too cooldown-reliant for my taste, but there are worse melee specs. BM is just gimmicky for no apparent reason. Different for the sake of it.

I do love MW. I love the mobility and rotation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I see. Interesting.

Should be interesting to see how things change at 120. They won't be the exciting new thing anymore.

Druid, Paladin, Warrior, hunter and mage are the eternally popular classes. ^^
    Maybe because they have clear (even if archetypical) themes to rely on. WoW monk is just... too much of a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    I find MW lacking identity. They just don't have that one thing they are known for. As for WW, I generally don't like melee, so it's had for me to even say why I don't bother. Maybe if they had more abilities that would make you feel like every body was king fu fighting... I like rogue DfA, maybe if monks had more things like that.
    The 'new class' thing doesn't really work anymore though. Monks have been in the game for years now and so they aren't exactly new.

Also, aside from DK and DH every class has to level from 1 and yet their representation isn't as low as monks has been consistently.

Pretty sure rogues are the least played class, not monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Brewmaster is very interesting and fun to play, if I was going to amp that up even more I feel like I would add a little more depth in terms of soaking people in alcohol and lighting them on fire, maybe even just visually.

2) I mist miss when you could layers spells on top of each other with Mistweaving. I thought it was a really cool concept and I wish they'd stuck with it. Channeling soothing mist and doing so making other spells react differently is compelling to me.

3) Let Holy Paladins have their "melee range healer" niche and make Mistweavers more ranged. I'd prefer instead of melee offensive abilities to have ranged ones. EG, "choking fog" and stuff like that. Make crackling jade lightning their main offensive spell or at least relevant.

4) Expand on their fantasy. I'm totally down with Pandaren being the foremost progenitors of the monk way of life and being the ones who spread the class to new races, but I'd like to see talents and abilities here and there that reflect monks from different races, like the holy brand of monk you see in places like Scarlet Monastery. It's odd that you see such wild differentiating in game with paladins but doing so with monks hasn't occurred. We even had vrykul monks this expac and there wasn't any real building into that, they just happen to know who the august celestials are? Err okay.

4) I'd like to see monk be made one of the staple classes, like warrior and hunter. Every race can be warriors and hunters, and only goblins worgen and zandalari can't be monks. Has nothing to do with wanting to be a zandalari monk, I swear.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2018-02-24 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    You must be new to RPGs if you actually think that, Monks are a core RPG staple. Y'all that have some kind of aversion to them are weird.
    I'm not playing another RPG. I'm playing World of Warcraft. How do monks fit any other race in WoW?

I mained a MW for roughly through nighthold and ToS and their utility is shit. I really liked that soothing mist was castable while running around. Revival was one of my favorite spells cause they had a huge dragon come out but it got nerf'd to shit and wasnt even good like a druid's tranq.

The one thing I miss the most about playing MW was the crack bird.

I'm not playing another RPG. I'm playing World of Warcraft. How do monks fit any other race in WoW?
    How do they not? Ya that's what I thought you don't have any actual reasoning here, you just hate Pandaren and associate everything about the Monk with them. To be fair Blizzard hasn't done a whole lot to break that identity for the class, but the truth is that most players just never gave them a chance. And now that they're been totally reamed and gutted and lost a whole lot of what made them unique from the awesome state they were in MOP and WOD you definitely won't touch them and Blizzard will do very little to appease the few players that play the class.

I mean, I wasn't a big fan of Pandaren either, so I don't play them. There was absolutely nothing wrong with them at all as far as being a thing in game tho. Some of you people go entirely too far with this shit. Also there is no definitive theme to WOW, it has always mix and matched things from all kinds of sources, absolutely nothing remotely crazy about having a more Asian influenced expansion. What would be crazy is never having anything new.

Whatever the case is I guarantee you that if Monks had started out at a higher level and been given Hero Class status it'd be a completely different story. Truth is that there was heavy backlash for Pandaren from the community and Monks just got thrown into the mix with that and never recovered. People didn't want to level up a new Pandaren and so they didn't want to level a Monk either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Pretty sure rogues are the least played class, not monks.

Pretty sure you are right about that, there are hardly any rogues to be seen in this game these days honestly. It's funny too because rogues (especially assassination) are one of the strongest and easiest classes to use for a beginner, you'd think more people would want to play them.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-02-24 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    The 'new class' thing doesn't really work anymore though. Monks have been in the game for years now and so they aren't exactly new.

Also, aside from DK and DH every class has to level from 1 and yet their representation isn't as low as monks has been consistently.
    I think you're quoting the wrong post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Blademaster is part of the arms spec tbh
    Ok, so I try a different approach to explain, why I think the arms warrior is not a Blademaster
    While I agree that the Arms Warrior is the tactician of the Warrior specs, he still is nowhere near the skill of a Blademaster. Also, I think a Gladiator spec would be a better fit for a 4th spec.
    First, lets look at the warrior. He wears full body plate armor. He is heavy, still agile, but again, the Blademaster is like the wind (even has Windwalk as a ability, still, a different thing than the monk)
    Warrior has one ability, as mentioned, that is Bladestorm. Though I think it would be easy to take that away and give it to the Blademaster because warriors have enough multi target abilities (being cleave and sweeping strikes) they both could co exist, but I would prefer it to be at the Blademasters toolkit (I also think that Blizz gave Bladestorm to the Warrior because its a cool ability and there are no Blademasters as playable class.) I will also not doubt, that there is a possibility of the Warrior getting a 4th spec to be a Blademaster. But look at a Warrior now and then at a Blademaster. They look totally different, and sets or armor would not work the same way for both classes.
    Warriors bash, stab and hack, but Blademasters, they dance, hit hard and fast.
    Now, a look at the Blademaster. If you are interested, take a look at the abilities of Samuro from HotS. Great template in my opinion.
    Windwalk. Very un Warrior like.
    Mirror Image. Not seen in the Warrior toolkit
    they use little body armor, use stealth and speed, uses hit and run, more of an assassin than a fighter.

So I agree that Blademasters start as Warriors, but Blademaster has so much potential to be its own class. Both specs I would suggest are working with the theme, the skills and the abilities. Being Tank and DMG. It worked great for the Demon Hunter, and I think wow would benefit from such a class. Maybe it could even be Orc only. That would be very interesting. But, Its more likely that Blizz will give a class that has the same utility to the alliance (Like Warden) or have Draenai become Blademasters as well (via Lantresor of the Blade).
    The visual style is very unique, only monk gear comes close, still, different. And there are some npcs to create some more lore for the Blademaster. Have Samuro return, recruit Mankrik, maybe the AU Burning Blade Clan.

I have playe Samuro in HotS and I think it could be a great unique class.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)