Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

nudity in violent movies

Are you ok with nudity in violent movies? Like horror movies?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I don't see why not. Not like nudity is any worse than violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, if it fits. Not just there for the "Haha boobs!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Bonus points if the monster rips a titty off
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Ah, America.

Where violence, blood and murder is perfectly fine but my god if you dare to show a nipple the mind of our young will be tainted forever.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    its tropey as all hell but it's fine :P

What would a good horror movie be without a couple boning downtown upstairs while the murderer watches on preparing to strike :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Ah, America.

Where violence, blood and murder is perfectly fine but my god if you dare to show a nipple the mind of our young will be tainted forever.
    Sad but true

10+ Year Old Account
    so it is ok to kill ppl, but not to show some skin ?
    i'm not sure what is more fucked up, that killing is more ok than nudity, or that idea is actually accepted for many ppl
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

It feels trashy. Like they put it in purely to capture the 10-14 year old without the internet demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Really? You made a thread about nudity in films? Is this the 80s?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    It feels trashy. Like they put it in purely to capture the 10-14 year old without the internet demographic.
    Because people are never naked in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i'm not sure what is more fucked up, that killing is more ok than nudity, or that idea is actually accepted for many ppl
    Only here in American mostly. I was very surprised to see how relaxed most countries are when it comes to nudity. Especially Italy, where I regularly saw clothing advertisements with topless ~12 year olds in them. It made me very uncomfortable because that stuff would get your life completely ruined in America.

I don't even think nipples should be considered nudity in this day and age. Honestly, all nudity (in non-sexual situations) is no big deal, everyone has a body and everybody knows what a male or female looks like. I wish America would get their head out of their ass and realize that.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2018-02-24 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post

Because people are never naked in real life?
    Talking about real life in a movie where ghosts kill people is pretty retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    Only here in American mostly. I was very surprised to see how relaxed most countries are when it comes to nudity (especially Italy, where I regularly saw underwear/clothing posters in stores with topless ~12 year olds on). Came as a complete shock because here in American, just having that picture could get your life completely ruined.

I remain my chance that a nipple never hurt anyone. I don't even think nipples should be considered nudity in this day and age.
    I wonder what kind of "shops" you visit there but i never saw something like that in italy.
    But its normal to see tits on TV in the EU, even at 12 am and when you call it docu or art you can show everything.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2018-02-24 at 09:13 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I feel the same way about violence and nudity, they should only be there if there a reason for them to be there pointless nudity or violence adds nothing to a movie game show ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Talking about real life in a movie where ghosts kill people is pretty retarded.
    You gonna go with the "omg theres ghosts who cares about reality!!?!!?" debate??

Yeah why should anyone want to make the experience more immersive by trying to be realistic. And why should art stay consistent with its internal rules. I mean if you're gonna have ghosts all bets are off and you can do whatever you like right? People in the movie can fly, because why not. It doesnt need to be explained we have ghosts!!!

Please, that kinda logic is completely retarded and anytime someone spews such nonsense it makes it incredibly easy to dismiss you have any point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I wonder what kind of "shops" you visit there but i never saw something like that in italy.
    But its normal to see tits on TV in the EU, even at 12 am and when you call it docu or art you can show everything.
    They were all over, even in store fronts (behind the glass you can see from outside). The first one I saw I was just walking along the road, turn my head and BOOM. Nearly fell on my ass.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2018-02-24 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    We stigmatize nudity way too much. there is nothing bad about the human body. i think nudity should be way more normalized than it is, especially outside of sexual situations. we take violence too lightly and make too big of a deal out of nudity and sexuality.

Seeing as 90% of all american horror movies are about, or at least includes, dumb teenages who walks straight into danger, you can expect that nudity, or a least a topeless scene, has become like one of the ground pillars for american horror genre.

No! That scene in Silent Hill where the monster rips her skin off? Perfectly fine. The monster ripping her dress off before ripping her skin off? Unacceptable!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    There is a big difference. Seeing someone get shot in a movie doesnt make people want to go out and shoot someone. Seeing a nude sex scene makes a lot of younger people get horny and want to have sex, and kids shouldnt be wanting to have sex