Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would prefer if they stick to only Green orcs can be warlocks.

DK: No
    Druid: No
    Hunter: Yes
    Mage: probably no
    Monk: probably yes, since blizz are using the logic that all alied races are new recruits in the horde and there are monk trainers in most of horde cities
    Paladin: No
    Priest: maybe, dunno if shadowmoon clan had priests
    Rogue: Yes, shattered hand clan had a shitton of rogues, assassins etc.
    Shaman: yes, thats a nobrainer
    Warlock: more No than Yes
    Warrior: Look at shaman
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-02-23 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I really like this. Maybe allow Shattered Hand,Frostwolf,Bleeding Hollow,Warsong into Warrior also. Shadowmoon Priests are a must.

I don't understand how any of you can entertain the idea of Mag'har Warlocks. Ever play WoD? WCIII?
    Blizzard is as Blizzard does.

Kek, gotta love how every new race is "Well, all classes are either likely, or possible... except DK's, nothing for DK's."

They really have to rework the damned WOTLK-relic that is the DK starting zone, and make it cannon that DK's are being raised still like we did with the DK Order Hall campaign.

Warrior
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Mage

Guaranteed - Warrior, shaman, hunter, rogue
    Probably - monk
    Slight chance - Priest
    no chance - mage, warlock, demon hunter, druid, paladin, death knight.

The way they'll do classes for the mag'har orcs will be interesting. Most of the clans would likely share the same classes, but some of the clans have classes that the other clans do not. MU orc clans and their classes will also be touched upon. Without further ado, let's get started. I'll try and keep this short and sweet.

The first thing we know is that the mag'har orcs have access to brown and gray skin colors. Brown represents literally every orc clan that didn't drink demon blood and gray represents the Blackrock, Dragonmaw, Laughing Skull and the Shattered Hand (though their skin is more white).

-Death knight/Demon hunter: Not happening.
    -Druids: Highly unlikely, but there's a very, very slim chance.
    -Hunters: The Thunderlord clan is renowned for their skilled hunters and the Frostwolf also have hunters in their ranks. In the MU, the Blackrock and Dragonmaw also have hunters.
    -Mages: Only the Blackrock and fel-corrupted Shadowmoon have been shown to have types of mages in their ranks.
    -Monks: I'm neutral on mag'har monks; they'll likely happen.
    -Paladins: We've never seen orc paladins in any way, shape or form.
    -Priests: We've seen some shadow priests and "regular" priests in the various orc clans; orc priests are mainly seen in the Shadowmoon and Blackrock clan.
    -Rogues: The Shattered Hand are famous for being assassins and even the Bleeding Hollow clan uses somewhat rogueish tactics (hiding in the trees, ect).
    -Shaman: Every orc clan, both MU and AU have shaman in their ranks.
    -Warlocks: Every MU orc clan on Azeroth can be warlocks, but brown orcs refused demon blood and were safe from corruption.
    -Warriors: Literally every orc clan, both MU and AU have warriors in them. Many major orc lore characters are warriors.

Finalized classes: hunter, mage, monk, priest, rogue, shaman, warlock, warrior. (8 classes)

7+ Year Old Account
    Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Monk, Shaman, maybe Priest.

I really don't know how much different these orcs could get
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mag'har should be Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Shaman, Monk (with a stretch).

They are orc traditionnalists to the core. There were no priests in pre-Horde orcish society, nor mages. As for warlocks, I get that you have warlocks in races that overtly shun demonic magic (like humans), but the mag'har's origin was precisely their rejection of Gul'dan and fel magic. It would be illogical for them to have warlocks.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Kek, gotta love how every new race is "Well, all classes are either likely, or possible... except DK's, nothing for DK's."

They really have to rework the damned WOTLK-relic that is the DK starting zone, and make it cannon that DK's are being raised still like we did with the DK Order Hall campaign.
    i would love if they would do that.

do it for both dk and dh. a shorter starting experience that just teaches you the basics in a training scenario basically.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post

They are orc traditionnalists to the core. There were no priests in pre-Horde orcish society, nor mages. As for warlocks, I get that you have warlocks in races that overtly shun demonic magic (like humans), but the mag'har's origin was precisely their rejection of Gul'dan and fel magic. It would be illogical for them to have warlocks.
    just like it would be illogical to normal orcs have warlocks, but they have it anyway

the draenor orcs will not be, but because blizzard want to restrict the options, cause "renegade warlocks" or warlocks who live in secret, can exist in any race, even more with a race like orcs

Mages is a trick one, they can be and can't be, warlocks who reject the fel and start to using the arcane, or orcs who learn from the Mages of Goria. But they will not be, because "there are no orc clans focused on mages blablabla" and again, how blizz like to restrict options

Priest is another trick one, even if there is no priest in actual orc society ( more because of gameplay restrictions, since the shadowmoon clan remnants are horde) the shadowmoon clan in WoD was heavy represented with their void/shadow magic, if they want to compensate the lack of mage and warlocks they could give priests to then

Like people said, Warrior, shaman, hunter and rogues are guaranteed, Monk is a high possibility, since even nightborne and highmountain can be, and pandarens are presented in WoD a long time ago

Priest is a possibility

DH, paladin, mage, warlock and DK are a no (even if there is Brown orcs dks like Dranosh, but sadly they are not from outland)

Druid is unlikely, since the horde already had 2 new druids, and the flowerpicker clan is not part of the gameplay directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean Warlocks have found their way into all kinds of races where they reasonably should be arrested and instantly killed. AKA every race except Blood Elves and Forsaken.

We know there were warlocks active on Draenor, seems like plenty excuse to have a remnant of the Shadow Council teaching willing Orcs how to control demons.
    Playable Warlocks are usually in league with the authorities however, trading their skills to the Alliance/Horde for some amount of acceptance. At the very least the Horde clearly knew about the going ons in the Cleft of Shadows and Thrall let them be.

The objection to Mag'har Warlocks is more that it's unlikely that many of them were exposed to anyone with Warlock powers to begin with, any Warlock on Draenor probably sided with Gul'dan during WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    just like it would be illogical to normal orcs have warlocks, but they have it anyway
    [...]
    Normal orcs having warlocks is perfectly logical since there were warlocks in the Orcish Horde that invaded Azeroth. Both under Blackhand as Warchief (obviously) and Orgrim Doomhammer. The Mag'har, however, are a splinter group that was formed precisely because they rejected fel magic and demons. It makes no sense at all for them to be warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    The way they'll do classes for the mag'har orcs will be interesting. Most of the clans would likely share the same classes, but some of the clans have classes that the other clans do not. MU orc clans and their classes will also be touched upon. Without further ado, let's get started. I'll try and keep this short and sweet.

The first thing we know is that the mag'har orcs have access to brown and gray skin colors. Brown represents literally every orc clan that didn't drink demon blood and gray represents the Blackrock, Dragonmaw, Laughing Skull and the Shattered Hand (though their skin is more white).

-Death knight/Demon hunter: Not happening.
    -Druids: Highly unlikely, but there's a very, very slim chance.
    -Hunters: The Thunderlord clan is renowned for their skilled hunters and the Frostwolf also have hunters in their ranks. In the MU, the Blackrock and Dragonmaw also have hunters.
    -Mages: Only the Blackrock and fel-corrupted Shadowmoon have been shown to have types of mages in their ranks.
    -Monks: I'm neutral on mag'har monks; they'll likely happen.
    -Paladins: We've never seen orc paladins in any way, shape or form.
    -Priests: We've seen some shadow priests and "regular" priests in the various orc clans; orc priests are mainly seen in the Shadowmoon and Blackrock clan.
    -Rogues: The Shattered Hand are famous for being assassins and even the Bleeding Hollow clan uses somewhat rogueish tactics (hiding in the trees, ect).
    -Shaman: Every orc clan, both MU and AU have shaman in their ranks.
    -Warlocks: Every MU orc clan on Azeroth can be warlocks, but brown orcs refused demon blood and were safe from corruption.
    -Warriors: Literally every orc clan, both MU and AU have warriors in them. Many major orc lore characters are warriors.

Finalized classes: hunter, mage, monk, priest, rogue, shaman, warlock, warrior. (8 classes)
    You're smoking crack if you believe they'll get warlocks or priests (even monks are a stretch).

- - - Updated - - -

AU Draenor has Orc Mages.

- - - Updated - - -

Normal orcs having warlocks is perfectly logical since there were warlocks in the Orcish Horde that invaded Azeroth. Both under Blackhand as Warchief (obviously) and Orgrim Doomhammer. The Mag'har, however, are a splinter group that was formed precisely because they rejected fel magic and demons. It makes no sense at all for them to be warlocks.
    MU orcs having warlocks has more to do with the "rule of cool," i.e. they wanted to fill the Gul'dan fantasy when they launched the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    AU Draenor has Orc Mages.
    Hum... I do not remember that. MU Orcs didn't though. In Rise of the Horde, the orcs were surprised with Draenei arcane magic.

MU orcs having warlocks has more to do with the "rule of cool," i.e. they wanted to fill the Gul'dan fantasy when they launched the game.
    Well, yes of course, but it's still easily explainable in game. Orgrim was not fond of warlocks either, but he was not foolish enough to reject those who submitted to him. Same with Thrall.

Druid should be an unlockable legendary class for them after you gain exalted with the Flowerpicker clan

I feel like people are forgetting that Draenor orcs had a lot of mages. They were all over the place in the prepatch.

Basically confirmed are the main three, Rogue, Hunter, Warrior, then Shaman because that's their whole deal.

Maybes are Monk, Mage, and Priest, depending on if they do what they did with NB/HM, if they remember the WoD lore, and if they decide to add Shadowmoon orcs into the mix.

No's are Paladin, Warlock, Druid, and DK, because they dont really fit the race, or just dont work with the timeline. As much as I'd love to see orc druids.

Hunter, Rogue, Shaman, and Warrior.

The thing with allied races seems to be they only get the classes, that make the most sense thematically speaking. Priests just don't make any sense, because orcs have always been shamanistic society.

Hum... I do not remember that. MU Orcs didn't though. In Rise of the Horde, the orcs were surprised with Draenei arcane magic.
    It was a condition of surrender for the Highmaul ogres to teach orcs magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    It was a condition of surrender for the Highmaul ogres to teach orcs magic.

Highmaul? It happened in WoD then. So it does not apply to Mag'har Orcs.