Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    You say what 5th gen n link an article that says 5th gen in its title? Reported.
    5th gen on paper, reality? not so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Get the Armenians in on it, I'm sure they'd happily get involved as well.
    india has been whining for years, they aren't the ones that are building the jet or providing any sort of expertise, they keep making new demands n have for years wanted a 2-seat plane. But, they have never pulled out of the project. Have seen plenty of articles declaring india is leaving the project, year after year, well, why don't they?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    5th gen on paper, reality? not so much.
    Yes, very much 5th gen, go cry in a corner about it.

Btw the article writes,
    Nevertheless, a panel instated by the Indian Ministry of Defense, headed by retired Air Marshal Simhakutty Varthaman, purportedly recommended in August 2017 that the project, despite its high cost, proceed.
    Btw the jet has a new engine, I supposed the article was going to have issues about the jet but there was hardly any mention of it.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-02-25 at 05:30 PM.

india has been whining for years, they aren't the ones that are building the jet or providing any sort of expertise, they keep making new demands n have for years wanted a 2-seat plane. But, they have never pulled out of the project. Have seen plenty of articles declaring india is leaving the project, year after year, well, why don't they?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, very much 5th gen, go cry in a corner about it.

Btw the article writes,

Btw the jet has a new engine, I supposed the article was going to have issues about the jet but there was hardly any mention of it.
    Ah alright, no analogous system in the universe, Russia is ridiculously behind on it's electronics but if it makes you happy call it a 5th gen

Nevertheless, a panel instated by the Indian Ministry of Defense, headed by retired Air Marshal Simhakutty Varthaman, purportedly recommended in August 2017 that the project, despite its high cost, proceed.

heh

Deleted
    Ah alright, no analogous system in the universe, Russia is ridiculously behind on it's electronics but if it makes you happy call it a 5th gen
    Plz tell us all what you know about its electronics.

heh
    Can't you read?

Plz tell us all what you know about its electronics.

Can't you read?
    The fact that they can't develop a proper drone is more than enough to know they are not capable of making the insides for a 5th gen fighter, easy as that.

Deleted
    Reported, again, you are obviously talking nonsense and they have plenty of drones.
    https://sputniknews.com/military/201...ke-drone-2018/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_Skat
    http://defence-blog.com/news/russia-...maks-2017.html

What is a "proper drone" btw? Most of ur drones hit civilians more than terrorists.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-02-25 at 06:26 PM.

Reported, again, you are obviously talking nonsense and they have plenty of drones.

What is a "proper drone" btw? Most of ur drones hit civilians more than terrorists.

Who are you going to report when SU-57 is going to be blown out of the sky without knowing who and from where? heh, old SU skeleton with a few tweaks and by all means worse stealth air frame, just like their tanks a re fit of the old T-72's.

Go on, report again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    Just heard this news and i am wtf. Turkey got permission by russia to invade into syria. Syria is supported by Russia. Kurds are supported by the USA mainly....now they collobarate against Nato Turkey comon this must be a sick joke lol.

source: http://orf.at/stories/2426927/
    While my German ain’t awful, I’d like to have another source for this. I’ve no idea what Orf is.

Deleted
    Who are you going to report when SU-57 is going to be blown out of the sky without knowing who and from where? heh, old SU skeleton with a few tweaks and by all means worse stealth air frame, just like their tanks a re fit of the old T-72's.

Go on, report again
    I'll be putting you on ignore since you are only capable of making one-liners.

Don't talk about 5th gen when you cannot say anything about it, btw Russia is making a 2nd stealth jet, the Mig41

as for drones, you don't know much about them, hell even artillery comes with them.

and then there's development of submarine drones armed with nukes

Don't talk about 5th gen when you cannot say anything about it, btw Russia is making a 2nd stealth jet, the Mig41

as for drones, you don't know much about them, hell even artillery comes with them.

RT, VESTI, okay lol, you forgot ZVEZDA and REN TV.

Deleted
    I hope you are not replying to me, since like I said I can't see your post, but then again like you proved with the indians, reading isn't your strength

Oh hey look, its pissing match about who has the bestest plane! I am not sure what it has to do with Syrian Army supporting kurds (except in fantasy dogfights between Su-57 and F-35 over Syria), but oh well, I'll put my two cents here.
    It does NOT matter how good or better than F-22 and F-35 it might be (or is, if that makes you feel better, whatever). It does not. What does matter is that there are 10 flying prototypes versus 3+ times more F-35's in USA service (with 260+ made overall) and ~180 F-22's.
    There is not going to be 100 Su-57 this year. There is not going to be 100 in next one too. It's basically guaranteed that there won't be 100 planes in service 3 years from now on and most likely even more. How many F-35 there are going to be after 3 years, though?

Same as with Armata. Russia potentially has one advantage over NATO, which is the amount of main battle tanks. However, majority of those are T-72 in multiple variants. Most of those haven't been upgraded to the latest and greatest - T-72B3 and all of them won't be anyway. Read, they have crapload of old tanks, without modern targeting systems (which in war would end oh so well...) and armed with decades old ammunition (pretty sure that Mango is still in use as main ammo). It will take A LOT of time to rearm at least half of them to T-14's, more than decade for sure, most likely two, it takes manufacturing capacity which does not exist anymore. Russia is not USSR which could stamp tanks like hotcakes.
    Note - I am not counting T-55/T-62/T-64. All of them are in reserves since 2014, IIRC, and are being actively sold off to other countries. Even with them T-72 still takes half of the total tank forces.
    You do not want to meet M1A2/L2A6/whatever in T-72xxx. You just don't.

I will not argue whether Su-57 is the bestest stealth 5th gen plane ever made (though I have my doubts about it's radar crossection). However, USA has decades and decades of actual experience, of using stealth planes in war. Russia does not. Catching up just in "few" years? Decide on your own how possible that is.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Nah dont make it like that, the Middle East is actually super pretty and I'd love to see it. Just get rid of the Muslim bit.
    When most Muslims have been eradicated, what are you going to do to the ethnic "western" Muslims? The converts. The blonde ones who look like you. Wipe them off the face of the earth too? Gotta be consistent right? Can't backtrack or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by blobthebob View Post
    When most Muslims have been eradicated, what are you going to do to the ethnic "western" Muslims? The converts. The blonde ones who look like you. Wipe them off the face of the earth too? Gotta be consistent right? Can't backtrack or anything.
    Ethnic Muslims aren't a thing.

But yeah. Infact, I'll just eliminate everyone that isn't me. And probs myself too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, because Russia can really afford all of those right now.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

The SAA doesn't want the Hatay scenario to repeat itself when it comes to Afrin and Idlib. Syria was a victim of Turkish landgrabbing once before and landgrabbing is what the whole operation looks like. Russia demands territorial integrity for Syria on paper, but we all know that the land won't be given back; at least not untill Assad steps down and even then it's a stretch to go by. This is why I believe the SAA is trying to act on it's own, but is essentially powerless as Russia sold a piece of Syria out to Turkey by greenlighting this invasion; it is hard for me to believe that Russia is naive enough to not understand that the land taken won't be given back. Russia is simply trying to play around with a rift between Turkey and the US, hoping to further isolate them from eachother, but we all know that won't work. What will essentially happen is that Syria loses more land.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-02-26 at 06:54 PM.

Yeah shithole in Syria is all Turkey desires. I mean if it was Latakia, I could understand but fucking Afrin, al-bab and Idlib...giant shitholes with the least educated populace on earth. No, we do not want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    So Syria is Russia backed and Turkey NATO backed. That's just great.
    How bout we kik Turkey from NATO and focus only on our own affairs from now on?
    Agreed, it's just a scumcountry now ran by a dictator.

NATO has no kicking mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    For a non-violent solution, you either need to convince certain Kurds within Turkey to be okay with having cultural rights, but no autonomy over the land or convince Turks to be okay with federal solution/separation. I don't see it happening.
    I would think getting more representation would lessen the calls for autonomy somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The SAA doesn't want the Hatay scenario to repeat itself when it comes to Afrin and Idlib. Syria was a victim of Turkish landgrabbing once before and landgrabbing is what the whole operation looks like. Russia demands territorial integrity for Syria on paper, but we all know that the land won't be given back; at least not untill Assad steps down and even then it's a stretch to go by. This is why I believe the SAA is trying to act on it's own, but is essentially powerless as Russia sold a piece of Syria out to Turkey by greenlighting this invasion; it is hard for me to believe that Russia is naive enough to not understand that the land taken won't be given back. Russia is simply trying to play around with a rift between Turkey and the US, hoping to further isolate them from eachother, but we all know that won't work. What will essentially happen is that Syria loses more land.
    I doubt Turkey wants it. Syrians barely want it.

Assad has to play nice with the Kurds though. Once Turkey leaves, they still have to be dealt with and he can’t afford to fight on another front. I’m sure he also hopes that the Kurds will want revenge against the Turkish-backed Syrian opposition.