Page 67 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey303 View Post
    "We are broken.

The light of Rezan has left us. Only a handful of those that followed the great king of the loa will have any sort of power, and even they are suspect.

Our life was devotion itself. Now who do we become?"

By the High Prelate after the Zandalari quests. What do you all think this means for our hopes?
    Blizzard isn't blind. This is their way of saying for now no Zandalari paladins. Things could change in the future but I'd say it'd be a soon™ thing if ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey303 View Post
    "We are broken.

The light of Rezan has left us. Only a handful of those that followed the great king of the loa will have any sort of power, and even they are suspect.

Our life was devotion itself. Now who do we become?"

By the High Prelate after the Zandalari quests. What do you all think this means for our hopes?
    I see two possibilities:

1. Blizzard so badly wants to deny players access to this class/race option that they went through a bunch of extra effort to reinforce their place in the canon, just as a backdoor to surgically remove them from the canon. "Why, yes, there are Zandalari paladins. See, here they are! Oops, they're all gone now. So sorry."

2. They're going to do the smart thing and actually give players the options they want that are already supported by established lore, and part of the Zandalari Allied Race storyline will involve helping the Prelates regain their connection to the Light, perhaps by restoring the ancient order of Freethinkers.

One option involves Blizzard doing a lot of work to take away something fun. The other involves doing literally no work and letting players have what they want.

Given Blizzard's track record, I'll let you guess which one is more likely to happen (hint: no fun allowed).

Blizzard you magnificent bastards.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    but the players are not merely recruits though

you would exist before this incident, and would stay with your powers

Besides, any other loa could give this powers, again, its a bad excuse to piss of players "yeah they exist, but this crazy thing happened waow, so you cant be one, sucker"
    Yes, New player characters (minus dks and dhs) are always New recruits

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

This is what you get for nagging at Blizz. They added Troll paladins, then killed them.

Ion forcing his agenda continues.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

What is the actual harm in giving players access to race/class combo that so many people want? I don't get why they went through the effort to go and find a story reason to deny players Zandalari paladins if they're gonna say they exist in lore.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Worst thing about this whole thing, is when you consider gnome hunters in Legion. Blizzard admitted that they only added them because people wanted them (something I'd never seen or heard), but Zandalari paladin?! Fuck no! Despite how many people want it...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=282240/p...adins-spoilers Aw shit! Apparently the Order is dead and gone after the whole incident in Zuldazar
    Is there a screenshot?

Im not against it...BUT seeing as how those trolls look so damn good compared to everything else ally gets... let hordies complain they cant be troll pallys imo lol
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

well there's blizzards half ass excuse as to why no paladins
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    well there's blizzards half ass excuse as to why no paladins
    Or it's involved in the restoration of Zandalar.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Or it's involved in the restoration of Zandalar.
    there doesn't need to be a restoration of prelates though that's the thing

it's entirely pointless, the whole thing is set up so blizzard can give a "lore" excuse when in reality they just wanted to keep shamans for horde and paladins for alliance for the new races to give that vanilla feel

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Im not against it...BUT seeing as how those trolls look so damn good compared to everything else ally gets... let hordies complain they cant be troll pallys imo lol
    BabyRage Hordies get something good, BabyRage, let the Hodires cry BabyRage

- - - Updated - - -

there doesn't need to be a restoration of prelates though that's the thing

it's entirely pointless, the whole thing is set up so blizzard can give a "lore" excuse when in reality they just wanted to keep shamans for horde and paladins for alliance for the new races to give that vanilla feel
    i love this vanilla feels, like add a night elf for the horde, and let a Dead high elf be warchief, thats a good vanilla feels right here

Ok now I'm really annoyed.

They said before that they will add classess to races that make sense lorewise.

They added those NPCs to show us that they're a thing, that they're in fact holy warriors.

So they acknowledged that there is a high demand for this combination that makes sense and has it's on unique setting.

But they go through extra effort to not make it playable by throwing at us uninspiring story to be done with it.

Why? Is it because Ion was nostalgic and wanted to go with vanilla theme that pallies for Alliance and shaman for Horde? But what about racial fantasy? '

But let's get down to business and analyse it one by one.

So apparently entire order is broken because Rezan was meant to be killed.

That is peculiar considering that before High prelate Rata emphasised that they're meant to serve any loa. So Not just Rezan.

Secondly, Rezan is Wild God, so he will likely reborn in emerald dream just like Cenarius. Hakkar was also meant to be slain, and just like Cenarius he came back for Cataclysm. I'd also point out that in Hinterlands there was a quest to summon and kill Shadra, and guess what? She is all fine, he high priestess appeared in ToT and was still drawing powers, and she also was communing with Vol'Jin in his novel.

Rezan can still be present in etheral form, after his physical form was slain and gran Prelates powers.

And lastly - Holy warriors are meant to get power by their faith, it was faith in light (in Zandalari's case it's Loa) that they gain powers. So they should get powers regarless if Rezan's physical form is gone.

I can even come up with a scenario to actually restore the order just like that, hear me out :

Once Prelates learn that their deity is gone ALL of them unite and pray to the Loa to honor him, during the event their devotion, loyalty and faith combined are so strong that they restore the Loa back to power, to show that it was their faith that granted loa powers back.

Just like Zen'Tabra said "The Loa be giving, and it be taking away". (or something like that)

Prelate in their darkest moments would show their true devotion here. It would also show the rule that God is as powerful as many devoted followers he has.

We could get "reversed Ysera cinematic" even. The remains of physical Deity are setting ablaze and the Loa is reborn, process that usually takes time due to support of loyal followers was able to be brought back in it's uncorrupted form.

Blizzard you can hire me for writer team

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Well you're welcome to play them too, it's not like you're not allowed. I'll be playing both factions in BfA, and will likely roll Dark Iron too.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2018-02-25 at 08:15 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Bartering. The next stage of grief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Why can't they just call out which classes their new fancy races will have instead of keeping people guessing?

It's the WoW team's most annoying trait and now it's really taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Why can't they just call out which classes their new fancy races will have instead of keeping people guessing?

It's actually very strange we have gotten zero info on both races, are they trying to do some in game surprise or something? Both are already so far a long in dev the fact that they released zero info on it is just.... weird.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post

there is a lawyer in charge of WoW now. expect this crap alot now
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    It's actually very strange we have gotten zero info on both races, are they trying to do some in game surprise or something? Both are already so far a long in dev the fact that they released zero info on it is just.... weird.
    It's the WoW team's trademark shit-tier PR. They never give people the general idea about class changes besides "we're looking at X and Y" and we have to wait until the PTR before we can tell what the hell Blizzard is actually thinking.