Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Boy, the Dems are really praying for Mueller's investigation to come up with a big W for them, to get so hyphy over what's a 6-8 month delay at most.
    So far, it has been a big W for us. 4 Americans admitting guilt, all of them working for Mueller now squeezing the nuts of Manafort and scaring the shit out of everyone higher than them. 13 Russian indictments, Manafort basically going to jail for the rest of his life on the more than what? 3 or 4 dozen charges pending against him? If Trump pardons him, Manafort can still be fucked in state charges for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Pretty sure you people keep confusing Dreamers with standard illegal immigration.

Dreamers are basically Americans and are an incredibly tiny subsection of illegal immigrants.
    You realize that other countries generally don't even have birthright citizenship, right? We're the most generous guys around, to our peril, and yet Dreamers are "basically Americans".

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    You realize that other countries generally don't even have birthright citizenship, right? We're the most generous guys around, to our peril, and yet Dreamers are "basically Americans".
    "To our peril."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    wonder who Trump will scapegoat this time.
    "Activist judges" is probably the buzz word on this one.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep mentioning in different words and alluding to this "peril" yet have produced not one source of what this peril is other than empty conjecture and shown a regrettably faulty understanding of basic economics.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Sounds like the Prez has had a little too much soy in his diet recently...losing like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valizix View Post
    No rubbish are liberal courts determining 1 President doesn't have the authority to reverse the executive order of another President. In the end SCOTUS will side with Trump and Democrats will be left with nothing.
    Today I learned that everything that disagrees with the conservative agenda are "liberal courts" including justices appointed by a previous Republican president lol. It's adorable you guys have to rely on a one-sided Supreme Court with an utterly biased justice to even pass whatever identity politics of the month you guys have picked to rail against .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Because there's now way more competition from non-US citizens on American soil. This drives wages down in every place but the fantasy land of the Left.

At least it's good for our corporate overlords.

- - - Updated - - -

See above. Next time I vote we bring in mass immigration to take your job.
    That's how the free markets are supposed to work. Isn't that something conservatives should be supporting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there's now way more competition from non-US citizens on American soil. This drives wages down in every place but the fantasy land of the Left.

At least it's good for our corporate overlords.

- - - Updated - - -

See above. Next time I vote we bring in mass immigration to take your job.
    Immigration has a net positive increase on the economy and society. The main people whose wages are actually negatively affected are prior immigrants and those without even a highschool degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Valizix View Post
    No rubbish are liberal courts determining 1 President doesn't have the authority to reverse the executive order of another President. In the end SCOTUS will side with Trump and Democrats will be left with nothing.
    Left with nothing? Is SCOTUS and Trump going to take my Deadpool bobble head from me??!?!

Or are you just spitting out hyperbole while treating politics and policy like a sporting event?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    The only thing that happened today was what was already highly anticipated. The Supreme Court very rarely allows leapfrogging the lower appeals courts but the Feds were trying to avoid the practice in futility that would be taking the case to the highly overturned 9th Circuit that has already shown it's hand on this matter before.

The case will still eventually go the Supreme Court and face the scrutiny of an unsympathetic majority. In effect, all this did was buy more time for Congress to flounder around on properly fixing this situation and more time for the media to rail on about it.
    Oh hey, welcome back Sulla! How's that Moore victory trea - oh damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Boy, the Dems are really praying for Mueller's investigation to come up with a big W for them, to get so hyphy over what's a 6-8 month delay at most.
    We're talking about DACA not the Mueller investigation. There's another thread for that. Please try to pay enough attention to keep your rhetoric on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post

Oh hey, welcome back Sulla! How's that Moore victory trea - oh damn...

I mean honestly based on his responses and the responses of others about Moore they could've been forced to watch a video of Moore raping/groping underage girls before they were allowed to cast their vote and they still would've done it.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Well that's good to know. 2 Years should give them plenty of time to shop for a home in their countries of origin should Congress continue to not do their job and pass comprehensive immigration reform.
    Nah, they're going to stay right here. You can keep yelling at clouds though. Particularly the darker ones, naturally.

I'm not betting they won't. I'm for them staying here. My point was that the current framework in place WILL be shot down by the SCOTUS because it's unconstitutional. This is nowhere near a "fixed" situation until Congress does what they're supposed to do.
    Since no court has ruled it unconstitutional, I guess we're just going to have to take your opinion presented as fact, for what it is.

Meaningless.

It should be pretty clear by the history of the presiding justices which way this will go once the SCOTUS eventually takes this up. The only reason that Trump even took action on it in the first place was because Republicans were going to take the government to court over it. I mean, if you think it's a good idea to wait it out and see how it goes without Congress doing anything, that's on you and your liberal friends.
    I remember that argument about Obamacare. Yet Roberts saved that particular policy.

But no, if you think throwing out people who have lived here their entire lives is somehow a policy Republicans are actually going to go through with, that's on you. I'm not even going to blame your friends because it's such an absurd notion. I hope they do though. God do I hope they run on that and make that their official stance...

Tried that. Supreme Court refused to hear the appeal
    The Supreme Court on Monday declined to clear the way for the Trump administration to end the Obama-era program that protects about 700,000 young immigrants from deportation, meaning that the so-called “Dreamers” could remain in legal limbo for months unless Congress acts to make their status permanent.
    President Trump ended the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program last September, calling it an unconstitutional use of executive power by his predecessor and reviving the threat of deportation for immigrants who had been brought to the United States illegally as young children.

But two federal judges have ordered the administration to maintain major pieces of the program while legal challenges move forward, notably by requiring the administration to allow people enrolled in it to renew their protected status. The Supreme Court’s decision on Monday not to hear the government’s appeal will keep the program alive for months.
    That will temporarily shield the young immigrants who already had signed up for the DACA program from immediate deportation, and allow them to keep working legally in the United States. Their status lasts for two years and is renewable.
    The court’s decision also could relieve the immediate political pressure on lawmakers to permanently address the status of those immigrants, or to deal with the additional one million Dreamers who had never signed up for the DACA program. They remain at risk of deportation if immigration agents find them.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Immigration has a net positive increase on the economy and society. The main people whose wages are actually negatively affected are prior immigrants and those without even a highschool degree.
    So being dispossessed of your country by people that pay negative taxes is a positive thing?

Seems like we're getting the short end of the stick if we don't get their country but they get our (better) country.

So being dispossessed of your country by people that pay negative taxes is a positive thing?

Seems like we're getting the short end of the stick if we don't get their country but they get our (better) country.
    Does that mean we should also get rid of old people? After all, they are a serious tax burden on society.

I'm not even arguing about who is right here. I'm just saying what needs to happen. This should be settled with legislation. But if you do want to discuss blame, I can see it going pretty bad for Democrats who have promised so much to these people and have actually done nothing so far.
    Shocking turn of events. You see only peril for Democrats. I'm sure the DACA recipients will flood into the Republican/Trump camp because Democrats, who control no branch of government, were not able to convince Republicans or Trump to act.

Of course you aren't arguing about who is right. There is no argument to be had. That's why you can make statements about Democrats "doing nothing" without even a hint of awareness; self or otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account

Ah I see you've bought into the myth that dreamers don't pay taxes and get government assistance.

Laugh out loud.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    You keep mentioning in different words and alluding to this "peril" yet have produced not one source of what this peril is other than empty conjecture and shown a regrettably faulty understanding of basic economics.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr..._United_States

Our peril, as in the people (and families) in the US before 1965 are losing their country because of "the economy". You do realize how democracy works, right? I suspect the people that come from Mexico will vote the same way as they voted in Mexico. I don't want that for my country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Ah I see you've bought into the myth that dreamers don't pay taxes and get government assistance.

Laugh out loud.
    They receive more benefits than they pay in. It would be almost impossible to be otherwise as they're in lower brackets.