Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    MoP is far superior to any expansion after it so far, the only people NOT praising pandaland is the salty kungfu panda commenters.

Class design was godly
    Wpvp was very much alive, and even balanced compared to the shitshows of WoD and Legion
    Pvp was alive in general
    The pve was great, varied, we have scenarios raids dungeons and dailies that switched up constantly, were not tedious at all honestly.

I could go on but yeah.. the lore was actually pretty expansive too. This was the last xpac before Blizz B team, otherwise known as the D3 team, took over and started pruning all of our abilities and implementing their fucktarded dumbass ideas.
    Not tedious? Hahahaha. Seriously, I feel like most of the people that praise MoP played only during the beginning of SoO or ToT and completely forgot the shitshow that was MoP's launch.

Class design was godly? Not really before ToT. And even then, some classes were iffy without gear.

The dungeons were horrible, they never added new ones and 2 were recycled.

You think MoP was an amazing expac, you're entitled to that opinion, but at least be objective. MoP had a ton of issues and tanked the subs really hard.

WotLK is still my favorite

MoP is my 2nd favorite.

Basically what Lazuli said
    "Class design was godly
    Wpvp was very much alive, and even balanced compared to the shitshows of WoD and Legion
    Pvp was alive in general
    The pve was great, varied, we have scenarios raids dungeons and dailies that switched up constantly, were not tedious at all honestly."

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    I didn't really like it. It was when Blizzard decided goofiness was an okay replacement for epic lore.
    In this post: Literally, he just saw Pandas and decided "goofy/child" instead of actually looking at the whole depth of the underlying story. Garrosh was a complicated leader, given far too much responsibility that he wasn't ready to handle. The conflict between the two factions literally tore at the land. The darkness within each of us gave manifested itself as the 7 deadly sins, in a land that had worked so hard to center themselves and live simply.

It was a pretty huge social message about the importance of love and other sentimental feelings.

But sure. Pandas, goofy. Whatever.

Class design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    This was the last xpac before Blizz B team, otherwise known as the D3 team, took over and started pruning all of our abilities and implementing their fucktarded dumbass ideas.
    Have any source for d3 team taking over wow during WoD? I know they were training new people during it but I thought it was the leftover from the cancelled mmorpg TITAN and not the D3 team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it, they had terrible rep grinds that required questing since you got nothing from dungeons, which there were hardly any of. The new stuff they added has mostly been neglected (pets) or completely removed (scenarios). Seems like a big waste of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    "Very grindy" itself was BS as people were complaining about a single two week daily quest grind that took 10 minutes a day.

And it was still less grindy that past reps.

For someone going on about generalizations you sure love to go on about them since thats all the rest of what you're going on is. Subjective generalizations.

- - - Updated - - -

Which would have made little sense (only alliance getting panda). As much as some people bitch a lot of folk wanted Pandaren and they were most heavily connected to the Horde at the time. Chen helped found Orgrimmar.

Just admit you don't like Pandaren.
    You mean in the april fools joke in warcraft 3? Also alliance where meant to get Pandaren in TBC as stated by the devs, a quick google search will show you that, as for it not making sense, Horde went into pandaland and where largely hostile under garrosh. Mogu would've made perfect allies at the time.

Also yes I don't like Pandas duh

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    MoP is by far the most overpraised and overrated expansion this game has had. Cata and WoD were both WAY better.
    except when it came to content....

MOP was a great expansion until SoO sucked the life out of the expansion. MOP had amazing raids and dungeons, the 3 man scenarios was very cool. It had problems like they went over board with dailies and gated factions. But over all it was in my opinion far stronger then cataclysm, which in my opinion is only better than wod. while WOD being shitastic all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedance View Post
    I ended Cata with 8 IRL friends playing wow. MOP took that number down to 1. Sure you can argue that MOP had some cool content but soo many people seem to forget that right before Cata was pretty legit until the dragon soul patch. Have you guys forgotten how good BWD,FL and to a lesser extent, BoT was? Every time people diss Cata as the 'casual expansion' they conveniently forget to mention that it had some of the hardest dungeons and pretty challenging raids prior to the nerfs and DS patch. Then those same people praise MOP as the be all end all of expansions. Sure, compared to Dragon Soul Cata and the shitshow that was WOD it was good, but if I remember correctly, people where not happy at the time, everyone was far more salty about the kung fu panda expansion than they are now. Just, for a second, imagine that MOP didn't exist (yet), and after imprisoning Sargeras and defeating a Titan you would get friggin Pandas, idk about you but I would not be too happy.
    While before playing MoP i too couldn't believe they would pull the kung fu panda thing , after playing it all I look back with happyness to it . PvP still made sense and the raids were far more inspired than WoD and Legion ones , in terms of raiding difficulty for the average player (nm/hc) I am disappointed with how basic mechanic are .
    If you played the raids tell me honestly that
    Lei-shen
    Durumu
    Ji-kun
    Garalon
    The stone guard
    Galakras

weren't the peak of entertainment for what the wow engine had to offer for a boss fight .
    Overall it wasn't that bad of an expansion , Isle of thunder had that cool progression feel to it and SoO introduced the flexible raid system which is a bless and it's gifts are the whole scaling algorithms they use now.

TL;DR people tought Cata to be the peak of wow at the time , only because they hadn't seen WoD yet
    Last edited by valax; 2018-02-28 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It had content.
    It did, until the last year and a half or something in that ballpark.

I did enjoy MoP. Much moreso than WoD or Cata. It felt very new and fresh, and it did a lot of awesome things. It also did some things wrong. Dailies, for one. Hours of them each day. Other things.

But I think the reason I enjoyed it so much, even through the enormous content draught, was because of the friends I had at the time. We did a lot of RBGs and RP and WPVP, and around that I just did achievement stuff, like the extra Timeless Isle stuff. I think that's when I finished Firelands (the subzone, not the raid).

People praise it for the crappy class design philosophy of "give everybody everything so they can do anything always."

It was awful, but many people got used to that sort of thing. They hate that it's removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because MoP was a great expansion. I put it second behind Wotlk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    While before playing MoP i too couldn't believe they would pull the kung fu panda thing , after playing it all I look back with happyness to it . PvP still made sense and the raids were far more inspired than WoD and Legion ones , in terms of raiding difficulty for the average player (nm/hc) I am disappointed with how basic mechanic are .
    If you played the raids tell me honestly that
    Lei-shen
    Durumu
    Ji-kun
    Garalon
    The stone guard
    Galakras

weren't the peak of entertainment for what the wow engine had to offer for a boss fight .
    Overall it wasn't that bad of an expansion , Isle of thunder had that cool progression feel to it and SoO introduced the flexible raid system which is a bless and it's gifts are the whole scaling algorithms they use now.
    While I can't agree with what your saying about the current raids, flex raiding and Ise of thunder are good additions. But as I said above ToT was hyped up to be the next Ulduar by the devs which it was largely not, and unfortunatley the fights didn't make up for that (although they where pretty unique). I also can't agree on galakras, not one of my favourites tbh, getting pulled into the heart of Y'shaarj by Garrosh was pretty cool the first few times though. As for MSV I liked the Elegon fight nothing else really stood out to me
    Last edited by mmoc812076fe90; 2018-02-28 at 01:19 AM.

You mean in the april fools joke in warcraft 3? Also alliance where meant to get Pandaren in TBC as stated by the devs, a quick google search will show you that, as for it not making sense, Horde went into pandaland and where largely hostile under garrosh. Mogu would've made perfect allies at the time.

Also yes I don't like Pandas duh
    You mean Chen Stormstout canonically aiding Rexxar in liberating the Barrens which was confirmed canon in vanilla?

Pandaren had more lore backing than the retcon Draenei. Good guy demons from space, now theres a joke.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

While I can't agree with what your saying about the current raids, flex raiding and Ise of thunder are good additions. But as I said above ToT was hyped up to be the next Ulduar by the devs which it was largely not, and unfortunatley the fights didn't make up for that. I also can't agree on galakras, not one of my favourites tbh, getting pulled into the heart of Y'shaarj by Garrosh was pretty cool the first few times though
    See, I think ToT was as good as Ulduar. I dunno, man. Raided for a very long time, and ToT got me back into raiding as it was so good lol

You can trace my comments all the way back and find out that I've always held MOP in high regard.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Recently? Man, I've been praising MoP since the start of WoD. Are you trying to sit here and tell me that inbetween Thrall Jesus vs. The End of All Things and "Wibbly wobbly timey whimey orkz" you honestly think that the deep story telling gem that was Pandaria with Isle of Thunder, Battle of the Barrens and Timeless Isle was somehow worse?

Pffftahwahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha. Nice opinion man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    See, I think ToT was as good as Ulduar. I dunno, man. Raided for a very long time, and ToT got me back into raiding as it was so good lol
    Saaaame. ToT is what made me want to start progressing hard again, until SoO killed my guild, among other things.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Saaaame. ToT is what made me want to start progressing hard again, until SoO killed my guild, among other things.
    This is 1000% what happened to me LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You mean Chen Stormstout canonically aiding Rexxar in liberating the Barrens which was confirmed canon in vanilla?

Pandaren had more lore backing than the retcon Draenei. Good guy demons from space, now theres a joke.
    By that logic Jaina should be in the Horde as well as she aided Chen and Rexxar on that campaign. Kul'tiran humans for the Horde confirmed /s