Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Yes, I mean the Warchief that was killed by a random felguard while the Alliance got a metal as fuck death for Varian.
    Complete with memorials.
    with comments like these its obvious you dont actually care about the story at all so stop acting like you do.

Its obvious you just want drama and to feel 'cool".

Like the entire point of the broken shore was to 'break" the factions and show that even banded together and all united the Legion was to powerful.
    We spent months hunting down rare weapons, getting allies from across the globe and universes and testing the limits of the powers mortals have obtained for the last several thousand years, chipping away at every ally the legion had with special forces hunting down specific commanders and turning their own weapons against them.

and all that was part of the same story that was the broken shore.

In which Varian, king of the alliance, the faction that represents heroism and unity died heroically and united to protect people, And Vol'jin, Warchief of the HOrde, the faction that represents desperation and kinship in the face of stark differences between those who NEED each other, died unexpectedly but entrusted the Horde in a moment of desperation to someone who was Different but nonetheless Kin who he knew could protect those he'd sworn himself too.

To belittle this narrative just because Vol'jin didnt go into hell playing a guitar made of his enemies bones while shooting memes out of his dick, is insulting to the entire concept of ....Stories themselves. Like you are literally ignoring the symbolic, emotional, historical and contexual ramifications of the story just because you want the show to kill someone off unexpected for shock value, leave on a cliffhangar or have someone find out that Darth Vader is his father, or any number of Cheap Gimmicks just for the sake of being badass and ignoring the actual story you pretend to care about.

-------------
    AND ANOTHER THING

whats this all about 'worthless warchiefs"

do yall even know what the WoW version of warchiefs are for? to be a leader. a political leader. its not an actual warchief its basically King.

GOOD warchiefs do things like sign paperwork and negotiate treaties and talk to the people.

If you go sending out your best into battle for the sake of stupid glory they tend to die. thats why they send soldiers because no matter how badass your army is every battle is a chance for your leader to get a spear through the gut, or incenerated by magic or have boiling hot oil dropped on them.

In vanilla Thrall did nothing physically extraordinary other than hand out a quest to go to blackrock to save an alliance hero, and task adventurer's to go get a known traitor's help in taking out WORSE traitors.

He didnt do anything special (because he was...you know...a politician who was suppose to stay at home and do paperwork)

The only thing Garrosh did that was extrodinary was axe a dragon and betray everything he was suppose to protect as warchief

the only thing extraordinary that Sylvannas did was let her people take care of the legion while she went galavanting off to stormheim to enslave a godess of goodness in order to stave off death another day because she's an evil witch who only cares about herself.

Vol'jin what he was suppose to do. lead the horde. I'm sorry we cant have a bunch of stupid quests where we watch him sign paperwork like IDK what yall expect a Warchief to do. Like the entire point of Thrall giving warchief to (Cairne declined) (vol'jin also declined) Garrosh was so he could...go do things. He couldnt heal the world if he was stuck in ogrimmar all day telling forsaken traiders that they cant sell their rotted blight bats in the middle of the square because they smell like dead bats and are grossing people out.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yes, just watching the Legion invade, the Old Gods re-emerge, but everything's boring because there's no forced Faction War...
    I prefer the faction war tbh

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The thing is, death isn't part of nature in Warcraft. It's its own element.

Life and death balance each other out, and druids create, shape and maintain life, very rarely they destroy it. They accept death as a necessary evil for extreme cases (overpopulation or corruption), but they don't work with that magic.
    I'm not talking about wielding death magic. I'm talking about recognizing death as a part of life. I totally understand that death as a cosmic force is opposed to life.

Same druid abilities, different philosophy/mindset/aesthetic. The idea of new life feeding on old life, on endless cycles of generations. About Survival of the Fittest and the inherent violence of nature...

It would just be neat.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post

Yeah especially when Vol'Jin was not Alliance fan and he could no problem lead charge against them as long as they're threat to the Horde. He is also the guy that goes ahead in order to kill a threat before it actually rise to be a much bigger problem (like it was with Zandalari uprising- even if from story perspective so far it looks like he really would benefit more by siding with them).
    just because he overthrow Garrosh and work with the alliance, people forget about all his character and personality, and think he is ahipster whow ant peac above all

It would be a very impressive feat to come back from death and not be undead. I would imagine even Zandalari would be under great impression, I'd also love to see him in proper action.
    Trolls are know from doing that, Jindo did, Vol'jin should do it as well, would fix the mess the horde become

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    totally objective, i can't stand her anymore, when they keep forcing her for reasons

and vol'jin hate humans,and would hate the alliance as a whole if they give him a reason, but again, they can't, the horde need to be the villain
    there is literally no reason to think that vol'jin hates humans or that "horde needs to be the villian"

if you actually pay attention you'd know vol'jin is one of the most reasonable leaders in the game. unwilling to ignore Garrosh's tyranny, while also being the one to reach out to the alliance to help stop the Zandalari threat. He literally became best buds with a human hunter he only mistrusted because the guy was literally a admitted Troll Killer who killed hundreds of trolls doing past conflicts.

And As blizzard has told us at least a thousand times its Sylvannas and Gallywix that are the bad guys

literally the ENTIRE epilogue video was the two most honorable members of the horde talking about how those two people whove been evil since day 1 cant be trusted.

Like its pretty darn obvious that the main characters of the Horde is Baine and Saurfang and they are going to be the primary plot device while Sylvannas being Evil as she does and has been doing since day 1 is just a plot device because Horde needs to Cut Out its Forsaken Evil back monkey the way it did the Orc nationalism.

I swear to god Blizzard isnt perfect but their main hurdle in storytelling is the fact that most of its players and critics have the reading comprehension of a 7th grader struggling to memorize the terms "symbolism" and "exposition" .

Blizzard: *banging pots and pans together screaming "Sylvannas is evil , is plotting something and wants to destroy all life because she's evil and turned the forsaken into a cult that worships her and uses them to research various ways to murder all life" since 2004

Teens and adults who coasted through English class and studied for tests using Cliff Notes instead of reading because they were to busy masturbating: "Well i guess Sylvannas is just evil now for literally no reason because blizzard is stupid"
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I think when they showed “Vol’jin” as just an urn during the BFA conference they were inferring that’d he just be a ghost of some sort. I really don’t think he’ll ever be around again physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yes, just watching the Legion invade, the Old Gods re-emerge, but everything's boring because there's no forced Faction War...

a.k.a. "wise"
    You really think having yet another cookie cutter bad guy is going to be interesting?

To me a faction war is 100% more interesting because it involves characters that have already been somewhat developed and not pulled out of thin air.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    with comments like these its obvious you dont actually care about the story at all so stop acting like you do.

Its obvious you just want drama and to feel 'cool".
    Why'd I want drama?
    Simply by stating that Vol'jin's death was handled poorly in my opinion? I don't need him riding Gul'dan as a skateboard while casting voodoo curses to the entire Burning Legion just for "being badass".
    I already made peace with him dying and that his BfA story will probably suck.

But there's not denying how Varian's death was given much more importance as a whole

And trust me, If I didn't care about the story I'd be yelling "lol alliance salt lololol"
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Are we thinking Kul'tiran's and Mag'har are going to be launch races? Or are they just preparing them for an 8.1 release?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    You really think having yet another cookie cutter bad guy is going to be interesting?

To me a faction war is 100% more interesting because it involves characters that have already been somewhat developed and not pulled out of thin air.
    Seriously. I didn’t give two shits about the Legion or Sargeras cause you know the story always ends the same way. Giant evil guy threatens to destroy everything but against all odds team Azeroth bands together and saves the day. It’s like a Power Rangers episode. ZzzZzzZzzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    Are we thinking Kul'tiran's and Mag'har are going to be launch races? Or are they just preparing them for an 8.1 release?
    They said Zandalari and Dark Irons are patch races, or at least not launch races, so Kul Tirans and Mag'har definitely will be in patches.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    rofl so to get people to pay for a racechange they'll update the disgusting boomkin form xD
    Which will be useless anyway if they got shitty racials.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    People would still play for Lore or aesthetics.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

actually they'll double cash in with that since people will race change back once the vanity has worn off

Who picks race for the racials? Lmao

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    there is literally no reason to think that vol'jin hates humans
    Are you crazzy? the Gurubashi and humans are ancient enemies, Humans and the alliance almost wiped out all darkspears in their islands, and if not by thrall they would be all dead

in the echo isles they almost got wiped by the humans once again with Admiral Proudmoore

also:

While they were in the First Home, for what they thought a week, ended up being three months, the Darkspear tribe was nearly wiped out by a human invasion of the Alliance,
    he indeed have some degree of disgust and distrust towards them(humans). In Vol'jin: Shadow of the Horde, he was alarmed and struggled to protest when Chen told him a human, Tyrathan Khort will tend to him. When Tyrathan touched him in order to stop him from drawing another jihui cube, he was revolted and was about to wrestled Tyrathan's hand from him, as he felt that humans have no right to touch a shadow hunter like himself.
    It was also revealed in Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde that Vol'jin has killed too many humans to count.
    In Vol'jin: Shadow of the Horde, Vol'jin attempted to tell Chen Stormstout about the human-troll enmity and how it is pulsed with hatred. It was mentioned that Vol'jin has killed countless humans before.
    According to Christie Golden, not much is known about the alternate timeline Vol'jin seen in War Crimes, other than that things went "very bad" in the timeline he came from. He was a shadow hunter and wore a necklace made of human and elven ears and seemed less reasonable than his main universe counterpart.

Just by this alone i will ignore your wall of text

or that "horde needs to be the villian"
    every time the horde is showed as agressor and the villains who need to put down, or they get old horde heroes and turn into villains, this barely happen with the alliance, they make the horde villain and make then lost the faction war with Garrosh on MOP, they could at least change things and made the alliance the aggressors
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-28 at 03:07 PM.

Racials be damned, I'll be Zandalari once my guild swaps to Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Who picks race for the racials? Lmao
    people who think they are being hardcore with that 1% of nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    people who think they are being hardcore with that 1% of nothing
    Only time I have paid attention to racials was when Draenei had that 1% hit racial. And even tehn only because that ment my shaman could use less hit rating than other races/classes I had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Seriously. I didn’t give two shits about the Legion or Sargeras cause you know the story always ends the same way. Giant evil guy threatens to destroy everything but against all odds team Azeroth bands together and saves the day. It’s like a Power Rangers episode. ZzzZzzZzzz.
    Many people like it, don't try and simplify it cause you somehow don't like it. I could say the same about a faction war that well hardly anyone can be satisfied with the ending unless it pulls a MoP.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi