Poll: Will Vulpera make you quit?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm more concerned with why someone is interested in people quitting the game because of a race.

I'm pretty certain this thread was made solely to flame people.

Why is the question this thread is posing a thing? What a ridiculous subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    Erm, Zandalari Troll, hello?
    They're not pretty enough. The only people who'll seriously play Zandalari are the existing Troll players and maybe some Orcs. The rest will go back to their Belf Paladins after a few days.

Quit? Why I'd play even more! Honestly what's wrong with more player choice though? Let's be real, how are fox people any more ridiculous than half the shit already in the game?

It's fine if people don't like furries, it's not for everyone, you don't have to play one. But quitting the game over their mere presence is a bit much. I mean people never had much trouble with Draenei or Tauren, what's the difference?

Hell most people that play these races aren't even really furries, they are just like "Werewolves are cool! Pandas are chill.". Not like it would matter if they were, they are just normal people with a different kink.

I wouldn't quit....I'd probably faction change. Just so I can kill em. Valajar have a longer history in the game than some Star Fox/ Goblin rip offs. The Alliance should have Valajar before Vulpera as an Allied race. Thanks to Sylvanas btw.

Pandaren had a history in WoW before MoP. Blizz created a nice world and Lore for them work in MoP. Vulpera are a nothing race with no history and no stake in the lore. They're more like the frenzyheart and Oracles from one little quest line in WoTLK.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Not a single person will quit because of that. Not even those that voted yes in the poll.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest the Vulpera models Look really amazing!I'm tempted to play one! if Vulpera were actually playable then it would be a blessing in disguise since it would be paired up with another

Seems a bit drastic, no? I just wouldn't play one, like I've been doing with races I have no interest in since the start.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    The AllCraft show's opinions on the Vulpera were a bit childish and ignorant. Not only did they bash disrespectfully a community, but they played the "I'll unsub if X happens" cards. I don't know who that Rich guy is, but who gave him a mic, lol.
    Sensationalist YouTube. Nothing more. They're looking for monetization clicks.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

You actually made me lol hah. It's hard to believe someone would quit over that, but I guess everything is possible these days.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2018-03-02 at 02:01 AM.

What is this... seriously.

I am more annoyed that Blizz is adding more humanoid/fur races while still not adding a reptilian race. I want a Warcraft version of Argonians.

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    I wouldn't quit....I'd probably faction change. Just so I can kill em. Valajar have a longer history in the game than some Star Fox/ Goblin rip offs. The Alliance should have Valajar before Vulpera as an Allied race. Thanks to Sylvanas btw.
    The Horde is definitely getting them as an allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherweave Cloth View Post
    I am more annoyed that Blizz is adding more humanoid/fur races while still not adding a reptilian race. I want a Warcraft version of Argonians.
    I really want Tortollans, Murlocs and Sethraks to be playable!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    The Horde is definitely getting them as an allied race.
    And if Horde is getting them as an Allied race then I hope the Alliance can get a new race for once like Sethraks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Nobody sensible is going to say they'd quit over vulpera. That doesn't mean they're a good addition to WoW.

People are bothered by them because they're essentially just a cute version of a myriad of anthro races we have like quilboar, arakkoa, kobolds etc and they are not playable and likely never will be. If vulpera became playable it would undoubtedly be fully for the sake of furry fanservice and a lot of people don't care for that in this game.
    Stop with the furry panic. Other people, who are not furries, like cute animal creatures. We don't have to be raging perverts to think fox-people are fun.

I'm not interested in derp-faced chihuahua-fox people because folks like yourself can't handle the idea that cute animal creatures exist in the game and insist anything cute must be "furry fanservice". STOP RUINING EVERYTHING. You don't like them, DON'T PLAY THEM.

And as a note: Furries have been playing this game since Vanilla...nothing Blizzard has done so far has actually deterred them. All they've done is disappoint people who like cute things.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Not a single person will quit because of that. Not even those that voted yes in the poll.
    If I recall correctly, the author of one of the most popular roleplay addons (TotalRP 2) ended up permanently leaving WoW because he felt like Pandas were the death knell of the game.

At the end of the day a team kept working on it with his blessing and now he's faded into history, so not much was lost.

But it does show there are people who will tantrum hard enough to actually retire from the game for good, but at the end of the day it's a loud, obnoxious, toxic minority that the game is better off without.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2018-03-02 at 02:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hell no I won't. In fact, depending on what classes they can be & what their racials are, I might just race change to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    Stop with the furry panic. Other people, who are not furries, like cute animal creatures. We don't have to be raging perverts to think fox-people are fun.

I'm not interested in derp-faced chihuahua-fox people because folks like yourself can't handle the idea that cute animal creatures exist in the game and insist anything cute must be "furry fanservice". STOP RUINING EVERYTHING. You don't like them, DON'T PLAY THEM.

And as a note: Furries have been playing this game since Vanilla...nothing Blizzard has done so far has actually deterred them. All they've done is disappoint people who like cute things.
    How do you translate what I just typed into "panic"? It's not my personal taste.

Yes tauren have existed, then worgen, then pandaren. But all have been and felt to some degree warcraft-esque, save maybe female worgen (which Blizzard has already admitted they dropped the ball on somewhat).

Vulpera aren't a part of Warcraft lore, I feel like I've seen them in a huge amount of asian MMOs. They're nauseatingly cutesy animal-people and would be the only allied race to have absolutely zero buildup of any sort pre-BfA. I simply do not like them and I don't like the way they look and think they don't really belong on the Alliance or Horde any more than any of the other "native species" races we've seen like saberon, tuskarr, or gnolls. I'm not going to quit over it but I sure as hell won't be the other person with a bitter taste in my mouth if my faction gets them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    I really want Tortollans, Murlocs and Sethraks to be playable!

<snip

And if Horde is getting them as an Allied race then I hope the Alliance can get a new race for once like Sethraks
    The Tortollans, Murlocs, and Sethraks have too unique of a model to fit armor properly. The Vulpura have been made to fit into armor players can use. That's why they will more than likely get added in as an allied race for the Horde while the other 3 will never become playable races. Same goes for Naga which people have been begging for for years now.

I didn't quit when they made cows playable... so I probably won't quit when they make foxes playable.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    Neither are Mag'har Orcs, but we're getting those.
    They make a lot more sense being a variant of an existing race, though, and one that's been called for as a sub-race for pretty nearly ever.

Having them be the AU ones is another issue...

7+ Year Old Account
    no one will, its just people being edgy