Thread: Ferals in BfA

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ferals in BfA

hello guys,

was looking at BfA changes and no big surprises in our beloved feral druid, only the haste scaling the dots ticks

how good ferals can perform in BfA with this change, and with almost no changes on abillities

Changes will come. It's still in alpha.

To be honest, Feral is in a really good spot right now, I don't think they need changes to be honest, other than something to fill the spot of Ashamane's Frenzy. I've been playing as Feral since mid vanilla, still my main character, and the currently state of talents and abilities is the best we've got so far (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    To be honest, Feral is in a really good spot right now, I don't think they need changes to be honest, other than something to fill the spot of Ashamane's Frenzy. I've been playing as Feral since mid vanilla, still my main character, and the currently state of talents and abilities is the best we've got so far (in my opinion).
    I just love that the playstyle is much faster than it has been in the past. I know a lot of long time ferals loved the slower gameplay and think the current iteration is way too spammy though so...I'm worried that we will go back to that in bfa.

How's leveling in the alpha? Super slow again? I know the gear they give characters right now is crap haha
    Last edited by Happyducky; 2018-03-02 at 05:19 AM.

"perform" as in dps against all other dps? why would anyone knows this, I don't think the developer knows even.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    I just love that the playstyle is much faster than it has been in the past. I know a lot of long time ferals loved the slower gameplay and think the current iteration is way too spammy though so...I'm worried that we will go back to that in bfa.

How's leveling in the alpha? Super slow again? I know the gear they give characters right now is crap haha
    I agree, I like the "spammy" with big hits playstyle better than the slow pace with big bleedings playstyle, and I'm completely happy of not being forced to use Savage Roar, I've been hating that ability ever since it was introduced in WotLK.

So far the only change for the whole class has been trading Displacer Beast for Tiger's Dash... so they either don't want to touch the druid or they are doing some major changes to the class.

In my opinion, the only problem the class has is the Affinity talent row. A druid is the very definition of versatility and hybridation, and right now it's become a good spec with a mediocre off-spec that nobody use as the only good thing about the affinity talents are their passives. In Legion Bear Form is just a useless form with 3 abilies, none of them defensive, and 0 tanking capability as it can only take 2 maybe 3 hits before dying, unless you spec into guardian or take the guardian affinity; same goes for cat form, as it only serves for a less effective Prowl and Dash unless you spec for Feral or take the Feral affinity which deals unnoticable damage by the way. So I really really really wish they consider baking all the affinity abilities into baseline abilities for all 4 specs and then build each specs around that. And I'm OK if that means I have to pay the so called "hybrid tax" in order to bring back the versatile playstyle of adapting to situations that we used to have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    I agree, I like the "spammy" with big hits playstyle better than the slow pace with big bleedings playstyle, and I'm completely happy of not being forced to use Savage Roar, I've been hating that ability ever since it was introduced in WotLK.

So far the only change for the whole class has been trading Displacer Beast for Tiger's Dash... so they either don't want to touch the druid or they are doing some major changes to the class.

In my opinion, the only problem the class has is the Affinity talent row. A druid is the very definition of versatility and hybridation, and right now it's become a good spec with a mediocre off-spec that nobody use as the only good thing about the affinity talents are their passives. In Legion Bear Form is just a useless form with 3 abilies, none of them defensive, and 0 tanking capability as it can only take 2 maybe 3 hits before dying, unless you spec into guardian or take the guardian affinity; same goes for cat form, as it only serves for a less effective Prowl and Dash unless you spec for Feral or take the Feral affinity which deals unnoticable damage by the way. So I really really really wish they consider baking all the affinity abilities into baseline abilities for all 4 specs and then build each specs around that. And I'm OK if that means I have to pay the so called "hybrid tax" in order to bring back the versatile playstyle of adapting to situations that we used to have.
    actually they dont have to go that far, only thing you need is like 5/10 min CD, basically some kind of corresponding incarnation that could allow you to tranq as resto, activate bear with free frenzied regen while CCed, something along those lines

they seem to alter classes/specs one by one, we will see druid changes sooner or later, they simply have to touch renewal and several moonkin talents atleast

but yeah, feral is good overall, especially bleeds scaling with haste is very good change for once

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    actually they dont have to go that far, only thing you need is like 5/10 min CD, basically some kind of corresponding incarnation that could allow you to tranq as resto, activate bear with free frenzied regen while CCed, something along those lines

they seem to alter classes/specs one by one, we will see druid changes sooner or later, they simply have to touch renewal and several moonkin talents atleast

but yeah, feral is good overall, especially bleeds scaling with haste is very good change for once
    Well I actually want them to go that far. I don't want to tie being a hybrid class to a 3 min CD, but to be able to off-tank, off-heal and off-dps at will when it's needed. Instead of having utility cds like Stampeding Roar, I rather bring my utility as the guy who can off-tank a bit that big add if the tanks can't, or to throw several Rejuvenations and Regrowths in a high damage phase to help, or to go cat or moonkin (if not dps spec'ed) and deal some damage like a Disci priest or so in more relaxed moments. Also bear in mind that in those moments when you are performing an off-spec role you aren't doing your main role, I gotta stop dps'ing in order to heal or tank, so I find it to be a very good trade.

That's the druid I fell in love with back when I created my main, a few months before the AQ opening event, that I miss.

But like I said, I really hope they don't touch the current iteration of feral, I haven't had this much fun with the spec in years , only that I miss being more hybrid oriented.
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2018-03-02 at 11:02 AM.

I would love to play Wow again as a Druid but still see they've done something which doesn't sit well.

The Affinities should allow you to cast those spells in the respective forms and if they help you do damage add a combo point, if they don't they just add some survival ability and this should across all druids. These Talents could pull the Druid from a 4 spec class to an amazing multi-spec class I feel they just ruined it with the affinity talents which could add so much more to each spec and which turned me off as a game as whole.
    Last edited by luckydan79; 2018-03-03 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, leveling just feels slow. Energy is lacking.
    You can only equip 1 legendary in BFA Alpha though, since it doesn't actually unlock any Legion content right off the bat.

You can choose the same talents as live & play similarly just much slower than what you're used to. Ashamane's Frenzy is gone so it takes a lot longer to get the combo points to get everything up. By the time Savage Roar & Rip are on the target, it will already be dead or you will be dead. Depending on the mob, I had to use Regrowth in between each 5 CP attack.

But, like what was already mentioned -- the gear you start with is very low ilvl and even at 116, the gear rewards are still low. I'm getting 240-248 ilvl gear from quests currently & legendaries are 280 on Alpha.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Bawk View Post
    You can only equip 1 legendary in BFA Alpha though, since it doesn't actually unlock any Legion content right off the bat.

You can choose the same talents as live & play similarly just much slower than what you're used to. Ashamane's Frenzy is gone so it takes a lot longer to get the combo points to get everything up. By the time Savage Roar & Rip are on the target, it will already be dead or you will be dead. Depending on the mob, I had to use Regrowth in between each 5 CP attack.

But, like what was already mentioned -- the gear you start with is very low ilvl and even at 116, the gear rewards are still low. I'm getting 240-248 ilvl gear from quests currently & legendaries are 280 on Alpha.
    I hope they fix that, that sounds tedious as heck to level

Not uncommon for energy based classes in a new expansion, I was geared as hell on my rogue during Dragon Soul in Cataclysm but while leveling in MoP I was quite energy starved as assas, doesn't get much better till you get in full hc dungeon gear or with some 1st raid pieces, then I noticed an improvement towards my dragon soul feeling.

So I assume feral is in the same ship, might be more noticeable now with something like ashamane's frenzy gone, but should pick back up once you get some half decent max lvl gear, with or without the artifact ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockxanthus View Post
    hello guys,

was looking at BfA changes and no big surprises in our beloved feral druid, only the haste scaling the dots ticks

how good ferals can perform in BfA with this change, and with almost no changes on abillities
    First of all, hold your breath until BfA comes out and if you survive, good for you, too bad for us.
    Secondly, don't fucking panic about things that are changing everyday in a game that comes out in more months than your dick size in inches.

I mained Balance for most of the xpac, and am seriously considering switching back to Feral or rolling Rogue. I have been playing my Sin Rogue alt a lot and miss the combo point/bleed gameplay of Feral. IMO, whenever I dipped my toe into Feral this xpac the artifact ability felt more like a burden than a boon, so I would be content with nothing replacing it from a gameplay perceptive. The spec has enough main rotation buttons as is.

Depending on how itemization pans out this xpac, I may get to hybrid Feral/Boomy on my main. If that's an option I think my choice is already made.

Some talents need rework so they could be more competitive and give some meaningful choices IMO:
    1. Elune's Guidance free CP mechanism can be replaced with a free finisher one.
    2. Jagged Wounds side effect of enforcing the player to reappling bleeds more often can be compensated by awarding more CP during some bleed ticks (something similar to the legendary gloves effect with tweaks)
    3. SoTF can be made more competitive if the damage increase effect will be extended to all finishers (Savage Roar).

ST DPS rotation is fine, though I am not a fan of moonfire. AoE could see some love, IMO.

CC, survivability and utility is in the gutter thought. I also would love if bear form had some utility gains, but I believe the game moved from it long time ago.

I definitely miss MoP days, I saved my raid group from wiping using HotW + Tranquility so many times.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account

I just wouldn't use the regular raidspec for leveling. Brutal Slash, Soul of the Forest and Moment of Clarity and everthing will feel much more spammy / faster with a bigger AoE Potential.

7+ Year Old Account

Thanks Bawk. It's very difficult to find info on BFA Feral atm. I noticed your youtube vids and think another with a rundown/review would be awesome.
    Saying that, it's still quite early. I just hope the tuning for the DD/Bleed is balanced in a way they're both viable for later content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    I just wouldn't use the regular raidspec for leveling. Brutal Slash, Soul of the Forest and Moment of Clarity and everthing will feel much more spammy / faster with a bigger AoE Potential.
    I am using the regular raid spec -- which includes SotF (+Incarn w/ the ring) and MoC.
    Brutal Slash isn't going to magically make leveling significantly easier on current Alpha when pulling 3-4 mobs can kill you depending on what you pull. Damage scaling is very funky at the moment & a lot of kill quest mobs are hitting very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    Thanks Bawk. It's very difficult to find info on BFA Feral atm. I noticed your youtube vids and think another with a rundown/review would be awesome.
    Saying that, it's still quite early. I just hope the tuning for the DD/Bleed is balanced in a way they're both viable for later content.
    Yeah, I didn't want to make any videos specifically about the spec and such until max level is achievable or until changes are made. Things could change in a few weeks and then a video would be for nothing. It's just the way I feel about it. I will actually go over both Feral/Balance specs fully when I can hit 120 in testing and see how it feels.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    First of all, hold your breath until BfA comes out and if you survive, good for you, too bad for us.
    Secondly, don't fucking panic about things that are changing everyday in a game that comes out in more months than your dick size in inches.
    As my dick is in fact longer than 8 inches, I apparently have the right to answer here.

Of course we should discuss Feral on the Alpha. That's the point! At this point, we shouldn't be alarmed - but we most definitely should discuss the spec!