Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

All Zandalari Druid forms are Dinosaurs yet Blizzard said cat form won't be?

A while back they said that they would avoid giving Zandalari dinosaur forms, especially the cat form because it would be too out of the ''druidic'' theme and that it would confuse people yet all of their other transformations are dinosaurs.. now it would feel really stupid if the cat form isn't also dinosaur themed.

Deleted
    However, what dinosaur could fit in the cat form?

Obviously Blizzard tried to offer a BS excuse at first to avoid the extra work and complications, but later they changed their minds and decided to give justice to the concept of Zandalari Druids. I'm sure the feral form will be reptilian too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonnamilkyou View Post
    They have a komodo dragon in game that might fit the skeleton. Other people have suggested Kaprosuchus, or even a few other dinosaurs. There are plenty of options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diemetradon? Or Falcosaur.

I really hope they go back on that and make a new "cat" form. I love these new models.
    Not being able to change your looks as a druid has long been one of my main issues with the class. Gettting a new cool sword as my warrior looks great but when my cat got a new weapon it was still the same cat. Legion fixed this, sort of. The artifact forms was a great change for druids and getting even more forms in BfA would be awesome in my eyes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    A while back they said that they would avoid giving Zandalari dinosaur forms, especially the cat form because it would be too out of the ''druidic'' theme and that it would confuse people yet all of their other transformations are dinosaurs.. now it would feel really stupid if the cat form isn't also dinosaur themed.

We'll have to wait and see I guess, the thing I'm most curious about is if the zandalari druid is able to use the artefact skins or that they won't be able to transform into the normal forms. If they can however I would expect quite a backlash about the older druids wanting the new zandalari forms, in any case I like the new variety and the fact that blizzard is actually giving us dinomancers.

I think at this point it's fairly obvious that blizzard either misled us, changed their mind, or weren't sure if they'd have the time to commit to the art assets to customize them and so didn't want a "ghostcrawler promised us a pony" situation. They did wind up having that time (maybe thanks to not having to design so many class raid tier sets, or with the upgrade in their skinning/rigging systems,) and so we got them.

I'd be fairly surprised if they just gave them default cat form, and would expect something more similar to this.

Add tusks, a bit of gold armor, ect, and make it a /bit/ closer to the cat skeleton.

Something similar to this artist's interpretation

http://moonlost.tumblr.com/post/1693...lari-druids-to

Anything that fits a cat needs to fast and agile, not some clunky slow Komodo Dragon or Dimetrodon look-alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source on it not being a dino-form?

Else, I guess some sort of sabertooth or something.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What I want to know is when you select bear/turtle form or boomkin, are the new troll models still going to have the sounds used now? Legit be funny if the dinosaurs still sounded like a bear growl or gooble turkey

Probably like a saber tooth tiger in appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    I think at this point it's fairly obvious that blizzard either misled us, changed their mind, or weren't sure if they'd have the time to commit to the art assets to customize them and so didn't want a "ghostcrawler promised us a pony" situation. They did wind up having that time (maybe thanks to not having to design so many class raid tier sets, or with the upgrade in their skinning/rigging systems,) and so we got them.

I'd be fairly surprised if they just gave them default cat form, and would expect something more similar to this.

Add tusks, a bit of gold armor, ect, and make it a /bit/ closer to the cat skeleton.

Something similar to this artist's interpretation

http://moonlost.tumblr.com/post/1693...lari-druids-to
    I can see it being that Komodo dragon type thing too, I think it'd look pretty cool with the tusks and armour.

Deleted
    Synapsids were the step from dinosaurs into mammals, and especially the therapsid order had cat and wolf looking reptilian things (pardon my shitty paleontology). There's species called Dinogorgon that looks like a cross of dinosaur and a tiger (tho the result may look more like a mole rat from Fallout).

I wonder if the Zandalari themselves are acually descended from a more saurian species like Saurok.
    Last edited by mmoc7955db53d7; 2018-03-03 at 12:52 PM.

duhmmmm, sabertooth tiger maybe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLDOOG View Post

I wonder if the Zandalari themselves are acually descended from a more saurian species like Saurok.
    I highly doubt that seeing as that the sauroks were created by Lei Shen, who himself was born only 15000 years before the opening of the dark portal. Pretty sure trolls were around before that.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Well to be fair, the Zandalari do have a tiger loa ...

I'd prefer a dino form, but they could say feral worship this loa, and therefore their forms are tigers.
    I appears it's this loa: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kimbul

IIRC they said Beat/Cat form won't have new skeletons, as people were talking about Direhorns for Guardian and Raptor for Feral etc, they never said they won't be dinosaur-themed.

They're not all dinosaurs.

The bear form is clearly a snapping-turtle forced into a bear skeleton (If its an ankylosaur, why would they not give it the one most prominent ankylosaur feature?)

The aquatic form is a dolphin.

There's an incredibly prominent Tiger loa that's a part of the questing experience there. Tigers are still important to them, so I still think it's highly likely their cat form will still be a tiger.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    They're not all dinosaurs.

The bear form is clearly a snapping-turtle forced into a bear skeleton (If its an ankylosaur, why would they not give it the one most prominent ankylosaur feature?)

The aquatic form is a dolphin.

There's an incredibly prominent Tiger loa that's a part of the questing experience there. Tigers are still important to them, so I still think it's highly likely their cat form will still be a tiger.
    It's definitely not a turtle, that's a carapace not a shell