Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Maraudon is one ugly ass dungeon and there's always some nerd spamming about doing some bloody quests.
    I loved the waterfall portion of Mara, but both the orange and purple portions were pretty fugly. It also took forever to get there if you were alliance or at least for your first time as horde.

I'd say my least favorite vanilla instance was The Stockades. It was cool fighting a prison riot and such, but I didn't really like the instance itself.
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    i have nightmares of sunken temple. hated the place

Sunken Temple, although I did eventually learn to enjoy it. Mainly because I ran it so much I learned the place backwards and forwards, and everyone I ran through it still hated it. <3 Being in the know.

Honestly though, it was fucking terrible. Honourable mention goes to LBRS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewster925 View Post
    I loved the waterfall portion of Mara, but both the orange and purple portions were pretty fugly. It also took forever to get there if you were alliance or at least for your first time as horde.

I'd say my least favorite vanilla instance was The Stockades. It was cool fighting a prison riot and such, but I didn't really like the instance itself.
    Agreed. Purple, Green, and Orange Mara were awful. Inner Mara was nice enough.

Sunken Temple was a special kind of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Are you thinking Uldum, maybe? Where Harrison Jones is, and you go through the ancient temple?

I'm talking about the one with the head-height cave network and a bunch of troggs. The place you could never finish because each person had a quest for some other, optional part of the dungeon (hell, half my groups didn't even know there was a second half). The one where you'd fight your way into a cave area, only to realize it dead ends at a quest you don't have.
    Uldaman! You need to refresh your memory on raiders of the lost ark!

Uldaman, lack of quests, hard to navigate, instance had a level gap from 40-48, made it totally unrewarding for higher level and super difficult for lower levels.

The quests were the biggest issue as there was not a single straight forward "kill boss X" or "grab item Y", almost any quest was locked behind some quest chain which didn't even started in the Badlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    ST, the gear is forgettable, and the quests arent needed (diamond flask as a warrior is nice though when leveling).
    The gear from ST was decent and had a few nice quest rewards if you do all quests, which also had decent rewards and xp.

Aside from that, the rewards for the level 50 class quest was amazing for all classes and the ones that got a trinket basically had a trinket slot locked until raiding.
    Trinkets were hard to get by even until level 60, especially decent ones, so many people were so pissed once they learned the trinkets were the much better choice.

Doing ST once for the class quests was a must for everyone.

Least favorite was the outside of Maraudon before entering, if that counts.
    Most favorites were Stratholme, Sunken Temple, and ... Maraudon lol

BRD, i think the original concept was to make it a 5 man raid meant to be cleared in guild run, but that concept failed hard and pugging it was a nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hands down, Blackrock Depths. It was the longest, most confusing place and I ran it way more than I wanted to. After that is probably Dire Maul just because it was so bland. A lot of running and not a lot of killing. My all time favorite was UBRS though.

Was meaning, during vanilla? Hard to say, and I may change my post later, but the first one that comes to mind was Sunken Temple. Was something like a 2 hour slog through boring trash mobs in a moldy temple with literally no bosses at all for the entire first half. If I recall it had a lot of other nuisances as well, but I'm not recalling them. Most of the crap was cut when it was updated later on. I do still miss the classic Hakkar event, but meh.

5+ Year Old Account
    My top 3:

• Sunken Temple. Man, all those almost identical hallways, it was a !@#$ing nightmare to navigate.
    • Wailing Caverns. God, how I hate that place, back in Vanilla and now as well.
    • Maraudon. Finding the right entrance was a pita, but not as bad as the aforementioned two instances.

Maraudon come to mind first, then Gnomer
    I read a few post, yes Uldaman not too much please.

Many don't like the Black rock instance, but hey, everytime I was going at Black Rock, I had this feeling *Let's get on an adventure tonight*

Scarlet Monastery

Uldaman was kind of cool place, but an utter pain to finish with the average pug. Same goes for Sunken Temple as well. Most bland and boring ones are probably the razorfen ones and stockade, and Maraudon for the certain parts of it, part of it was quite good though.
    BRD gets honorable mention that it could be either The best instance ever, or drive you completely insane. The design and atmosphere is still unrivaled there. But the pugability, oh dear god...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    easily Dire Maul

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, RFC I guess. Maybe Stockades?

There's instances that I just don't like because of their layout or because of a boss mechanic. But those two probably come out on top of the dung heap.

I am quite fond of ZF though.
    Here is something to believe in!

Razorfen Kraul .

Very difficult to get to, no reason to go there, no one wanted to run it, no one knew it if you did run it, and quillboar lel.

Although the only thing in Warcraft I've ever truly hated is Escape From Durnholde.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    A tie between Ragefire Chasm and Stockades. Love all the other vanilla dungeons and, in my opinion, they are the best in the whole game.

Linear dungeons and dungeons that can be done in 15 minutes aren't for me.

From memory, LBRS was the worst and one of the hardest to find a group for