Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Why do you think we spend a billion dollars on our military? It’s so we can bully people to our will
    I'm going to ask how much peyote and quaaludes you've been ingesting. That's not what a military is for. You keep it strong to defend, but you don't go around acting like a fucking moron thinking that parading it around is going to get you respect.

The quote is "talk softly and carry a big stick" not "ramble on like a coke addicted hyena and brag about your "big button"."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Most certainly you, especially since you've said to kill Canada and colonize it. They'll go with the next best deal if Trump continues to shit the bed. No reason to go with a shitty U.S. deal with there's a better one out there.

Why do you think this deal we are trying to give them is so much better than what China might have to offer? Trump is fucking this up royally and for some reason you still think he's some sort of savior.
    If China is offering a better deal then I’d assume Canada is really happy right now

If China is offering a better deal then I’d assume Canada is really happy right now
    And you're happy to because Trump caused such a thing to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea you’re right, the threat of violence never influenced anything
    Is Trump now threatening violence? What are you talking about?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

And you're happy to because Trump caused such a thing to happen.
    Has it happened yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Is Trump now threatening violence? What are you talking about?
    Our massive military is a giant implication of violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our massive military is a giant implication of violence.
    Oh you almost got me... I heart always sunny as well...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    If it comes to the survival of my people I am willing to consider any option. I don’t think you have to worry about Canadians dying though, they would never militarily ally with China
    How about not starting a trade war in the first place, novel concept.

But yes; considering that you seem to think your attitude is the one the US should have, I'm not sure why any country would bother dealing with the US if China is acting more conciliatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    There’s really no good argument for us not colonizing Canada and Mexico.
    Of course there is. The US just unilaterally invading other sovereign nations without even a flimsy pretense about terrorism or whatnot would instantly unite the rest of the world against us.

The economic repercussions would be severe. The likelihood of retaliation would also be severe. You really think even our military can defend the entirety of North America?

How you even came to this conclusion -- even ignore the moral and ethical implications -- is baffling.

The US isn't untouchable by any stretch of the imagination, not against a united rest-of-world.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Of course there is. The US just unilaterally invading other sovereign nations without even a flimsy pretense about terrorism or whatnot would instantly unite the rest of the world against us.

The economic repercussions would be severe. The likelihood of retaliation would also be severe. You really think even our military can defend the entirety of North America?

How you even came to this conclusion -- even ignore the moral and ethical implications -- is baffling.

The US isn't untouchable by any stretch of the imagination, not against a united rest-of-world.
    Not to mention it might trigger civil unrest within the united states, since i don't believe the entire population would be in favor of going to war with your neighbors. This could start another civil war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Not to mention it might trigger civil unrest within the united states, since i don't believe the entire population would be in favor of going to war with your neighbors. This could start another civil war.
    It's a stupid idea frankly. We aren't going to invade Canada nor Mexico. It won't happen. Even talking about it is really silly.

There's a far greater likelihood we'd try to take over the middle east using stamping out terrorism as a pretense, but even that is so absurd it's hard to even wrap my head around.

There is a reason countries don't just go around invading other countries for lulz. It's much the same reason no one actually fires nukes. Anyone who did so would be swiftly put down by the rest of the world. Most likely using sanctions and other economic means. When Russia nibbled off part of the Ukraine -- which had at least some flimsy justification around there was reaction and punishment. Now imagine if Russia just took over the entirety of the Ukraine.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Why do you think we spend a billion dollars on our military?

- - - Updated - - -

If we cared what other countries wanted we wouldn’t spend a trillion dollars on our military
    That escalated quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    There's a far greater likelihood we'd try to take over the middle east using stamping out terrorism as a pretense, but even that is so absurd it's hard to even wrap my head around.
    That depends... will it be the “bomb the shit out of them and give their oil to Exxon” Trump or the “Russia is doing a great job fighting terrorism” Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That escalated quickly.
    It’s the Harvey Weinstein’s form of diplomacy... do as I say or there is an an implication.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s the Harvey Weinstein’s form of diplomacy... do as I say or there is an an implication.
    Well, much of diplomacy has worked that way since forever. (Which does not make it right.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just today i was thinking Ode of Joy is a really good song if european troops finally liberate Washington. Definitely better than playing star spangled banner in Tijuana...

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That escalated quickly.
    Oh shit you found a typo, argument over

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post

It would make way more sense to invade Mexico then it did to invade Iraq

How exactly does it make more sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Just today i was thinking Ode of Joy is a really good song if european troops finally liberate Washington.
    Funny story: the only foreign military to ever defeat our country on our native soil, were Europeans.

Hawaii wasn't a state when Pearl Harbor happened.

The Civil War was all us.

And 9/11 wasn't a military.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd make more sense to sell the red states back to France.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You must look at it from Putin's perspective and everything will become clear to you.

Mexico’s instability is way more of a national security threat then Sadaam ever was.