Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    North Korea has refused to meet with the USA, citing that Trump's preconditions for the talk are unacceptable.

"What preconditions were demanded, in the effort to diplomatically get North Korea to end its nuclear weapons program?"

North Korea would have to end its nuclear weapons program.

"Yes, what were the preconditions?"

Those were the preconditions.

Just so we're clear: asking North Korea to end its nuclear weapons program before diplomatic negotiations continue, is like taking Jerusalem away from the Palestinians before working out a peace deal between them and Israel.
    ...oh my fucking god, what is wrong with them.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Trump: "See, it is simple. Negotiations are much easier if the most important issue is already resolved how I want it before they start. That's how we do it in the business world all the time. People just do what I want because I bully them into it, then we have a nice chat, and I am called a master negotiator."

Because Death is an Undeniable Fuel of Life
    That's why.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Falling right for the diplomatic trap thats being laid out because the current administration lacks experience. NK is going to continue to meet with SK and tell them how much the US is keeping the two Koreas from reaching some sort of peaceful agreement. They'll probably invite the Chinese to the table too. Thankfully there is a good chance that NK will do something to mess up any real peace but not without undermining US foreign policy first.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Kushner's off to meet Netanyahu to discuss matters his security clearance can't handle.

Good to know there is no accountability in the WH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I understanding this correctly? So buddy here refused to enforce sanctions passed by Congress, THAT HE SIGNED, but he wants to sanction tariff US allies?

Now I not all sanctions are tariffs and not all tariffs are sanctions but we know exactly how he is using in this particular instance.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, Kushner's off to meet Netanyahu to discuss matters his security clearance can't handle.

Good to know there is no accountability in the WH.
    At this point is there anything that we can point to that is good at the WH? And I'm pretty sure we can use this tidbit against any and all remaining Trumpkins - if they can't see the light at the end of the tunnel from this, then they are beyond hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    At this point is there anything that we can point to that is good at the WH? And I'm pretty sure we can use this tidbit against any and all remaining Trumpkins - if they can't see the light at the end of the tunnel from this, then they are beyond hope.
    Think the crazy train passed the last train station long a go, and isn't showing any signs of stopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    At this point is there anything that we can point to that is good at the WH?
    They're not putting skeletor on tv anymore.

For real though, if jared ever got around to his "modernizing the government" initiative, I think that could be a good thing. It took me a while to come up with something, and that's about all I could come up with. Something that might be good, that they talked about at the beginning of last summer, that I've heard zero news about since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Steele reportedly told Mueller the Kremlin intervened to block Romney from being Sec. of State because he's tough on Russia. Tillerson received an Order of Friendship award from Putin & has done effectively nothing to counter Russian information warfare https://t.co/kV2FbNVLFGhttps://t.co/PvyrocnMVS
    https://twitter.com/brianklaas/statu...074534400?s=19

Donny Orange Turd is such a stooge. A puppet.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://twitter.com/brianklaas/statu...074534400?s=19

Yep, no collusion going on in the White House right now. Nope, zero. @Ransath was totally "right" about everything.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Also mentioned in another thread.

It should be noted that Tillerson, clearly a friend of Russia, was also a friend of Exxon and by proxy Exxon expanding into Russia. We've seen, recently, this option fell apart, costing Exxon $200 million in the process but saving them from larger losses in the future.

What losses? Losses because of sanctions of course! Now Exxon gets to suck on that loss, while the steel tariffs raise the price of building new refineries. Oh, did I mention the oil industry uses about 10% of the steel in this country? I'm fairly sure I did.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    They're not putting skeletor on tv anymore.

For real though, if jared ever got around to his "modernizing the government" initiative, I think that could be a good thing. It took me a while to come up with something, and that's about all I could come up with. Something that might be good, that they talked about at the beginning of last summer, that I've heard zero news about since.
    Alright, if we're looking for glass-half-full material. I do recall Trump floating the idea of term limits (LOL) right after he was elected. I would really like to see that.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=53531888

So remember that embassy in Jerusalem? Estimates are that it will cost around $1B in total to build.

But fuck that nose, Trump is gonna get it done for $250K because who what does anything matter anymore. Why not have said he'd get it built for a firm handshake and a cup of tea, if we're going to be saying stupid shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=53531888

So remember that embassy in Jerusalem? Estimates are that it will cost around $1B in total to build.

But fuck that nose, Trump is gonna get it done for $250K because who what does anything matter anymore. Why not have said he'd get it built for a firm handshake and a cup of tea, if we're going to be saying stupid shit?
    It'll just be an unmanned cardboard box.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, he might not even attend the opening.

Granted, if I single-handedly destroyed peace in the Middle East, then ordered the embassy to be made out of cardboard boxes (dammit @Kujako ), I wouldn't set foot in it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It'll just be an unmanned cardboard box.
    "I don't want any of those French boxes with that "fragi-le" on the side, this is America! Give me good, solid American boxes."

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't want any of those French boxes with that "fragi-le" on the side
    Misquoting the Christmas Story? That's a paddlin'

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't want any of those French boxes with that "fragi-le" on the side, this is America! Give me good, solid American boxes."
    In fact, lets impose a tariff on boxes!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Ben Carson posts his own version of "Who knew running the HUD could be so complicated?"

Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary and former neurosurgeon Ben Carson said late last week that running the agency is more complex than brain surgery.

“There are more complexities here than in brain surgery,” Carson told the New York Times. “Doing this job is going to be a very intricate process.”

Carson, who worked for decades as a neurosurgeon before entering politics, spoke with the newspaper in the wake of multiple ethical complaints levied against his department.

The department came under scrutiny after it was reported HUD ordered a $31,000 dining room set, crossing a $5,000 limit on such purchases. Carson said later he had canceled the order.

The department’s inspector general said late last month it had opened a review into Carson’s family’s involvement at the agency.

The inspector general took interest after reports that officials were concerned Carson’s son, Ben Carson Jr., invited potential business associates to a HUD “listening tour” event last summer in Baltimore.

Carson downplayed the problems to the New York Times, saying his agency is “ethically pure.”

“I don’t have any problem with ethics,” Carson said. “Here is a rather unique situation, Ben is somebody who is integrally important to me, and wants to help. I’m not going to just say no because it looks this way or that way.”
    I am not sure how seriously I should judge Carson's view of difficulty. He couldn't even order a table right. I'm pretty sure running HUD or any govt dept is complicated as hell, which is why I'd only do such if I had the required training and experience. Carson is kind of a doctor, and --

"Whoa, kind of a doctor?"

He's an anti-vaxxer, so I'm not giving him the respect of the full title. Anyhow, his medical training has nothing to do with low-income housing. He was put there because he was black, and everyone knows it, including him.

- - - Updated - - -

And Trump's Panama Hotel has kicked out the Trump staff!

And this hit them on the ass on the way out:

"Fintiklis likened the Trumps to leeches who had attached to the property, 'draining our last drops of blood,' [in a letter to other owners] ... He has also filed legal actions accusing the Trump family business, the Trump Organization, of mismanaging the hotel."