Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Things that are most certainly going to be implended are:

-Bnet Features. All Blizzgames use them and thus classic will aswell.
    -Things that reduce support and gm activitys such as loot trade, restore or other things that tie to that
    -Bnet Currency and tokens, because tokens were a way to counter goldsellers. There are people wo are willing to pay money for gold and if Blizz doesn't provide it, other people will with all the negative consequences like account hacking.
    -Bnet shop with character transfers and faction changes. Same reason to counter payed leveling services.

So even without touching the gameplay or graphics there will be changes that were made to solve issues that directly negatively impacted the gameing experience or illegal actions or led to higher support costs. We can most certainly be sure, as Blizz is a company that tries to reduce costs (like all do) that these feature who were proven to do so, will be implended.
    No matter what.

Oh and BTW, to all of these nochange advocates: Most of you were playing on servers that provided these features aswell. Character boosts, payed exp increases, payed item loot and so on.

Anything that increases the amount of money Blizzard brings in (expect exp potions to appear in the shop by the time BfA arrives, why do you think they revamped the leveling process?), and anything that reduces the amount of money Blizzard spends (more automated work for GMs so that they can cut more work or perhaps even hires).

Beyond that, well.. not much. I need context to really have anything to talk about here.

Main thing to expect are exp potions on the Blizzard store. Frankly, I am surprised they haven't been added already. Give it time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    None of those - I just bought an old used 14" CRT monitor, a fairly preserved DSL modem 56K, building my Pentium III PC and Windows XP(last one was really hard to find). Just looking for some dated microsoft keyboard and mouse to complete my true vanilla experience, I dont want anything like high resolution, widescreen, Windows10, etc. #nochanges

I mean I've heard of taking things to extreme, but you're going next level purist.
    Here is something to believe in!

tokens and exp pots will not work on classic servers.

exp pots/+leveling items only exist because they want people at the endgame of retail faster this isn't a problem with classic

tokens only exist because gold farmers have had 14 years to find exploits in WoW to amass huge amounts of gold. 14 years is a very long time and there have been ALOT of exploits in that time to get huge amounts of gold that's why gold selling is such a problem on live. gold farmers do not use labor intensive ways to farm gold and probably haven't for 10+ years in classic because the game is not as big and they have had a decade and a half to consider what areas could be use for goldfarming they can simply alter thous areas to make them not viable for gold farming.

I think gold selling simply will not exist on classic servers because its not viable to farm gold with traditional "player" methods and then sell it.

I don't think the kind of gold farmers that just play like a player does to get gold and then sell it exist any more I think that economy is entirely based on exploits and hacks and they will not work in classic so no gold farming.

sure you might be able to buy some gold from some crazy seller but it will be very expensive and the seller will not have enough stock to keep up with demand so it simply will disappear.
    Last edited by He-man; 2018-03-06 at 11:51 AM.

I think it is unlikely they will make any balancing changes.

If they are running it on the new server engine, then by default everything is changed and subsequently re-changed to approximate the original as close as possible.

Besides that:
    - Integration into Battle.net
    - Changing of the scripting/macro system
    - Bug fixes for known exploits
    - conveniences to reduce support (like auto-unstuck)
    - (maybe not at start) anti theft/fraud systems such as the wow-token and leveling boosts.

Graphic ect more detail does not ruin the vanilla experiance. How many times I played games of old and remember them beeying way more prettier then they actualy where is a lot of times. Its when you are younger you experiance them different.

Its gameplay that cant be changed. Tallents. Spell levels and training and no tools like lfg/lfr and back to server communities. Thats what matters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    None of those - I just bought an old used 14" CRT monitor, a fairly preserved DSL modem 56K, building my Pentium III PC and Windows XP(last one was really hard to find). Just looking for some dated microsoft keyboard and mouse to complete my true vanilla experience, I dont want anything like high resolution, widescreen, Windows10, etc. #nochanges
    not sure u trolling or serious because even if u want u can't connect to 56k modem in any country, egypt - world record of slowest internet and most pricey per bit - itself doesn't have 56k connection anymore, lowest on earth is 512
    and it piss me off because i'd actually loved something like that but not just for wow, there are other games that can't run on modern pc even with virtual machines (namely commandos)
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Group Finder.
    WoW tokens.
    Updated Graphics.
    Guild Banks.

These are all pretty much certainties. I think anything that doesn't affect class balance is very likely. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Classic shipped with every zone level scaled.
    so how the fuck exactly is that supposted to be classic wow then ? did they bring down nostramus (or whatever it was) only to prove how private server vanilla players are right and blizz can't do that ever?
    i don't play on private purely for reason any day ur account can and will be deleted (did happen to me few times so i decided to fuck it), but if blizz refuse to give us what we asking (which is EXTREMELY easy, they have sc1 code still which is 10 years older than vanilla wow) then what they expect exactly
    delaying vanilla server is really worrying me, if i want i can run tomorrow a private server (and fuck my pc) so what exactly stopping the company that created it from doing so ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    It will be exactly like live servers with all the same features except the level cap will be 60, old character models and pre cata vanilla zones will be the only zones available.

That's literally what's going to happen.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    It will be exactly like live servers with all the same features except the level cap will be 60, old character models and pre cata vanilla zones will be the only zones available.

That's literally what's going to happen.
    I do by god hope you are right. I drool at the idea.

Vanilla truly is our paradise-lost.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by He-man View Post
    tokens and exp pots will not work on classic servers.

exp pots/+leveling items only exist because they want people at the endgame of retail faster this isn't a problem with classic

tokens only exist because gold farmers have had 14 years to find exploits in WoW to amass huge amounts of gold. 14 years is a very long time and there have been ALOT of exploits in that time to get huge amounts of gold that's why gold selling is such a problem on live. gold farmers do not use labor intensive ways to farm gold and probably haven't for 10+ years in classic because the game is not as big and they have had a decade and a half to consider what areas could be use for goldfarming they can simply alter thous areas to make them not viable for gold farming.

I think gold selling simply will not exist on classic servers because its not viable to farm gold with traditional "player" methods and then sell it.

I don't think the kind of gold farmers that just play like a player does to get gold and then sell it exist any more I think that economy is entirely based on exploits and hacks and they will not work in classic so no gold farming.

sure you might be able to buy some gold from some crazy seller but it will be very expensive and the seller will not have enough stock to keep up with demand so it simply will disappear.
    The wow-token and level boosts exists because account theft was a major problem. The same solutions because of the same reasons will be applied to Classic. I don't think you have any idea of how cheap labor is in some parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Group Finder - By god I hope not.
    WoW tokens - I doubt it. Isnt the main objective of them to combat inflation?
    No, the main objective of WoW tokens is to combat gold sellers. Which were a massive, massive problem in Vanilla.

As for group finder, I am talking about the UI function only, not the random dungeon queue system.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-03-06 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    No, the main objective of WoW tokens is to combat gold sellers.
    Which didn't work for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It depends on where they start. If they start at 1.12 then likely very few with respect to gameplay. The further back you go the more likely you are to see adjustments.

Having to make it work on modern infrastructure is likely to introduce a few things and it wouldn't surprise me much if they set it up for modern PC hardware like landscape monitors.
    I hope they don't start at 1.12 just like it was back then,as it has nerfed raids (not talking about bugfixes) and AV is already completely ruined in 1.12,they should take the best of each patch

Why do you say that? I've seen a massive reduction trade spam after the token was introduced.

Yes, it did.

Deleted
    Yes, it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Why do you say that? I've seen a massive reduction trade spam after the token was introduced.
    Anecdotal data. Show me some real mathematical data to back up your claims because there is no evidence to support that it has changed.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I hope they don't start at 1.12 just like it was back then,as it has nerfed raids (not talking about bugfixes) and AV is already completely ruined in 1.12,they should take the best of each patch
    Same, 1.12 was only 4 months of the 2 year Vanilla, and it completely changes the tier 1/2 experience with the more powerful items/talents.

(not just speaking of 1.12 as a standalone patch, but the state of the game as a whole by then)
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-06 at 12:49 PM.

Anecdotal data. Show me some real mathematical data to back up your claims because there is no evidence to support that it has changed.
    You're the one asserting it didn't work, so you first.

The only proof I need to show it reduced the trade in 3rd party gold selling is the fact that there are WoW tokens for sale. Every time someone pays blizzard real money for in-game gold, they're taking money out of the pockets of 3rd party gold sellers.

Are you seriously claming that nobody buys wow tokens?
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-03-06 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    You're the one asserting it didn't work, so you first.
    If something is occurring (gold selling), it is statistically safe to say that it is still occurring unless there is data to presume that it has changed.

Gold selling used to be a problem, you agree? Well statistically speaking, if there is no statistical data to proof that it has changed then the presumption is that it hasn't changed. And I see no evidence to support that the problem has changed so your claims are mathematically unproven therefor the problem has not changed.

You need mathematical data to prove a change in something, if something has widely persisted, why would you need to prove that it exist when it has always existed?

- - - Updated - - -

The only proof I need to show it reduced the trade in 3rd party gold selling is the fact that there are WoW tokens for sale. Every time someone pays blizzard real money for in-game gold, they're taking money out of the pockets of 3rd party gold sellers.

Are you seriously claming that nobody buys wow tokens?
    This claim has no evidence. Who is to say that the people buying wow tokens are the same people who break the rules to buy gold from 3rd parties? They could possibly be 2 completely different audiences of people, one who are willing to break the rules and still do and one who aren't willing to break the rules. Your claim holds no value.