Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    I have less than ten twitter followers (and I'm certain they're bots). I support it. I've also been a victim of rape, and sexual interference and threats. My rape happened when I was too young to understand let alone know who to tell or that it was safe to tell when I'd been threatened not to.

You're missing the point that someone in authority who asks someone to suck their dick for favors is a fucking criminal. Whether or not people took him up on it, which MOST OF THESE WOMEN DID NOT, has nothing to do with his being a fucking criminal.

The women who went along with it were terrified. This was their LIVELIHOOD at stake. They need to eat. To work. Because it was a threat - sleep with me or never have a job again. (Courtney Love was thrown under a bus for speaking up - and yeah SHE NEVER WORKED IN HOLLYWOOD AGAIN.) Making a choice that saves your life doesn't mean you weren't a victim. It also doesn't mean that the person making that threat didn't commit a crime.

"He had a gun to my head, so I gave him my wallet!"

"Well, that's not a crime! You could have said no! You could have fought back! All I'm seeing is someone asking for your wallet and you going along with it. You obviously benefitted from it because you LIVED, didn't you? He got something, YOU got something!"

You're a creep for thinking that their going along with a threat is okay because they didn't have their careers ruined and that was enough of a "benefit" to outweigh the crime.
    Lol, this is so funny, so... It is not okay to ruin someones livelihood unless they "tricked" you into having sex with them, then its all fine, even if there ins't any evidence... Right...

7+ Year Old Account
    The statistics of this movement are already showing managers and trainers to avoid having a female trainee due to being afraid of being acused.

I was asigned early this year for 2 months in the East Coast to check in the financial and resource management departments in the East Coast of one of our subsidaries and they've told me cases where men that were supposed to train women in management jobs petitioned for another one to take their place and they've had troubles finding ones that would accept.

My opinion about all your movements regarding these new "trends" in your country are just detrimental to the work place and will only increase the gap between men and women in the wrong way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Free markets and free speech should be illegal? That's an interesting concept... No thanks.
    Defamacion and free speech isnt the same thing. Welcome to reality

15+ Year Old Account
    It's useless because people barely even mention it anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I find this attitude of yours (evident throughout the thread) to be somewhat smug.

The simple fact is that people who have been in positions of power and influence have failed since forever to bother to campaign for these things, yet now they want to complain when the victims have found a way to fight back that might result in collateral damage.

I am not denying that #MeToo has created its own innocent victims, and I am not defending that at all. What I am saying is that it is a consequence of people (mostly powerful men) failing to care about the victims (mostly women) when it's not us. The fact is that it is simple human nature to act in our own best interests ahead of the best interests of others. Instead of shitting all over #MeToo, maybe we should be looking at why it happened in the first place, and the address the very problem that our society has always had.
    Those arent the same people at all?

You find me smug how? Because i'm arguing my case on a discussion forum? Because i actually believe what i am typing in here or?

Because what was supposed to be for an actual good thing to help woman it turned into a witch hunt against every man who even said something considered sexist by today's standards. It was hijacked by fucking assholes.

Deleted
    I agree with many of the things Damon said, and I also disagree with a few things. Once again, he should be free to speak his mind, good for him. The people speaking out against him should also be free to speak their minds. That is exactly how free speech and the free markets should operate. In the end, the most powerful form of speech is with money.
    Yeah except right now there are 20k ppl on twitter raging against him and it looks like he might loose his job...

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Defamacion and free speech isnt the same thing. Welcome to reality
    Then you should prosecute those who are proven to make false accusations. I have always said people should be held responsible for their actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah except right now there are 20k ppl on twitter raging against him and it looks like he might loose his job...
    Once again, that's how the free markets work. It's why Kevin Spacey doesn't have a job, and why Colin Kaepernick is not an NFL QB.

Deleted
    Then you should prosecute those who are proven to make false accusations. I have always said people should be held responsible for their actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, that's how the free markets work. It's why Kevin Spacey doesn't have a job, and why Colin Kaepernick is not an NFL QB.
    YOu keep mentioning the free market. To me this just isnt the same thing at all. Would you mind explaining exactly how you think this correlates?

How do you prosecute 20-100k twitter accounts who may or may not be false?

Edit:
    Nevermind the fact that(this isnt true for Matt Damon since he isnt accused of rape or any touchy stuff yet at least) once you are accused of rape that kind of stuff sticks to you even /ifwhen proven innocent

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    It is the only stance to have, anything else is not justice, it is a witch hunt.
    Nonsense. This assumes that justice works in the status quo. If the justice system is consistently failing victims, then it is broken and no better than a witch hunt.

Innocent until proven guilty wasn't invented to ensure rapist could go free, it ensures that everyone gets a fair treatment
    False. Even though it wasn't invented to ensure rapist could go free, it is a system that has been thoroughly abused to the point that it fails utterly to ensure that everyone gets a fair treatment. I mean sure, it ensures that a small group of falsely accused men are treated fairly....at a cost of millions of women having to suffer every year. Like I said, if you've never been a victim, and the system serves to protect your interests, then it's easy to defend such a system. But it is not an objective position to hold.

#Metoo doesn't do shit, it doens't help anyone the only thing it does is slander.
    As I have already said and why, I think that #MeToo is inadequate. At best it's a start and might just serve as a catalyst to get people to get off their collective asses and start changing the status quo. Also slander is only slander if the accusations are false.

If you call a witch hunt an improvement then i really can not take you seriously.
    1) I never said a witch hunt is an improvement. I said #MeToo is an improvement. You're making a strawman.
    2) I have stopped taking you seriously a long time ago because you consistently show in incapacity to give a shit about any other human being except yourself.

Deleted
    Even though it wasn't invented to ensure rapist could go free, it is a system that has been thoroughly abused to the point that it fails utterly to ensure that everyone gets a fair treatmen
    How exactly is that exact system being abused?

If we drop that system i could literally just say "realbo fucked me in the ass and i didnt like it" and you would go to jail until you could prove otherwise. IF thats not the dumbest shit i've heard i dont know what is

YOu keep mentioning the free market. To me this just isnt the same thing at all. Would you mind explaining exactly how you think this correlates?

How do you prosecute 20-100k twitter accounts who may or may not be false?

Edit:
    Nevermind the fact that(this isnt true for Matt Damon since he isnt accused of rape or any touchy stuff yet at least) once you are accused of rape that kind of stuff sticks to you even /ifwhen proven innocent
    It's people talking against other people, it's the free market of ideas. He's still free to speak, as are they. People are free to choose, and decide where to spend their money. After all, this is all about money. Just look at Colin Kaepernick.

As for those Twitter accounts, are they falsely accusing him of rape or sexual assault, or are they simply arguing against him?

I know two people who were falsely accused of rape. One was able to overcome it and become a cop. The other was able to overcome it and became an engineer. One of the accusers was prosecuted, the other was not, because there was insufficient evidence against her.

Deleted
    Nonsense. This assumes that justice works in the status quo. If the justice system is consistently failing victims, then it is broken and no better than a witch hunt.
    And how exactly doesn't it work? It works exactly as intended. Have proof otherwise you do not have a case. So yes, it is exactly a witch hunt.

False. Even though it wasn't invented to ensure rapist could go free, it is a system that has been thoroughly abused to the point that it fails utterly to ensure that everyone gets a fair treatment. I mean sure, it ensures that a small group of falsely accused men are treated fairly....at a cost of millions of women having to suffer every year. Like I said, if you've never been a victim, and the system serves to protect your interests, then it's easy to defend such a system. But it is not an objective position to hold.
    That means that it isn't false, it means it is correct. That not everyone gets a fair treatment isn't a good reason to make it even more unfair. This isn't just for rape charges, it is for everything. And i for one are not going to belief anyone because they said something, proof is what sets everything apart.

As I have already said and why, I think that #MeToo is inadequate. At best it's a start and might just serve as a catalyst to get people to get off their collective asses and start changing the status quo. Also slander is only slander if the accusations are false.
    Again, it can not serve anything when all it does is spout meaningless accusations. And again, you need proof before you accuse someone of something, otherwise you can just accuse someone and have them convicted. The whole justice system is based on presumption of innocence, if you remove that then everyone will lose all faith in the justice system. It is better for a 100 criminals to go free then for 1 person to be there unjustly.

1) I never said a witch hunt is an improvement. I said #MeToo is an improvement. You're making a strawman.
    2) I have stopped taking you seriously a long time ago because you consistently show in incapacity to give a shit about any other human being except yourself.
    1) You said #metoo is an improvement and #metoo is a witch hunt by it very definition. That is not a strawman, that is you actually saying that a witch hunt is an improvement over the basis of our justice system.\
    2) Oh we are back at you not being able to have a single discussion without trying to paint me as some horrible person.. How wonderful.. Maybe try and make an actual argument instead of pooping on the basis of our justice system.

- - - Updated - - -

How exactly is that exact system being abused?

If we drop that system i could literally just say "realbo fucked me in the ass and i didnt like it" and you would go to jail until you could prove otherwise. IF thats not the dumbest shit i've heard i dont know what is
    He does this all the time, he says some incredibly dumb shit and then paints you a soulless monster for not agreeing with him.

Deleted
    It's people talking against other people, it's the free market of ideas. He's still free to speak, as are they. People are free to choose, and decide where to spend their money. After all, this is all about money. Just look at Colin Kaepernick.

As for those Twitter accounts, are they falsely accusing him of rape or sexual assault, or are they simply arguing against him?

I know two people who were falsely accused of rape. One was able to overcome it and become a cop. The other was able to overcome it and became an engineer. One of the accusers was prosecuted, the other was not, because there was insufficient evidence against her.
    THe Matt Damon case consists of people who are demanding he looses his job. THey make petitions with 20k signs on it. I'm not sure if there are allegations against him aswell.

Every single post on twitter about someone getting raped under the MeToo hashtag or any other is de facto defamation until they go to court with it. Unless they provide a video or some kind of proof aswell but i guess then it would be slandering. Either way its actually illegal but because MeToo is so big in the US its not punnished(or because they are all guilty and wont go to court with it, what do i know).

Anyway at this point its definitely not just people talking against other people.

One of my best friends father was falsely accused at a young age. It was prooven beyond any doubt that he was innocent. Hasnt been able to get a job within his chosen field since because rumors spread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denning View Post
    Whether the system is abused or not is up for debate. It is believed however that the average conviction rate of rapists is 6 in 1000. Now I know you think you cannot be raped unless the case goes to court but even you must admit that the system is pretty broken if the conviction rate is that low. An no, that does not mean the other 994 were falsely accused by someone looking for fame or money.
    I freely admit its broken. Definitely. THere is no doubt. I was never speaking out against that. Another broken system that also punnishes innocent people while being anarchy just isnt the solution and needs to be stopped

THe Matt Damon case consists of people who are demanding he looses his job. THey make petitions with 20k signs on it. I'm not sure if there are allegations against him aswell.

Every single post on twitter about someone getting raped under the MeToo hashtag or any other is de facto defamation until they go to court with it. Unless they provide a video or some kind of proof aswell but i guess then it would be slandering. Either way its actually illegal but because MeToo is so big in the US its not punnished(or because they are all guilty and wont go to court with it, what do i know).

Anyway at this point its definitely not just people talking against other people.

One of my best friends father was falsely accused at a young age. It was prooven beyond any doubt that he was innocent. Hasnt been able to get a job within his chosen field since because rumors spread.

- - - Updated - - -

I freely admit its broken. Definitely. THere is no doubt. I was never speaking out against that. Another broken system that also punnishes innocent people while being anarchy just isnt the solution and needs to be stopped
    Making a petition to demand he lose his job is the exercising of free speech. You can make one to demand he keep his job. Are the people who pushed it way too damn sensitive... sure, i would say they are in my opinion. I'm not going to stop watching his movies, because of what he said. Once again, that is exactly how the free markets work.

No, every accusation is not a de facto defamation, you are now trying to do the exact same thing you are accusing others of doing. It's not illegal to accuse someone of rape, even without evidence. I would love to see you try and back up such a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    I'm sorry, but it's up to the cops to collect the evidence. Not the victims. The cops make the arrest when THEY have enough evidence. And part of the issue is that the cops aren't doing their job.

It's like a cop is literally going into a ransacked house with things broken and stolen and saying "I'm not dusting for prints. No point. None of this is real. Also, how were you dressed when you were supposedly robbed? Yeah, that doesn't sound real to me."

Part of this is to get the cops to do their job and fully investigate accusations. You want due process, start demanding that cops do their freaking jobs and getting the innocent people off the hook and getting the guilty people into the system. And likewise, if someone is proven innocent, get the person making false charges in trouble.

If cops did their jobs and took this shit seriously, this wouldn't be such an issue.

There's a few states with backlogs of rape kits they haven't tested because they can't be bothered. There's the evidence. Cops just aren't bothering to move forward with these cases because a possible rapist might experience backlash and the cops would rather protect the reputation of a possible rapist over getting justice for the person who is making the accusation.
    I think the bigger problem is having no evidence to begin with. Often times cases like harassment and rape have no evidence so it's hard to make a case. Top that with the fact most victims don't go to the police right away, severely diminishes any chances of justice happening. It's really a shitty situation for the victim.

I knew this would happen when we let women on the internet, same thing happened when we let them into the Wild West, they ruin all the fun.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

. It's not illegal to accuse someone of rape, even without evidence. .
    It can be if it's a lie. They can be charged with a civil crime or receive criminal charge depending on the severity (wasting law enforcement time up to planting/tampering with evidence to frame an accused). If it were to go to trial and they lie during trial, then they could also be charged with perjury. Meanwhile, they're dragging someone's name through the mud the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    It can be if it's a lie. They can be charged with a civil crime or receive criminal charge depending on the severity (wasting law enforcement time up to planting/tampering with evidence to frame an accused). If it were to go to trial and they lie during trial, then they could also be charged with perjury. Meanwhile, they're dragging someone's name through the mud the entire time.
    Yes, if it's a lie, then it is absolutely defamatory. I'm simply hesitant to say that they are all "de facto" defamatory, as that does the same thing that the OP is accusing others of doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNwuaOQEMkE

Mob mentality in the US.

Anarchy apparently rules on twitter and for some mornonic reason what a big group of just absolute idiots say on twitter has effect on the real world.

There is so much weird going on in the US atm. As a dane i just cant understand it. Why do you guys bow under for this? Arent you guys supposed to stand up for whats right - the american way - american heroes and such?

These twitter users are obviously completely fucking moronic(sorry)

Edit:
    Just editing here to write what the video contains. Its a video defending Matt Damon and his recent talks about the #MeToo "movement". Apparently 20k rabid twitter females and their gamma male partners are accusing him of being on pair with a rapist
    Yup, Thanks to the internet stupid people can now find each other and form groups, never underestimate the power of stupid in large numbers.