Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

International Women's Day

Today is International Women's Day. Gender threads are a banned topic because they don't go well, so please keep things simple and just say something good about the women in your life.

For my part, I'd like to say thanks to my (quasi-adoptive) daughters. I'm proud of each of them. For 2.1 (Pink), it has been a strange journey, but I appreciate the cheer and energy she brings to my life.

The day may not have started on your side of the planet, and it may be one that doesn't get much local recognition. No matter, try to take a moment and say something positive.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I saw this topic and immediately thought about the scene from Deadpool.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ill say thanks to women with clean/shaved vaginas
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh, maybe I'll go out and see if some bars have discounted drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    When is international men's day
    November 19th

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    ill say thanks to women with clean/shaved vaginas
    Lol, jesus, guy!

Holy fuck I just googled it and it exists, why doesn't anyone tell me these things

Happy "When is international men's day" day!

"It's a banned topic, but here's a thread about it anyway, so please drink the kool-aid and agree with me, k?"

I don't even know where to start with this one.

Exactly!

Can we have one too in the interests of equality?
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Lol, jesus, guy!
    oi mock me all you want but ive been the only one to lend thanks
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Exactly!

Can we have one too in the interests of equality?
    There is one, too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monday, 19 November

#boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Empress Theodora is still a personal hero of mine. <3

All hail the most magnificent and magnanimous Empress Theodora, beloved of Rome! From the lowly ranks of actress and courtesan you became the most powerful woman in the Roman Empire, consort to Justinian I. Starting in the late 520's AD, you joined your husband in a series of important spiritual and legal reforms, creating many laws which elevated the status of and promoted equal treatment of women in the empire. You also aided in the restoration and construction of many aqueducts, bridges and churches across Constantinople, culminating in the creation of the Hagia Sophia, one of the most splendid architectural wonders of the world. Great was your life, greater was your legacy.

Possibly one of the greatest women of the period or that thousand year stretch and the best woman to ever inhabit the Roman Empire.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2018-03-08 at 02:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Gender threads are a banned topic
    Why are you so special?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to congratulate a woman for being just a woman. I never got any compliment for being a man (which would be ridiculous btw), so, why should i treat women as special human beings on this day ?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Oooh, maybe I'll go out and see if some bars have discounted drinks.

November 11th
    Fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Today is International Women's Day. Gender threads are a banned topic because they don't go well, so please keep things simple and just say something good about the women in your life.

For my part, I'd like to say thanks to my (quasi-adoptive) daughters. I'm proud of each of them. For 2.1 (Pink), it has been a strange journey, but I appreciate the cheer and energy she brings to my life.

The day may not have started on your side of the planet, and it may be one that doesn't get much local recognition. No matter, try to take a moment and say something positive.
    please just shut down this thread, its already a shit show, and by your own words a banned topic.

I love how half the thread is "when is men day" trying to be victims already, just google it.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    I love how half the thread is "when is men day" trying to be victims already, just google it.
    https://i.imgur.com/dMVxtXq.jpg

They pretty transparently don't care about International Men's Day for any reason except "b-b-but the fffffeeeemaaaalllllesss shouldn't have anything I don't have!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I googled it, and this was the first thing that popped up after wikipedia:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/micha...b_4302641.html "International Men’s Day: When 365 Days Just Aren’t Enough"

Why am I not surprised?
    And just why nobody should look to Huffington post for anything
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Womens day is every day for my partner... Like Valentines day I dont need one day to show how great she is. Fuck these appreciation days. My partner also thinks Women Day and Valentines Day is dumb xD
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance