Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    This not like gamers have never supported games with female or black main characters to say nothing of making your own.

Forcing a faulty quota concept of their MUST be X groups and it MUST be X way however yeah people will fight that ir saying x game is bad because reasons..or saying you are a hateful bigot just because you play games yeah not cool.

I am anti pc not pro discrimination or hate..if anything i am anti hate just i see it everywhere these days.
    The issue was the sheer amount of moral outrage that came from it all. The anti-PC crowd became the SJW PC group for a large part of it. People should speak with their wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Do an exercice, please.

Look yourself in a mirror and say :

''I'm sure that the GOP would approve the boobie alleged games favored by KIA, like the Senran Kagura spinoffs and various ''games'' peddled by NiS America''. (you know, the games that are ''censored'' by SJWs who mock them on twitter)
    what are you talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    It means when you insert people into a study because they are a minority in the real world when it doesn't fit the story of the game.

A recent example was a hostorical game set in Middle Ages Bohemia, which at the time was entirely full of white people. The game is called Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and there were repeated and loud calls from the SJW-infested media to make the game include more people of colour.

Another example is The Witcher or the Legend of Zelda, where these same people wanted to play as women, even though anyone who knows the lore of these games know that that couldn't possibly work unless the whole perspective of the storytelling changed and the game was redeveloped from the ground up. When they didn't get what they wanted, they threw a fit.
    Wellll i DID fogure a good way to make zelda the lead buut would take some work and was based on pre botw gameplay. Would require link be corrupted JUST enough to fight for ganondorf but not so much he was irredeemable and lost his courage

Magic could replace items and so on.

Overall yeah pretty much against lore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because video games are art, and art can and should be subjected to criticism about its social roles as well as its quality.
    This games role was to tell a historical story, set in a setting that a unfamiliar to most people. But most of the mainstream game journalists was only complaning about how the game lacked PoC and how problematic that was in todays society. Completly disregarding what the artists wanted to portray.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm still rather shocked how seriously people took GamerGate. This was something that really triggered millions of people... and it wasn't even that big of an issue. It should have been little more than a footnote, but as you see, people take that shit very seriously.
    It was probably because of how it developed into a social war of sorts with pc/censirship happy folks vs anti pc pro creative freedom folks.

First time i think a LARGE group stood up to extreme feminists actually

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    what are you talking about
    The people are playing pretend and trying to say that the GOP like videogames.

It was probably because of how it developed into a social war of sorts with pc/censirship happy folks vs anti pc pro creative freedom folks.

Ah yes, those FRADOM OF SPUCH heroes who get into convulsions of rage and send death threats to people saying they don't like ''Boobie Beach 3''. Those FRADOM OF SPUCH heroes who would scream that ''Der Jude Suss'' is a SJW movie.

You should give them the Iron Cross of Aryan Studness for such heroic deeds as ''fallling for basic marketing traps and buy games that barely qualify as games such as DOAX 3 to ''stand up against SJWs'' who said at worse ''this game is crap''.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-03-08 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your issue is with extraneous characters, not with diversity. Gotcha.

And this is bad, because....?

I'll give you a few minutes so you can rethink trying to use diegesis to justify a lack of diversity.

- - - Updated - - -

So are they trying to make a documentary, or a video game?
    As realistic a game as they can.

If it had been set in africa it likely would have been all black people. If in asia all asian and so on. They just used the region they knew best

10+ Year Old Account
    Bingo. I'm much more focused on increasing the quality of depiction of all demographics as well as increasing the number of perspectives that are shown.

Last of Us is an interesting case, and I would say it is diverse in its characterisations simply because the dynamic between Joel and Ellie isn't something you typically see in media in general, much less video games. I will also point out that inclusiveness in depiction isn't restricted solely to minorities; it also includes a variety of depictions of white men. One of the more positive things about recent developments in narrative-heavy video games is that they are increasingly challenging traditional depictions of what masculinity 'should' be.

Video game reform isn't intended to wipe the slate clean of every depiction of white dudes; it's a call for them to be criticised as the art pieces they are, and for their social impacts to be recognised.
    I would multi-quote but after all these years I still don't know how.

Your first remark is acceptable, but I would wager, once again, that the mainstream complaining does not refer to quality as much as it does to quantity. The parties asking for more diversity are wanting more of different - and often minorities - people. Like I said, the most recent example seems to be this Inclusion rider topic, which generally speaking seems to address quantity. It gives no assurance as to the quality of the characters.

Likewise, the opposite camp contests the pandering to such complaints on the grounds that such attributes that determine this version of diversity have no bearing on the character itself, unless, obviously the subject is precisely about that group of people.

As for Last of Us, i see where you're coming from, but its diversity isn't necessarily in the traditional sense, but rather the relationship is like that because of the specific circumstances - the whole infection thing - that has led them to that point. As for the depiction of white men, Joel in this case, I'm not entirely sure how different it can be. I think we've seen before the whole thing about a man caring a grudge and being fragile over the loss of a loved one. Plus the whole tough guy think remains present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    There was no campaign of harassment and vitriol. As far as I can tell, they completely made that up. You can find plenty of articles about it, but an actual instance of it is very, very hard to find.
    This is bordering on conspiracy level bullshit, here.

Alright, I'll bite.

I don't care about your gender. My comment wasn't about your gender, heck it wasn't even about mine. It was about the use of the word "mansplaining". Learn what it means, learn how it came about, and then stop using it. Please.
    Nope, I will continue to use it so long as people feel the need to talk down to "SJWs".

Of course they did, but at least the narratives were interesting and fun! The new ones aren't. That's the difference. You think Marvel is struggling because of having many changes; they're not. They're struggling because of the specific changes they made.
    Which is blatantly false, especially in comparison to other publishers that are moving towards more diverse depiction; Marvel's issues have much more to do with a general practice of price gouging existing readers as well as structural issues within the company itself.

I've heard this same sort of rubbish before in the vein of "unions killed Hostess"; it romanticises a past that never actually existed while glossing over the fact that at the end of the day Marvel is a corporation that can make bad business decisions that have nothing to do with "social justice".

Also, most comics aren't sold in print anymore.
    And the decline in print sales has led to Marvel's pricing strategy which frustrates existing readers and presents a barrier to new readers. Go figure.

Alright, who'd they bully, then?
    The people that reported them? Lol.

Again, I don't buy into conspiracy-esque rubbish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Wait other species exist in space *i am shocked* that's not what I meant. The setting for ME is pretty damn solid. But when you introduce characters you can just have them throw out shit like "I'm a tran female muslim Lesbain".
    Well, actually, 100% of the Asaris are ''lesbians''...

Wellll i DID fogure a good way to make zelda the lead buut would take some work and was based on pre botw gameplay. Would require link be corrupted JUST enough to fight for ganondorf but not so much he was irredeemable and lost his courage

Magic could replace items and so on.

Overall yeah pretty much against lore
    Right, exactly. For The Legend of Zelda they'd literally have to throw out the entire plot and the entire moveset of the main character, and therefore redesign every boss encounter as well.

Would I like to play as Zelda in a The Legend of Zelda game? Yeah, that might be cool, but let's think it through. Don't just swap Link and Zelda in the story, that's stupid, but that's what they wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You've spent enough time on this forum to understand the parallel. Don't play dumb.
    Sorry I don't speak whatever cryptic bullshit you speak off.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Apparently I'm a "far leftists" cause I see a giant double standard in the "anti sjw" crowd. I love mmo champ.
    exactly.

Apparently I'm "alt right" cause I see a giant double standard in the "sjw" crowd. I love mmo champ.

Just as valid.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yeah, we know, ''no darkies and no wumin'' because it might threaten the hardcore realism of such games.

Dumb question, do you REALLY think Czechs were considered ''white'' by the edgelords of 1933 ?
    They have plenty of women in the game...and why do ypu keep using the term edgelord i REALLY do not think it means what you think it means

The issue is that both sides who took it so seriously ended up making a mockery of themselves. I'm fully against political correctness, but the anti-PC folks looked just as foolish as the PC folks. This ties into Trump, because those zealots were the first ones to jump on the Trump troll train. This will put them in a spot, as Trump is calling for the questioning of the thing that got their movement started in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting exactly what you wanted GGbros?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Sorry I don't speak whatever cryptic bullshit you speak off.
    Here, I'll explain it to you: the insulting remark you made before can be compared to what the Mall Security poster often this in several threads: branding anything or anyone performing certain behaviors or actions as alt-right, racist or sexist, with no room for debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    This games role was to tell a historical story
    Gonna stop you here; the 'story' part is why 'historical accuracy' isn't a defense of lack of diversity. It is a fictionalised depiction, and the fiction part puts the onus of decision on the creator.

What matters when it comes to narratively depicting a particular time period - or really any setting - is culture, personality, and theme. I fail to see how being diverse is automatically something that compromises that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I would pay dearly to know what suddenly make a criticism toward a videogame valid ?

Why exactly ''more women or more people of color'' is ''stoopid SJW'' stuff, but pages after pages after pages of complaints and crying over GCD abilities on this very site are okay ? Ah, yes, because YOU think those things are important.<

Other example, why exactly Anita Sarkeesian mocking the bikinis of DOA make her a threat against freedom of speech but the lootbox crying of Battlefront 2 is legit ? (Yes, I know, you think it's legit, but I can assure you that if I explained to my mom and my dad that Battlefront 2 is unfair because you can buy the Darth Vader skin with lootboxes, they would look at me for a very long while before asking ''but why you don' t play to another game then ?'')
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-03-08 at 05:10 PM.