I assume you mean SAO Progressive? I read the first one and it was actually pretty good. I have a few more volumes that I snagged at a yard sale but haven't gotten around to reading yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    The MC of Stein’s Gate is growing on me and his interactions with his ‘assistant’. Not sure if the story is interesting to me yet but it’s not bad - only at 6, so I’ll give it time. I will finish the series!
    What episode are you on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good catch, SJ - damn phone. @icedwarrior I just finished 7, which was decent, seem to be getting deeper into the story now.

@icedwarrior I just finished 7, which was decent, seem to be getting deeper into the story now.
    Yeah, the one criticism I see with S;G is that it is pretty slow to "get going". That said, I don't mind the slow start because I find the characters to be amazing, and that focus on the characters pays off later, when shit goes down. Oh, and Kurisu is my waifu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kuritsun is quite cute, so I can fully understand that part. I had read the slow start criticism quite often which is why I'm pushing through. I'll end up doing the same with Code Geass after this, possibly Evangelion. Need to catch up on all of these classics so I can weeb with the best of them.

Tuturu .

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Kuritsun is quite cute, so I can fully understand that part. I had read the slow start criticism quite often which is why I'm pushing through. I'll end up doing the same with Code Geass after this, possibly Evangelion. Need to catch up on all of these classics so I can weeb with the best of them.
    Code Geass I didn't really feel was worth the push. Evangelion was a spectacle at least. I saw it as it was coming out and haven't been able to rewatch it since because it takes so long to get started.

I'll eventually get around to reading more of Progressive and Oratoria but I've rarely got any quiet time to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    02 is quite a character and im guessing a homage to Auska.
    But 02 has nothing to do with Asuka, Miku has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m still trying to figure out if I’m enjoying S2 of Overlord. I think the biggest thing that I’m having trouble with is that it’s mostly side stories and doesn’t center around the main group, it’s like a spinoff. I am enjoying this second side story more than the Lizard one...except for the Lizard sex - that shit was top notch.

What are others’ thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    All right, I finished Pet Girl of Sakurasau

I wasn't prepared for the sheer amount of feels the last eight or so episodes, holy crap. Really cool that it fits into more of an ensemble cast thing, as opposed to focusing more on a singular romance. All the characters were written really well. Even Akasaka, the recluse, who I wish we could have seen more with Rita, since that relationship was pretty hilarious. That said, I'm disappointed that Kanda didn't pick the obvious choice. Although there was a line in the last episode where Jin told Aoyama not to give up on that. I'm not expecting a season 2 though (or a dub, despite a highly rated Sentai show, there's already a blu-ray release). And yeah, genki girl Misaki is probably my favorite. 9/10, maybe a lighter mood in the second half (same complaint I made about Toradora).

I’m still trying to figure out if I’m enjoying S2 of Overlord. I think the biggest thing that I’m having trouble with is that it’s mostly side stories and doesn’t center around the main group, it’s like a spinoff. I am enjoying this second side story more than the Lizard one...except for the Lizard sex - that shit was top notch.

It's trash in my opinion, although shiny trash now that Sebas is the focus.

the lizard thing was the icing on the cake of trash. "We need more corpses! Quickly, go use an army of corpses that got wiped out to do so!"
    I mean, I guess it was kinda alluded to that his original reason wasn't even that, it was to test whether or not the Guardians can think for themselves, and he decided they could, BUT LIKE, NONE OF THEM THOUGHT IT WAS A BAD DECISION TO WASTE AN ARMY TO GET EVEN LESS OF AN ARMY?!

10+ Year Old Account

Its worldbuilding type of anime. This is the reason why is so many side-storys (all in the end connect back to main character).
    And main character is more of a observer than the usualy overpowered hero that beats anyone and screams like that guy from black clover.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was harder than I thought trying to make a current top ten favorite list. Basically picking between shows at the bottom that I've rewatched.

Halfway through Nozaki-Kun. It's amusing, and I'm enjoying the characters. But I don't think I've once laughed out loud. Same with Kiss Him, Not Me (the other Watamote)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    All right, I finished Pet Girl of Sakurasau

I wasn't prepared for the sheer amount of feels the last eight or so episodes, holy crap. Really cool that it fits into more of an ensemble cast thing, as opposed to focusing more on a singular romance. All the characters were written really well. Even Akasaka, the recluse, who I wish we could have seen more with Rita, since that relationship was pretty hilarious. That said, I'm disappointed that Kanda didn't pick the obvious choice. Although there was a line in the last episode where Jin told Aoyama not to give up on that. I'm not expecting a season 2 though (or a dub, despite a highly rated Sentai show, there's already a blu-ray release). And yeah, genki girl Misaki is probably my favorite. 9/10, maybe a lighter mood in the second half (same complaint I made about Toradora).
    No season 2 and you definitely don't want one, at least not based on the books. It likely won't get a dub either since Sentai already released it without one.

- - - Updated - - -

Was talking with some friends at work that recently watched various shows they weren't prepared for feels from, and the topic popped up on /r/anime too. Between the 4 of them, they've recently finished Madoka, SSY, and K-On (at my suggestions no less). They all hate me and won't take my suggestions again anytime soon. Anybody have a show or two they didn't expect feels from?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mentioned it earlier, but I was not expecting certain feels from Is this a Zombie? Season one has some good moments, all from Eucliwood, coming from a show that is really silly in concept (and mostly in execution). New Game has a couple moments in season 2. Barakamon has a couple moments as well, and the goddamn ending theme song (the one in English) kills me for some reason.

So Sakurasau pulls a Haganai, huh? Oh well. What is there is good enough.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-03-08 at 11:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's trash in my opinion, although shiny trash now that Sebas is the focus.

the lizard thing was the icing on the cake of trash. "We need more corpses! Quickly, go use an army of corpses that got wiped out to do so!"
    I mean, I guess it was kinda alluded to that his original reason wasn't even that, it was to test whether or not the Guardians can think for themselves, and he decided they could, BUT LIKE, NONE OF THEM THOUGHT IT WAS A BAD DECISION TO WASTE AN ARMY TO GET EVEN LESS OF AN ARMY?!
    not to defend the lizard arc, but Nazarick didn't actually need more corpses; it's not like they're running out. The reason for going to the Lizardmen village was just to see if Lizard corpses could create superior undead to human corpses. The entire initial army was made up up bottom tier trash undead that Ainz could recreate with ease (except the lich, but he can still create 12 liches per day). Losing them didn't matter in the slightest.

Besides, even if any of the Guardians thought it was a bad idea, it's doubtful they'd even question his decision. Hence the actual purpose of the mission being a test for Cocytus, like you said. Most of Nazarick is insanely overconfident and wouldn't think mere lizardmen could survive even against weak undead. A few (namely Demiurge) were able to figure out before Cocytus that it was a test anyway.

I just watch random vids on tumblr.

Saw Colours and it looks pretty funny, they were pretty savage to Koto when they say shes bad at video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    But 02 has nothing to do with Asuka
    Then explain this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course the first thing I do when I wake up is watch the new episode of comfy campers.

Looks like the last two episodes will be the Christmas camp, with everyone. Including our new club advisor, drunk sister! https://i.imgur.com/mOP4ACv.jpg I'm glad Nadeshiko figured it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I just watch random vids on tumblr.

Saw Colours and it looks pretty funny, they were pretty savage to Koto when they say shes bad at video games.
    You should watch all of Colors, it's hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I lied. Hori's anger over boxes in the last episode I watched of Nozaki-kun made me lose it. Shit was funny.